Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Wow Hogan is bad, why are they still wasting reps on him ?

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    It's tough being a Broncos fan when all the other 31 teams hit on their 1st round picks year in and year out.
    no one said anything about getting things right every time. When I know it's a bad pick then I think they should know it too. Ramczyk was the no brainer pick at OT that year. That was an easy one to get right. Nothing you say can change that.

Very disappointing game, only bright spot was Bradley Chubb disrupting things other than that, nothing much to get excited about.

I know it is only preseason but this horrible play tends to carry over to the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    we didn't need hindsight. many of us knew it was the wrong pick the second it happened......
    Not to mention the scouting reports and draft projections. Bolles was projected first and second round - I donít think there was any consensus that had Bolles as the #1 LT. I think he was consistently projected behind Ramczyk.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.

no one said anything about getting things right every time. When I know it's a bad pick then I think they should know it too. Ramczyk was the no brainer pick at OT that year. That was an easy one to get right. Nothing you say can change that.
    He was not a no brainer pick over Bolles. The class was considered to be a very weak o line class with no real standouts. They drafted Bolles on athleticism. Ramcyzk is the better player but that was not certain at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Very disappointing game, only bright spot was Bradley Chubb disrupting things other than that, nothing much to get excited about.

I know it is only preseason but this horrible play tends to carry over to the regular season.
    There were more bright spots than Chubb, although he played on another level. You sort of need to look at individual plays to see the potential. The offense still needs work but there are some positive signs there. We need to finish drives but they showed improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Third-string football is like the end of the toilet paper roll.
    It's more like the toilet paper roll that falls in the toilet, but you have to use it anyway after letting it dry because you are too poor for more toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Not really. I know it's disheartening to see your team outplayed but preseason success is rarely an indicator of regular season success.

[QUOTE=JW7;5821728]He was not a no brainer pick over Bolles. The class was considered to be a very weak o line class with no real standouts. They drafted Bolles on athleticism. Ramcyzk is the better player but that was not certain at the time.[/QUOTE]

it was to many of us.

As long as you put a new roll on the holder, the spouse is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not to mention the scouting reports and draft projections. Bolles was projected first and second round - I don’t think there was any consensus that had Bolles as the #1 LT. I think he was consistently projected behind Ramczyk.
    agreed. Here is a blurb about Bolles:

School: Utah | Year: Junior. Played only one year at major-college level after transferring from a junior college. Started 13 games at left tackle in 2016 and gave up just two sacks. Had seven holding and seven false start penalties. Will be 25 years old next month. Has elevated stock because of the lack of quality linemen in this draft, but he has a good chance to find success in the NFL. Good pick with some risk.

sound familiar?

agreed. Here is a blurb about Bolles:

School: Utah | Year: Junior. Played only one year at major-college level after transferring from a junior college. Started 13 games at left tackle in 2016 and gave up just two sacks. Had seven holding and seven false start penalties. Will be 25 years old next month. Has elevated stock because of the lack of quality linemen in this draft, but he has a good chance to find success in the NFL. Good pick with some risk.

sound familiar?
    Very familiar. He also had some other challenges that I wonít get into here. Until this camp heís been difficult to coach because he gets frustrated easily. Thatís slowed his development and he already had a late start. Iíve been very patient supporting him but he needs to put a game together without holding back the offense (pun intended).

Not really cause the toilet paper can still get the job done.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

As I recall everyone in the draft thread that year thought we were going with Ramcyzk. Then somebody brought up a rumor that Elway was enamored with Bolles and everyone went, "Oh...no...no...."

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    As I recall everyone in the draft thread that year thought we were going with Ramcyzk. Then somebody brought up a rumor that Elway was enamored with Bolles and everyone went, "Oh...no...no...."
    agreed