Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,386

    Waiver Wire Targets

    Anybody catch your eye so far this preseason that might not make the team due to a numbers game?

    Tanner Hudson, the TE from the Bucs has put up some impressive numbers catching the ball but the Bucs have Howard and Brate and may prioritize blocking over receiving for their 3rd and/or 4th spot.

    Jack Doyle might be a potential trade candidate after Ebron had a huge season and Mo Alie-Cox oozing potential, plus they added extra WRs. Maybe one of our broken TEs and a draft pick?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,744
    We badly need a real ILB and some offensive linemen. Like, real badly. Our ILB situation is the worst in the league.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    We badly need a real ILB and some offensive linemen. Like, real badly. Our ILB situation is the worst in the league.
    If only there was a way Elway could have addressed that pesky ILB issue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    681
    Brian Griese was adamant that Denver needs a new kick returner before week 1. Do you guys agree? I am not at all in love with any I have been watching on our roster.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,896
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Brian Griese was adamant that Denver needs a new kick returner before week 1. Do you guys agree? I am not at all in love with any I have been watching on our roster.
    The backup QB, Kick/Punt Returner and Punter are not on the roster at the moment IMO. They might be able to find a better O-Lineman after cuts, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The backup QB, Kick/Punt Returner and Punter are not on the roster at the moment IMO. They might be able to find a better O-Lineman after cuts, too.
    Wow. How does that happen? The Browns signed Jamie Gillan, and that dude is awesome. They might release Colquitt, but either way that might be the way to go. If they release Gillan, I'd be all over that one. As far as returner goes, it always amazes me how there are only like 25 guys in the NFL who can consistently catch a kick and actually want to be a returner. And we're going to have to waste a roster spot trying to find one unless we just roster Cracraft. He only had one fumble last year. Wasn't that the main reason we brought in Jones last year, aside from getting rid of Talib and having nothing besides CHJ at corner?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Wow. How does that happen? The Browns signed Jamie Gillan, and that dude is awesome. They might release Colquitt, but either way that might be the way to go. If they release Gillan, I'd be all over that one. As far as returner goes, it always amazes me how there are only like 25 guys in the NFL who can consistently catch a kick and actually want to be a returner. And we're going to have to waste a roster spot trying to find one unless we just roster Cracraft. He only had one fumble last year. Wasn't that the main reason we brought in Jones last year, aside from getting rid of Talib and having nothing besides CHJ at corner?
    Gillan sounds interesting. He's from the Highlands. Wonder if he wears a kilt?

    Wonder if Donnie Jones would be interested in another NFL season?

    Denver may consider Brock Osweiler as a backup QB.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Anybody catch your eye so far this preseason that might not make the team due to a numbers game?

    Tanner Hudson, the TE from the Bucs has put up some impressive numbers catching the ball but the Bucs have Howard and Brate and may prioritize blocking over receiving for their 3rd and/or 4th spot.

    Jack Doyle might be a potential trade candidate after Ebron had a huge season and Mo Alie-Cox oozing potential, plus they added extra WRs. Maybe one of our broken TEs and a draft pick?
    Broken TEs. who are you talking about? LOL

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    Clive walford would be the only TE id look at bringing in.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Wow. How does that happen? The Browns signed Jamie Gillan, and that dude is awesome. They might release Colquitt, but either way that might be the way to go. If they release Gillan, I'd be all over that one. As far as returner goes, it always amazes me how there are only like 25 guys in the NFL who can consistently catch a kick and actually want to be a returner. And we're going to have to waste a roster spot trying to find one unless we just roster Cracraft. He only had one fumble last year. Wasn't that the main reason we brought in Jones last year, aside from getting rid of Talib and having nothing besides CHJ at corner?
    your underrating Yiadom and Bausby. both have looked good in preseason. and Fangio has a way of working with mid to later round picks. or former busts. dontell is a DB coach at DC.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    your underrating Yiadom and Bausby. both have looked good in preseason. and Fangio has a way of working with mid to later round picks. or former busts. dontell is a DB coach at DC.
    I was talking about last year. Yiadom has looked good so far this year. Bausby, I'm far from sold on, but we'll be better this year at corner I believe. I felt like Roby was being asked to do too much last year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,384
    The Cardinals will be all over the waiver wire like:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I was talking about last year. Yiadom has looked good so far this year. Bausby, I'm far from sold on, but we'll be better this year at corner I believe. I felt like Roby was being asked to do too much last year.
    Roby was to agressive and expected his athleticism to bail him out of bad positions. i am not sold on bausby, but i really do like him as depth. he will only be the 4th on the dc at best and i think he has the talent to start but he is obviously not there yet. either way he is a guy i would keep an eye on next season

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,560
    I wander if Rolando McClain has learned his lesson?? It appears that the cowboys are leaning towards just releasing him after his reinstatement. He has been out of the league for 3 years so I'd say he is well rested LOL


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,386
    Will Tye, Luke Willson, AJ Derby were some TEs that got cut today. I think Fumagalli is the guy until Fant is healthy but one of these guys could be solid depth.

    Tommylee Lewis, Elijah McGuire, and Jaydon Mickens are some pose options at returned.

    Corey Nelson, Ramik Wilson, and Brandon Marshall could help out at ILB. Probably not Marshall though.

    Some other names that jumped out to me as young players that may have been in the wrong situation were Jamar Summers, Teez Tabor, Datone Jones, Rees Odhiambo, Simmie Cobbs, Joe Horn Jr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •