Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 181
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    here's the thing, if your team wasn't the embarrassment that they are, you wouldn't need to polish trophies from 30 years ago.
    So it's better being a Legacy of Failure than a champion?

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    So it's better being a Legacy of Failure than a champion?
    every team fails almost every single year of their existence. but when that team doesn't fail one, two, or three year out of 60, that then excuses all of their future failures and makes it okay if they are a true laughing stock because they were once champions more than 30 years ago, is that what you're saying?

    what i'm saying is i have hope my team will get there one day and raiders fans don't have that same hope, all they have is the memories of their team being great back in the 70's and 80's and that's why it's literally the only talking point DS has, not that i blame him honestly because what else can he say?

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,869
    Jeeez ...... how long we have to wait for our game. People work in the AM ........ our game starts at 10:30. I hope Fangio can stay up that late
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Hopefully you're wrong bout Giants v cowboys and lions v Cards. Kyler needs to have a great game...
    Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones were strong considerations when I made my picks.

    Matt Stafford on the road isnít good but heís going against a Vance Joseph coached defense! Need I say more? Lol

    Daniel Jones is making his NFL debut and despite all the naysayers, I do really like him and believe he will have a pretty good career.

    However Iíve gotta take Dake and the Cowgirls in this one.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,722
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    unlike the raiders this could be that year, or next year, or possibly a couple years down the road. the raiders are hopeless, they cant even get out of their own way and i'm supposed to bow down to them because they were once a great franchise 30 years ago? sorry but no....

    here's the thing, if your team wasn't the embarrassment that they are, you wouldn't need to polish trophies from 30 years ago.
    Here's the funny thing. I didn't bring up the trophies. YOU did.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL if only those SB wins really meant you were "winning" against us every time we play when in reality your SB wins are nothing more than a legendary tale to be told to future generations who also have no idea what a Lombardi is.
    That was the FIRST mention of a Super Bowl trophy in our discussion.

    To refresh your memory. in this Raiders vs Broncos thread, you entered the chat with with a little chime in.

    Then I posted a non-trophy meme.

    Then you asked me when was the last time we beat the Chargers and I answered your question, which was a game where the results were comparable to a Super Bowl appearance. And I brought that up because it's the most recent accomplishment of ours that's worth anything... and MORE RECENT than ANYTHING your team has done since.

    You don't realize that my discussion isn't about the Raiders past success. It's about the Chargers' present FAILURES.

    But since YOU brought the long ago accomplishments up, I used them to FURTHER show how inferior of a FRANCHISE you are, ie: winning. And I asked, and you REFUSED to answer: what has your team WON?

    Now for TODAY, are you the better team? Of course. Are WE going to get back to the form of a few years ago? Who knows. Current Patriot Antonio Brown was in the plans and would've made our offense much better. Now we have to see what Josh Jacobs, the offensive line and what our other receivers do. On top of the pass rush and defense overall. I can predict, but I need to see actual game footage first.

    But it sucks for you. Before Antonio Brown, Gordon's holdout and the injuries, I had the Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I can't see you stopping the Pats now. And if you don't, we'll have the Chargers failures to remind you again. It's a fact of your football like that I'm sure your used to.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    every team fails almost every single year of their existence. but when that team doesn't fail one, two, or three year out of 60, that then excuses all of their future failures and makes it okay if they are a true laughing stock because they were once champions more than 30 years ago, is that what you're saying?

    what i'm saying is i have hope my team will get there one day and raiders fans don't have that same hope, all they have is the memories of their team being great back in the 70's and 80's and that's why it's literally the only talking point DS has, not that i blame him honestly because what else can he say?
    Good grief, where does one start with your inability to make any sense with what comes out of your mouth via a keyboard!

    It's a well known fact that you rarely review/read back/proof read your posts before you hit "send". It's blatantly obvious you didn't with this mangled mess of words.

    I read the the first paragraph 4 times before giving up and determining you struggle to communicate what's whirling around in your head.
    I think I know what you're trying to say but you might want to help us to better understand by using short and to the point bullet points. However there's a strong chance you would screw that up too and make your thoughts really, really, really confusing!
    I know, it's difficult to believe that's possible!

    You somehow think you have an "exclusive" on HOPE! You have the right to HOPE but nobody else does.
    Your above statement "I have hope my team will get there one day and raiders fans don't have that same hope"....say what? Very asinine statement! If you really don't believe Raider fans are not hoping for greatness AGAIN, well think again. That's the height of ignorance!

    Just because the Sparklers recent successful history in the AFC West DOES NOT allow you to claim that the Dolts are on the verge of continued success for years to come and all the others should get used to choking on the dust of the...chokers!

