Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    No MLB, no punt returner, no backup QB.... This team doesnít feel ready to start the season .

Theyíre going to be checking the waiver wire hard, thatís usually not a good thing

Hm our backups are well...mediocre at best. We need to stay healthy and often. Hopefully we can pick up some talent let go by other teams because we need them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    So Brett Rypien is supposed to be our big secret we're trying to stash to the PS? I would rather have Sloter at this point. Rypien doesn't have it
    He hasnít had a lot of reps in camp and thatís a Motley Crue on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    He hasnít had a lot of reps in camp and thatís a Motley Crue on the field.
    He's also had a problem with accuracy and getting the ball out faster. Hoping he improves quickly because we need a backup QB badly

With 48 seconds left in the 4th, the Rams lead 10-6...We couldn't even score a touchdown, just two field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    With 48 seconds left in the 4th, the Rams lead 10-6...We couldn't even score a touchdown, just two field goals.
    Eh it was our backups. Our defensive depth looks better and we didn't give up as much on special teams.

He's also had a problem with accuracy and getting the ball out faster. Hoping he improves quickly because we need a backup QB badly
    Best case Lock is ready by the 3rd game. More realistic heíll be ready by the 4th or 5th game. Hogan/Rypien are just about guaranteed losses if they have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Hm our backups are well...mediocre at best. We need to stay healthy and often. Hopefully we can pick up some talent let go by other teams because we need them.
    The Rams backups were mediocre and their team made it to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Best case Lock is ready by the 3rd game. More realistic heíll be ready by the 4th or 5th game. Hogan/Rypien are just about guaranteed losses if they have to play.
    Agreed. I hope they don't IR Lock because we won't see him back until week 8 then.

Agreed. I hope they don't IR Lock because we won't see him back until week 8 then.
    Itís a tough predicament.

So Brett Rypien is supposed to be our big secret we're trying to stash to the PS? I would rather have Sloter at this point. Rypien doesn't have it
    Sloter...

The legend lives!

I have to say -- despite our offensive showing in the preseason, we really have seen VERY little of the first unit.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Perfect, than they'll be able to sneak him to the Practice Squad. Rypien will never see a rep this year. He'll either be an inactive third QB for most of the season or he'll be on the PS, he'll never be the backup. The only question is whether Lock will be ready to be the backup by week 1? If not we may see Osweiler part 3 for another short stretch.

I didn't watch a second of tonight's game, won't watch the highlights or anything else, frankly it's a waste of time. It would be nice to try and find individual performances, but too difficult to sit through bad preseason football.

My thoughts, based on stats and the first 3 games I saw:
    -If Lock isn't ready to go in week 1 the Broncos backup hasn't been signed yet.
    -The Broncos keep talking about returners and no one stepping up yet, which makes me think he week 1 returner hasn't been signed, or isn't not he roster yet.
    -I'm not as worried about ILB because Fangio is known for scheming so they don't have to cover man to man much.
    -I feel like the final 5 spots, plus waiver claims will be based on heavy input from Tom McMahon. He knows what he needs and what he's got and what he doesn't. I'm think some of the specials holes will be filled by guys on the roster who have yet to play any teams action (D. Watson, Simmons, Cravens) but I think they still need 1 or 2 more. If Cody Latimer were to be cut I'd try to sign him immediately.
    -The Broncos have a big hole at punter. Whether you kick it far or short, the biggest need is hang time, Wadman doesn't seem to get much of it. A 55 yard punt with 0 hang time will end up in a 15-20 yard return. A 40 yard punt with lots of hang time will result in a fair catch and a 40 yard net. Find a punter with lots of hang time.

If Winfree hadnít earned a spot before tonight, Iím guessing he did with the hit on punt coverage. Not to mention he likely hauls in a TD if Flacco out there.