Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How many 3 TE sets have we seen in the preseason? How many times have we seen an extra lineman come in? How many times have we seen a true short yardage look?

They're not running their Red Zone or short yardage offense yet. Teams save that for the regular season. So I really wouldn't worry about being predictable or not being able to block well enough in those situations yet. Denver hasn't sold out to get something. When they do the defense has to counter and that opens up other things. Right now it's regular O v regular D.
    Excellent points. I hope to see some of those looks in the regular season. We have too much talent to be kicking field goals all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It’s still early and all, but it’s hard not to notice how much the offense still looks like the last couple years.

It’s not going to matter how good the defense is if the offense can’t score points.

I kind of feel the same way like I have hopes that is offense will be better than last year however what I am seeing so far is down right dreadful. I am having flashbacks of Case's Offense all over again and that last year was downright miserable. What I would like to see is the offense get rid of of those stupid WR screens as the Defense now tee's off on these as I see it the WR screen was so 2012-2013 we have used it all up and Defense's now are Trained for it as they have been since Denver used it back in 12-13. I would like to see the WR's actually run routes like 10 Yard Curls 10 Yard Digs Route Running I think needs to be addressed. I hope that I am wrong however based off the last 2 games yes I know they are preseason games however I am seeing the same ole from this offense and if it cannot get on track 6-10 here we come again. I sure hope that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How many 3 TE sets have we seen in the preseason? How many times have we seen an extra lineman come in? How many times have we seen a true short yardage look?

They're not running their Red Zone or short yardage offense yet. Teams save that for the regular season. So I really wouldn't worry about being predictable or not being able to block well enough in those situations yet. Denver hasn't sold out to get something. When they do the defense has to counter and that opens up other things. Right now it's regular O v regular D.
    I agree with you on this, I feel like in these games they are really just putting a hat on a hat, and seeing who wins their individual battles. Running backs hit the hole you are told to hit, receivers run the vanilla routes, sanders let's see how well you can run after injury, and such.

If they are not changing things up by the first real game, then we got issues....
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yeah that pass to Fant was bad IMO. If thatís out in front of him itís likely a 3rd and manageable situation if not a TD, if Fant didnít stop that lands right in the defenders chest. That being said Fant is playing slow right now. His routes arenít very crisp and thereís very little nuance to how heís running them. TEs usually take a bit of time to develop due to how much theyíre asked to do but he should reach out to Shannon Sharpe for some pointers on route running. In the meantime weíre going to have let him run a lot of crossers, drags, and streaks just so he doesnít have to cut and it can be a straight up foot race with the defender.
    Fant might be thinking too much about the play and route, or a bit hesitant. That was a problem with Cody Latimer. He played great on ST because coverage didnít require the same level of knowledge as the playbook. Now that heís had a few years in the league he can play without thinking too much. It might take Fant some time (hopefully not too much time).