Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Week 1: Raiders vs Broncos

Let's get this started NOW!

I'm feeling a Raiders 31-20 victory to extend our all-time record to 65-53-2.

I know I know, Denver's defense yada yada yada. Only allowed 30+ points once last year. I just think my team will get off to a strong start at home with the new pieces in place on offense.

Vic Fangio is too new for me to have confidence in Denver at this stage. You can say what you want about Gruden but he is no longer out of football for 10 years.

Carr: 16-31, 202 yards, 2 TDs
    Jacobs: 20 carries, 74 yards, 2 TDs (the big plays from DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard.)
    Tyrell Williams: 5 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD
    Antonio Brown... TBD. If Antonio Brown plays, I see Carr throwing a pick-6 due to the lack of timing developed between the two. But I also see it as no hard no foul at the end of the day.

CP bets for straight up victory. Post your thoughts, homerisms and wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    That would be funny.
    Excuses ? Need more detail. Was it a nail biter and the raiders won by a fg? .....a blow out?
    If the raiders are the better team Ill admit it and tip my cap.
    I think Denver defense and your offense will cancel each other out, you guys will score between 13 & 20 pts.
    Noted.

The Broncos offense vs the raiders defense will decide this game.
    Not a bad prediction, especially if it's a game winning drive.

-Can the Raiders stop our run game?
    I think they can hold Lindsey to under 75 on the ground. Probably +120 for the entire squad.

-Can the Raiders get to Flacco?
    No. But they probably won't have to.

First I shall gladly take the CP bet for a straight up victory.

I'm not good on predicting stats, but I do think Philip Lindsay will tear apart that Raiders D for at least 100 yards this game, in about 20 carries

As far as the coaching we should be much better off with Vic Fangio than Vance Joseph. We might be able to see the real case of Death by Inches from Vic with how he'll coach against your team.

I overall predict a 24-10 final in favor of the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    First I shall gladly take the CP bet for a straight up victory.

I'm not good on predicting stats, but I do think Philip Lindsay will tear apart that Raiders D for at least 100 yards this game, in about 20 carries

As far as the coaching we should be much better off with Vic Fangio than Vance Joseph. We might be able to see the real case of Death by Inches from Vic with how he'll coach against your team.

I overall predict a 24-10 final in favor of the Broncos.
    Deal.

I'm not like most who will automatically assume that a new coach is better than a terrible one, but I will say that Vic doesn't have too high of a molehill to climb.

As for Lindsey, if we can contain the big 30-40+ yard run that he's capable of having, then I see us holding him to the yards I predicted. We're faster on defense and I think have better containment with our new guys... though I'm not sold on my linebackers in coverage, so Lindsey could have a few big plays off of screens.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Let's get this started NOW!

I'm feeling a Raiders 31-20 victory to extend our all-time record to 65-53-2.

I know I know, Denver's defense yada yada yada. Only allowed 30+ points once last year. I just think my team will get off to a strong start at home with the new pieces in place on offense.

Vic Fangio is too new for me to have confidence in Denver at this stage. You can say what you want about Gruden but he is no longer out of football for 10 years.

Carr: 16-31, 202 yards, 2 TDs
    Jacobs: 20 carries, 74 yards, 2 TDs (the big plays from DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard.)
    Tyrell Williams: 5 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD
    Antonio Brown... TBD. If Antonio Brown plays, I see Carr throwing a pick-6 due to the lack of timing developed between the two. But I also see it as no hard no foul at the end of the day.

CP bets for straight up victory. Post your thoughts, homerisms and wishes.
    Straight up bet
    I got Denver winning 23-20.
    I see Oakland getting up quick too
    14-6 at halftime
    Denver makes adjustments at the half and Denver pulls out the upset on a late TD Drive, followed by the broncos pas rush taking over as Carr tries to tie it up.

Straight up bet
    I got Denver winning 23-20.
    I see Oakland getting up quick too
    14-6 at halftime
    Denver makes adjustments at the half and Denver pulls out the upset on a late TD Drive, followed by the broncos pas rush taking over as Carr tries to tie it up.
    Damn you and your intelligent prediction.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Carr has historic come from behind magic but Chubby Von makes that scenario all the more difficult.

Noted.

Not a bad prediction, especially if it's a game winning drive.

I think they can hold Lindsey to under 75 on the ground. Probably +120 for the entire squad.

No. But they probably won't have to.
    Flacco in last years opener completed 73% of his passes for 236 yards and 3 tds

Lindsay has 111 total yds and s TD in our first match up last year
    In the second match up he had 56 yards on. 12 touches before leaving the game with a season ending injury to his wrist.

Damn you and your intelligent prediction.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Carr has historic come from behind magic but Chubby Von makes that scenario all the more difficult.
    I like the additions weve made but its going to take time to get it all working. Raiders have a qb who has 16 games under his belt and they will have all the momentum at home, Monday night, and the opener. If the broncos can survive the initial flurry they can stick around and steal the game.

Flacco in last years opener completed 73% of his passes for 236 yards and 3 tds

Lindsay has 111 total yds and s TD in our first match up last year
    In the second match up he had 56 yards on. 12 touches before leaving the game with a season ending injury to his wrist.
    Yep on Lindsay. 1 big play for 53 yards, no other play over 10, which is why I think we contain him if we negate that one monster play. Not a 10+ or 20+ but a near homerun of 30+.

And come on... that was Buffalo. Nate Peterman isn't starting this one.

I hope I didn't just jinx it

Yep on Lindsay. 1 big play for 53 yards, no other play over 10, which is why I think we contain him if we negate that one monster play. Not a 10+ or 20+ but a near homerun of 30+.

And come on... that was Buffalo. Nate Peterman isn't starting this one.

I hope I didn't just jinx it
    Lindsay is no Barry Sanders but Barry had a lot of those short runs and then one or two big ones.
    True, but peterman wasnt defending anyone, Flacco took what was open and he will challenge your secondary down the field something Keenum seemed afraid to do.
    Flacco likes to throw it up to the big men and we got a few.
    TE Noah Fant 65
    WR Courtland Sutton 64
    WR Tim Patrick 64

Remember Sanders was out in the second match up and he is a deep threat.

The Guy i can see having a good game is Royce Freeman. He should get. About 15 carries and behind Bolles and Risner on the left side where they will go at you rookie Ferrell.

Lets hope everyone is healthy.

I like the additions we’ve made but it’s going to take time to get it all working. Raiders have a qb who has 16 games under his belt and they will have all the momentum at home, Monday night, and the opener. If the broncos can survive the initial flurry they can stick around and steal the game.
    I agree with you on your take here but I believe the game will come down to both teams having first game of the season jitters, Monday night no less and who will make the least amount of mistakes and minimize drive killing penalties. Basically a coin toss but if I had to make a wager, I give the edge to the Silver & Black, home field advantage is always a plus with the brutal Raider fans. I just hope it's a great game and a winning start for our revised team and coaching staff.
    Utah Bronco Freak

I’m in for the CP...

Also how about an addition CP bet for AB scoring a touchdown?

Or and over under for closeups and helmet discussion by the commentators ?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I’m in for the CP...

Also how about an addition CP bet for AB scoring a touchdown?
    If he plays, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Or and over under for closeups and helmet discussion by the commentators ?
    No.

ill take a cp bet that straight up denver wins by at least a td

Alright, I'll cp bet Denver wins by at least 3. Second cp bet that ESPN shows an old school helmet graphic.

Last edited by Lumiere; 08-19-2019 at 07:58 PM.