Bold Prediction: Denver in Postseason!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 58Miller
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2013

Bold Prediction: Denver in Postseason!!!!!

The Popular opinion is Denver will be trash this year. Not just the mainstream media, rival fans, but many of Denver’s own have already counted us out and point to Joe Flacco as the problem.
    My bold prediction is Denver will win at least 10 games and get in.
    - we have a better coach who brings discipline, 30 years of NFL experience, and a dominant defensive mind, something our last coach was not.
    - we have an upgrade at QB, Flacco can beat teams with is arm but has no problem leaning on his run game and defense, and Flacco has something to prove just like in 2012 when he carried his team to a SB title.

Vance Joseph cost us at least two games last year ( Cleveland & Houston) as did Case Keenum (both KC games).

Our defense will be top 10, our offense will be around 15th overall.
    Our team in general will be a lot like the 2015 team.

Get in quickly and run your mouths about how I’m a homer, and Flacco is trash, and we will be worse with Fangio & Donatel running our D and Scangerello and Munchak will make sure teams respect the Denver O for the first time since 2014.

I’m happy to take on rivals fans and fellow fans.......Bring it 🥊!!!!!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-23-2019, 05:03 PM.
    sigpic
  • Canmore
    Do. Do not...No Try!
    • May 2007

As thin as we are, I don't see ten wins. I agree with a lot you say, but I think we end up on the short end of the stick playoff wise.

9-7, 8-8...maybe 7-9.

Either way, we sniff the playoffs, but don't make the ball.
    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• 58Miller
      Football Immortal
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
      As thin as we are, I don't see ten wins. I agree with a lot you say, but I think we end up on the short end of the stick playoff wise.

9-7, 8-8...maybe 7-9.

Either way, we sniff the playoffs, but don't make the ball.
      We are thin on the oline and Ilb, gonna need some luck staying healthy but that goes for every team in the league.
      Obviously prediction is based on us staying fairly healthy.
      sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

You should get in on the sig, avatar, and user title bets we have going here. That is, if you have the guts to stand behind your predictions.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          The Popular opinion is Denver will be trash this year. Not just the mainstream media, rival fans, but many of Denver’s own have already counted us out and point to Joe Flacco as the problem.
          - we have a better coach who brings discipline, 30 years of NFL experience, and a dominant defensive mind, something our last coach was not.
          - we have an upgrade at QB, Flacco can beat teams with is arm but has no problem leaning on his run game and defense, and Flacco has something to prove just like in 2012 when he carried his team to a SB title.

Vance Joseph cost us at least two games last year ( Cleveland & Houston) as did Case Keenum (both KC games).

Get in quickly and run your mouths about how I’m a homer, and Flacco is trash, and we will be worse with Fangio & Donatel running our D and Scangerello and Munchak will make sure teams respect the Denver O for the first time since 2014.

I’m happy to take on rivals fans and fellow fans.......Bring it ��!!!!!
          Weak analysis. Go through the Broncos schedule and tell us which games they'll win and lose.
          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

Don’t worry 58miller, you still have Arapaho and Sam to join you with your homer brigade.

Maybe if you actually read other broncos fans opinions and didn’t just listen to the voices in your head you would be a lot better off

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              Don’t worry 58miller, you still have Arapaho and Sam to join you with your homer brigade.

Maybe if you actually read other broncos fans opinions and didn’t just listen to the voices in your head you would be a lot better off
              Sorry I know it’s in bad taste but didn’t I tell you that Simmons would have a bigger impact for his team this season than James would with his?

Not the way I wanted it done but anyway Simmons will still have a greater impact for his team this year than most other safeties.

Fangios defense will be set up for a lot of turn overs from the Denver secondary this season and oh yeah BRADLEY CHUBB rushing the passer will only add to that impact!

Keep pouring spoiled relish into your toe jam sandwich Barph you trophyless stat beaver...

Comment

• baphamet
                Family Trust Beer
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Sorry I know it’s in bad taste but didn’t I tell you that Simmons would have a bigger impact for his team this season than James would with his?

Not the way I wanted it done but anyway Simmons will still have a greater impact for his team this year than most other safeties.

Fangios defense will be set up for a lot of turn overs from the Denver secondary this season and oh yeah BRADLEY CHUBB rushing the passer will only add to that impact!

Keep pouring spoiled relish into your toe jam sandwich Barph you trophyless stat beaver...
                Yes Derwin breaking his foot is the only way that was going to happen. Oh well, at least when Derwin gets back he can contribute to a playoff run, unlike your guy of course!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Yes Derwin breaking his foot is the only way that was going to happen. Oh well, at least when Derwin gets back he can contribute to a playoff run, unlike your guy of course!
                  Denver is lacking some serious depth right now and if it were up to me, I might release a guy like Ron Leary and roll Elijah Wilkenson, It’s looking more and more like Wilkenson will be playing more this season anyway. Perhaps I’d cut Jeff Heuerman as well since I believe there is an out in contract if he fails to meet certain contributions, which I’m pretty sure he’s going to do!