    And finally, I'd much rather have memories, no GREAT memories of my team being great with Super Bowl victories no matter how many years ago. And me as a DENVER BRONCO fan since 1970 and having witnessed several years of failure in Super Bowls, and then enjoying 3 Super Bowl wins...well if the historically superb NFL franchise DENVER BRONCOS never win another Super Bowl in my lifetime...at least I can continue to cherish the outstanding MEMORIES, and you can't! The Chargers history just plain and simple doesn't allow it!

    Keep HOPING baph, the only thing you have going for you is the law of average. Boston Red Sox fans had to HOPE for 85 years, 1919 to 2004. You've been hoping for what...40 years! It can continue to get worse baph! Be thankful.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,378
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    every team fails almost every single year of their existence. but when that team doesn't fail one, two, or three year out of 60, that then excuses all of their future failures and makes it okay if they are a true laughing stock because they were once champions more than 30 years ago, is that what you're saying?
    HOW have you managed to get any cp much less 6 bars???? After trying to decipher your...whatever you call that comment, I now have a migraine......thanks.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    643
    This gon be a fun NFL season I can clearly see...

    We poop posters(I can't say the s version because vulgar) are gonna have a field day.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,891
    Watching VJ looking clueless as the lions shred his defense ... sure donít miss that

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Here's the funny thing. I didn't bring up the trophies. YOU did.


    That was the FIRST mention of a Super Bowl trophy in our discussion.

    To refresh your memory. in this Raiders vs Broncos thread, you entered the chat with with a little chime in.

    Then I posted a non-trophy meme.

    Then you asked me when was the last time we beat the Chargers and I answered your question, which was a game where the results were comparable to a Super Bowl appearance. And I brought that up because it's the most recent accomplishment of ours that's worth anything... and MORE RECENT than ANYTHING your team has done since.

    You don't realize that my discussion isn't about the Raiders past success. It's about the Chargers' present FAILURES.

    But since YOU brought the long ago accomplishments up, I used them to FURTHER show how inferior of a FRANCHISE you are, ie: winning. And I asked, and you REFUSED to answer: what has your team WON?

    Now for TODAY, are you the better team? Of course. Are WE going to get back to the form of a few years ago? Who knows. Current Patriot Antonio Brown was in the plans and would've made our offense much better. Now we have to see what Josh Jacobs, the offensive line and what our other receivers do. On top of the pass rush and defense overall. I can predict, but I need to see actual game footage first.

    But it sucks for you. Before Antonio Brown, Gordon's holdout and the injuries, I had the Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I can't see you stopping the Pats now. And if you don't, we'll have the Chargers failures to remind you again. It's a fact of your football like that I'm sure your used to.
    Sir DevilSpawn, we Bronco fans very much appreciate your supreme ability to once again put the "baphster" in his place!

    How embarrassing for you baph! Once again, you stick your face (aka your lame words) directly in front of a double barrel shot gun (aka a very accomplished poster, who unlike you, make complete sense) and he pulls both triggers simultaneously and blows you completely out of the thread....AGAIN!
    Will you ever learn to stay away from guns? (aka intelligent fans who frequent this forum)
    Utah Bronco Freak

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,275
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Watching VJ looking clueless as the lions shred his defense ... sure donít miss that
    Giants D are making the Cowboys look like the 2018 chiefs on offense right now lol

    With Eli looking so bad, Jones eagerly waiting behind him and Folles going down in Jacksonville does anyone see Coughlin Orchestrating a trade here?

    Attn. TammyBrown ⬆️⬆️⬆️ This is how you make proper use of the word ďorchestratedĒ!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-08-2019 at 03:53 PM.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Watching VJ looking clueless as the lions shred his defense ... sure donít miss that
    any pictures?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Giants D are making the Cowboys look like the 2018 chiefs on offense right now lol

    With Eli looking so bad, Jones eagerly waiting behind him and Folles going down in Jacksonville does anyone see Coughlin Orchestrating a trade here?

    Attn. TammyBrown ⬆️⬆️⬆️ This is how you make proper use of the word “orchestrated”!
    I think that makes a lot of sense. With a veteran team that just took a punch to the gut, I bet Manning would be highly embraced.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 09-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Congrats DS

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,275
    Horrible Game, Talented Broncos yet Unprepared!

    What can I say, Yiadom looked bad, our ILBs looked bad. Denver still has a ton talent and they are far from a bad team just not prepared tonight.

    They took an ass whoopin from the better team tonight however our offense showed some flashes.

    Congrats on the win Spawn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •