Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is....They, nor I, want Lock to play this season....maybe mop up duty, but that's it. Elway has said he wants the Aaron Rodgers scenario. So, Hogan has to be on the team. They don't want to show Rypians stuff, as if he shows well, someone will pluck him from the PS like they did Sloter. They didn't give Rypian all that money to be plucked away. I understand the way Lock was playing they were giving him the opportunity to take the QB2 spot....but how else does he develop.......playing with threes ? Nope. In my opinion, it was cool that Lock got hurt { slightly, and....1 game too early } so that he could start the season on IR....Papapawn and others will have fun flaming me , but it is only just an opinion.

I wonder how many of injuries weíre going to see at the start of the season with the starters playing so little across the NFL.

The body has to adapt to taking hits, training camp and lighter duty during preseason was a good warm up for that. Now these players are going to be thrown right into 3 hours of work and hits, with not much to prepare their bodies. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I guess. I'm not particularly high on Flacco though. He doesn't really add many wins vs what we would have with Lock or Osweiler or some other journeyman off the streets. We win maybe 7 games with Flacco and maybe 5 or 6 with someone like Osweiler.

The rest of the offense, for the most part, is young and lacking experience in a west coast offense. The whole point behind the 2019 season should be to gain experience for those young players in an effort to win in 2020. The minute we moved from Keenum to Flacco, we knew we weren't likely to be a playoff team. They are the same level of QB, and that level of QB holds teams back more often than not.

It's not like Flacco will play the whole year. His role as a bridge will be to keep the seat warm for Lock until circumstance switches their places. He will be injured or benched and the Lock trial period will begin. Hopefully Lock learns as quick as I think he will. That way we are a young, playoff bound team on the rise in 2020, and Joe will be somewhere like Tampa, again playing the bridge QB role in front of someone like Fromm.
    I would have liked the starting offense to play. The starting offense under Flacco will open the season without the confidence of scoring a TD. However, I understand they canít risk injury to Flacco. Regardless of opinions about Flacco, itís a steep dive off a cliff if we had to rely on Hogan.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-23-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Kevin Hogan as a Quaterback is just dreadful.

It's a long preseason. The Broncos have been practicing for over five weeks. It has been five days since the last game, and it will be five days until the next. Fortunately the snaps will be divided amongst second and third team. Otherwise, that's not enough time between games. The scheduling seems illogical. By the time Denver plays their first regular season game, it will have been seven and a half weeks since they started TC.

Fatigue and injuries need to be taken into account. The weather has been hot. First teamers will practice, but those can be controlled and managed unlike a game. It is important for the Broncos to be as rested and healthy as possible for 9 September, because they will be on a short week to their second game on 15 September.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's a long preseason. The Broncos have been practicing for over five weeks. It has been five days since the last game, and it will be five days until the next. Fortunately the snaps will be divided amongst second and third team. Otherwise, that's not enough time between games. The scheduling seems illogical. By the time Denver plays their first regular season game, it will have been seven and a half weeks since they started TC.

Fatigue and injuries need to be taken into account. The weather has been hot. First teamers will practice, but those can be controlled and managed unlike a game. It is important for the Broncos to be as rested and healthy as possible for 9 September, because they will be on a short week to their second game on 15 September.
    this year the injury count seems to be abnormally high. Landow is a fairly respected figure in the strength and conditioning world, but I'm wondering if something's changed in the training regimen causing this rash of injuries.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Also, I'm wondering if Hogan even belongs on this roster. Rypien would be better off as the backup if they're really trying to stash him away somewhere.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    this year the injury count seems to be abnormally high. Landow is a fairly respected figure in the strength and conditioning world, but I'm wondering if something's changed in the training regimen causing this rash of injuries.
    My recollection is that they occur every year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Also, I'm wondering if Hogan even belongs on this roster. Rypien would be better off as the backup if they're really trying to stash him away somewhere.
    What preseason have you been watching thinking rypien would be a better backup? He absolutely stinks. He is by far the worst qb on the roster and it isnít even close. Rypien doesnít not belong in the NfL. Even as a backup.

Hogan isnít great either but with Lock injured he is easily the best backup option we have.

I hope Flacco can stay healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I hope Flacco can stay healthy!
    Agreed. Iím not positive we will have a good offense with a healthy Flacco. But I do feel we could go winless without Flacco.

Man you guys are way too down on this Denver team..... If we can stay healthy, which is huge because our depth is awful from all the bad elway drafts.... then we could have a special team...

Im expecting Flacco to be competent to serviceable and the defense to take another step forward this year.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

ludi incipiant

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ludi incipiant
    Victori spolia
    MMXIX

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Victori spolia
    MMXIX

semper ubi sub ubi