Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    In the last game of the regular season the Vikings needed that game to get into the playoffs while the Bears playoff position was set. The Vikings with everything in their favor including home field advantage still lost the game as the Bears knocked them out of the playoffs. In tough situations the Bears under Nagy have been able to rise to the occasion on the road.
    Still not sure why the Bears allowed the Eagles into the playoffs. Minnesota would have wilted against the Bears in Chicago during the wild card round.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Still not sure why the Bears allowed the Eagles into the playoffs. Minnesota would have wilted against the Bears in Chicago during the wild card round.
    I love the fact that we did not tank the last game, even though we could have. Nagy said it best after the game "I want to win every game" it is the culture that he is building here in Chicago. I don't think Belichick would ever tank a divisional game, would he?

I love the fact that we did not tank the last game, even though we could have. Nagy said it best after the game "I want to win every game" it is the culture that he is building here in Chicago. I don't think Belichick would ever tank a divisional game, would he?
    Belichick would always take the easier path in the playoffs. He would have rested his starters at halftime and see how the game played out. He would certainly prefer to play the Vikings (a dome team) at home as opposed to the defending SB champs.

I do.....Bears DL much better with Hicks and Goldman, and two all pros in the secondary.
    Than Wolfe, Shelby Harris, & Gotsis, I disagree.
    I would also argue Eddie Jackson and Fuller had awesome seasons, but that had a lot to do with Vic and the addition of Mack.
    Chris Harris is already a All- Pro level player, Kareem Jackson, Justin Simmons, and Isaac Yiadom will all benefit from Vicís scheme that will have them watching the Qb, and Chubb and Von is a better outside pass rush than Mack and Floyd.

I liked the Bears last year but they were a surprise team, this year they will get everyoneís best.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I would also argue Eddie Jackson and Fuller had awesome seasons, but that had a lot to do with Vic and the addition of Mack.
    Chris Harris is already a All- Pro level player, Kareem Jackson, Justin Simmons, and Isaac Yiadom will all benefit from Vicís scheme that will have them watching the Qb, and Chubb and Von is a better outside pass rush than Mack and Floyd.

I liked the Bears last year but they were a surprise team, this year they will get everyoneís best.
    The current Bears D has proven they are very good, while the current Broncos D has not...you are speculating too much how they will fare under Fangio

The current Bears D has proven they are very good, while the current Broncos D has not...you are speculating too much how they will fare under Fangio
    Yeah your probably right, Vic Fangio wont be able to get anymore out of this group than Joe Woods and Vance Joseph lol!!!!

while your ignoring how much you will lose without Fangio and donatell

Chris Harris is already a All- Pro level player, Kareem Jackson, Justin Simmons, and Isaac Yiadom will all benefit from Vic’s scheme that will have them watching the Qb, and Chubb and Von is a better outside pass rush than Mack and Floyd.

I liked the Bears last year but they were a surprise team, this year they will get everyone’s best.
    You are never going to get me to diss Vic, I think he is a great DC, but by the same token so is Pagano. Last year the Bears had the best DVOA since..... Pagano's 2011 Raven team, so both DC's are damn good at their job. Though the terminology will be the same allowing the Bears D to play fast there will be differences in scheme that Vic will not know so the advantage you think might be there probably won't be.

I respect that you like your guys, and you have very good talent on D, just not as much talent as the Bears have.
    DL....You have no one as good as Hicks, 55 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 3 FF. Goldman 40 tackles, 3.0 sacks, Nichols/Robertson-Harris 50 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FF combined. Wolf, Gotsis, Harris don't even come close to those numbers.
    Secondary.....Fuller and Jackson both had outstanding 2017 seasons before Mack got there, and Pagano cut his teeth as a secondary coach, so no drop-off in that area.
    LB's....outside you are better with Chubb than we are with Floyd, Mack or Miller that is a push, inside there is no question who has the edge.
    Overall even with Miller/Chubb you can't match the front seven pressure the Bears can bring. You also have a statue at QB while the Bears have one of the most athletic and mobile QB's in the league, advantage Bears.

Our D did not surprise anyone in 2018. We had a top 10 D in 2017, and then added Mack to it. The O was expected to get better going from Fox to Nagy. We were an improving team that got better as the season went along. No surprise there.

Yeah your probably right, Vic Fangio wont be able to get anymore out of this group than Joe Woods and Vance Joseph lol!!!!
    I was told this EXACT same thing last year about the Broncos D, which by the way was ranked WORSE than NE's D last year...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 08-26-2019 at 03:47 PM.

I was told this EXACT same thing last year about the Broncos D, which by the way was ranked WORSE than NE's D last year...
    Like i said you donít respect OC Fangio as a Defensive coach, I do and see us improving.
    Hold on to what happen last year.

You are never going to get me to diss Vic, I think he is a great DC, but by the same token so is Pagano. Last year the Bears had the best DVOA since..... Pagano's 2011 Raven team, so both DC's are damn good at their job. Though the terminology will be the same allowing the Bears D to play fast there will be differences in scheme that Vic will not know so the advantage you think might be there probably won't be.

I respect that you like your guys, and you have very good talent on D, just not as much talent as the Bears have.
    DL....You have no one as good as Hicks, 55 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 3 FF. Goldman 40 tackles, 3.0 sacks, Nichols/Robertson-Harris 50 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FF combined. Wolf, Gotsis, Harris don't even come close to those numbers.
    Secondary.....Fuller and Jackson both had outstanding 2017 seasons before Mack got there, and Pagano cut his teeth as a secondary coach, so no drop-off in that area.
    LB's....outside you are better with Chubb than we are with Floyd, Mack or Miller that is a push, inside there is no question who has the edge.
    Overall even with Miller/Chubb you can't match the front seven pressure the Bears can bring. You also have a statue at QB while the Bears have one of the most athletic and mobile QB's in the league, advantage Bears.

Our D did not surprise anyone in 2018. We had a top 10 D in 2017, and then added Mack to it. The O was expected to get better going from Fox to Nagy. We were an improving team that got better as the season went along. No surprise there.
    Your team was 5-11 in 2017 so maybe itís just me but you guys winning the North was a surprise when you have Aaron Rodgers and the Vikings with Kirk Cousins in your division.

I guess will just have to see what the Broncos stats look like with Vic compared to the Bears with Pagano, Iím gonna bet Denver improves especially if we get any help from our offense.

Like i said you don’t respect OC Fangio as a Defensive coach, I do and see us improving.
    Hold on to what happen last year.
    Correct me of I'm wrong, but Fangio has never had amazing defenses up until last year. His defense also couldn't stop Joe Flacco in the Super Bowl...they got lit up pretty bad.

Correct me of I'm wrong, but Fangio has never had amazing defenses up until last year. His defense also couldn't stop Joe Flacco in the Super Bowl...they got lit up pretty bad.
    I remember Bill Bellichek not being able to stop Joe Flacco either that year.
    Bellichek allowed Flacco to score 28.
    Fangioís defense did allow 27 but only 6 pts in the second half ( Jacoby Jones had a 108 kick return for a TD).

Either way Vic is trending up, and I remember that Niners D disappearing when he left, and the Bears went from a d ranked in the 30ís to the top of the league.

Niners top 5 defense in the league in 2011-2014
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-26-2019 at 04:44 PM.

I - and all of you Iím sure - canít wait for regular season football. Weíve rolled the same subjects around so many times itís hard to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    I - and all of you Iím sure - canít wait for regular season football. Weíve rolled the same subjects around so many times itís hard to keep up.
    Very True:
    We need Week 1 already to start getting this all to play out already.