Save some money and look for some quality dependable second string guys in the Kayvon Webster, Keith Burns type mold. Aside from all that, Denver’s defense is going to be so good IMO that all we would need is for Joe Flacco to play well. He doesn’t have to play great but just well enough because if he’s playing well then the offense is playing well and our defense will handle the rest.

Not making any super bowl or playoff predictions but Denver will pose more of a competitive threat than you realize!
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-23-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jul 2013

You should get in on the sig, avatar, and user title bets we have going here. That is, if you have the guts to stand behind your predictions.
                    I have the guts to actually make a BOLD prediction, you wanna decorate my sig if I’m wrong then Deal 🤝.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

I have the guts to actually make a BOLD prediction, you wanna decorate my sig if I’m wrong then Deal 🤝.
                      He’ll end up wearing a different sig from each loss for maybe 3 months at a time from all these bets he’s making.

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

Denver is lacking some serious depth right now and if it were up to me, I might release a guy like Ron Leary and roll Elijah Wilkenson, It’s looking more and more like Wilkenson will be playing more this season anyway. Perhaps I’d cut Jeff Heuerman as well since I believe there is an out in contract if he fails to meet certain contributions, which I’m pretty sure he’s going to do!

Save some money and look for some quality dependable second string guys in the Kayvon Webster, Keith Burns type mold. Aside from all that, Denver’s defense is going to be so good IMO that all we would need is for Joe Flacco to play well. He doesn’t have to play great but just well enough because if he’s playing well then the offense is playing well and our defense will handle the rest.

Not making any super bowl or playoff predictions but Denver will pose more of a competitive threat than you realize!
                        If everything works out perfectly I can see Denver having a chance at a playoff birth.

That isn’t likely though, the offense will be lucky to be even Mediocre and that’s if the running game is potent, which isn’t guaranteed.

Just be happy you haven’t gotten hit with any key injuries yet. The chargers have but they are a deep team overall, except along the OL.

I know the broncos defense will be good, it’s the offense that will cost you games.

Comment

• baphamet
                          Family Trust Beer
                          • Nov 2006

He’ll end up wearing a different sig from each loss for maybe 3 months at a time from all these bets he’s making.
                          Keep talking dude, just gonna be that much more comical when you eat your words.

Comment

• bears6385
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Jul 2007

I’m happy to take on rivals fans and fellow fans.......Bring it ��!!!!!
                            Not seeing it, 6 or 7 wins.

Agree Vic is probably a better HC than your last one, but then again he has never been in total charge before. I think Vic is a great DC but like Wade before him may well fail as an HC.

Does not take much to be an upgrade over Keenum. Can Flacco still beat teams with his arm? He has been an average regular season QB for his whole career throwing double digit picks every year but 2018 when he lost his starting job to a rookie. What Flacco has to prove is that he can get his team back to the playoffs something he has not done since the 2014 season even with great defense to prop him up.

Running game could have a very god 1-2 punch in Lindsay and Freeman.

So with pretty much the same defense in place your Broncos are going to jump 12 spots in the standings this year? Not really seeing that either. Good, solid D, but not top 10.

Your O has a long way to go with an average QB at the helm, OL has to step it up from last year, as said running game should be good, young receivers have to carry more of the load this season.

In general Denver looks to be a third place team. In 2015 you had a great defense that carried the Broncos to a championship. In 2019 not so much, a good defense..... yes, great..... no.

See you in week two.
                            Last edited by bears6385; 08-23-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• baphamet
                              Family Trust Beer
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                              Not seeing it, 6 or 7 wins.

Agree Vic is probably a better HC than your last one, but then again he has never been in total charge before. I think Vic is a great DC but like Wade before him may well fail as an HC.

Does not take much to be an upgrade over Keenum. Can Flacco still beat teams with his arm? He has been an average regular season QB for his whole career throwing double digit picks every year but 2018 when he lost his starting job to a rookie. What Flacco has to prove is that he can get his team back to the playoffs something he has not done since the 2014 season even with great defense to prop him up.

Running game could have a very god 1-2 punch in Lindsay and Freeman.

So with pretty much the same defense in place your Broncos are going to jump 12 spots in the standings this year? Not really seeing that either. Good, solid D, but not top 10.

Your O has a long way to go with an average QB at the helm, OL has to step it up from last year, as said running game should be good, young receivers have to carry more of the load this season.

In general Denver looks to be a third place team. In 2015 you had a great defense that carried the Broncos to a championship. In 2019 not so much, a good defense..... yes, great..... no.

See you in week two.
                              I agree with your win total prediction but the broncos should have a top 10 defense, they did upgrade their secondary.

Other than that your take is very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X