• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribouRanch
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2005

Broncos @ Los Angeles Rams 2019 Preseason Week 4 Game Night Thread

Hi, Broncos fans! . Our Denver Broncos are in the City Of The Angels to play the winless, 0-2, and 2018 NFC Champions Los Angeles Rams. Broncos are playing the L.A. Rams for a preseason game in Southern California for the first time in 31 years, and are also playing an NFL game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Downtown L.A. for the first time in 25 years.

Kevin Hogan is starting at QB for the Broncos fourth preseason game, and Head Coach Vic Fangio stated that many of the starters will be on the sidelines. or play at a minimum in the first half, as the reserve and backup players will receive as much individual playing time during the course of tonight's game.

Those players continue to audition and earn roster spots and move up the Broncos depth chart to make the final 53-man regular season roster . Drafted and undrafted rookie players and signed veteran free agents, will continue their ongoing process on being evaluated by the Broncos and L.A. Rams coaching staffs from the Organized Team Activities (OTA's), in May and June, and training camp and the preseason games in July and August, in preparation for the upcoming 2019 NFL Regular Season in September.

Saturday Night's game is the 11th preseason meeting between the Broncos and the L.A. Rams, Denver currently own an 8-2 preseason record with the breakdown of games at 4-1 at home, 4-0 on the road, and 0-1 at a neutral site, with the L.A. Rams winning 28-27, and played at Wembley Stadium in the London, England, UK, area back in 1987.

Denver is playing the L.A. Rams in a preseason game in Southern California, since the Broncos 40-31 victory in both teams preseason opener, and played at Anaheim Stadium (Now the Angels Stadium Of Anaheim) back on August 7, 1988.

Broncos has not played a preseason game with the L.A. Rams at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum since 1979, before the franchise moved down Interstate 5 to Anaheim back in 1980.

Denver has not played the the L.A. Rams in a scheduled regular season game at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum in nearly 47 years, the last game back on November 12, 1972, where the Broncos prevailed 16-10.

L.A. Rams also leads the all-time regular season series over our Broncos with their 9-5 record, six of those games as the St. Louis Rams, in games played between 1997 through 2014.

L.A. Rams won the first-ever preseason game over Denver by the score of 26-13 back on August 23, 1980. However, Denver defeated the L.A. Rams in both teams most recent preseason game won by the Broncos 17-9 back on August 27, 2016. Both the first and recent games were played at Broncos Stadium at Mile High.

L.A Rams though won the most recent regular season meeting, defeating the Broncos 23-20 at Broncos Stadium At Mile High back on October 14, 2018.

Broncos last NFL game played at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum was their 23-13 regular season win over the Los Angeles Raiders by the score of 23-13 back on December 11, 1994, attended by 60.016 fans. Raiders moved back to Oakland the following 1995 season.

Steve Levy and former Broncos, NFL, and University Of Michigan QB Brian Griese, are announcing the live TV game commentary, simulcast locally on flagship station KTVD My Network TV Channel 20, and the six-state Denver Broncos Preseason Television Network, all stations seen live on HD.

Dave Logan and Rick Lewis are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer, and former Broncos offensive tackle Tyler Polumbus, simulcast on flagship stations KOA 850 AM and 94.1 FM, and the Denver Broncos Radio Network.

Sunny and clear skies at 77 degrees, feels like 80 degrees, is the local gamecast for the 7:05 PM Mountain Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 63% humidity, and
    west/southwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

Great luck to the backup and reserve players, to both the Broncos and l.A. Rams, as they perform on the L.A. Coliseum field trying to make the cut to the final 53-man regular season roster, and 10-man practice squad, from the current 90-man training camp rosters.

NO injuries, and GO BRONCOS!!!!!:

2019 Broncos @ Los Angeles Rams Live NFL Game Center And KOA Radio Audio Links:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Last edited by CaribouRanch; 08-24-2019, 11:09 AM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

I should be excited to watch my Broncos play regardless but man this game is just set up to be a bore fest

​​​​

Comment

• samparnell
      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
      • Nov 2007

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
        team preacher
        • Mar 2008

I hope Rypien flashes something tonight.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
          team preacher
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          I should be excited to watch my Broncos play regardless but man this game is just set up to be a bore fest
          There are some backups on the defensive line I’d really to watch for an extended period of time .
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• orange crush75
            Captain
            • Feb 2006

What ?? Theres a game tonight 😉

Comment

• atwaterandstir
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2012

Hopefully a returner starts to separate from the pack tonight... so far it's been a pretty underwhelming group.

Jake Butt is playing tonight, I will be anxious to see if they give him a few chances.

Comment

• Canmore
                Do. Do not...No Try!
                • May 2007

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                Hopefully a returner starts to separate from the pack tonight... so far it's been a pretty underwhelming group.

Jake Butt is playing tonight, I will be anxious to see if they give him a few chances.
                That goes for all Special Teams...underwhelming.
                sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• broncoslover115
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                  That goes for all Special Teams...underwhelming.
                  You mean our Special Teams aren’t special? Shocker! lol
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Canmore
                    Do. Do not...No Try!
                    • May 2007

The're really 'special'.
                    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• 58Miller
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jul 2013

Looking for:
                      - somebody on the Oline show something
                      - somebody step up as a punt returner
                      - inside linebackers Hollins & AJ Johnson make improvement and this team
                      - Walker, Winn or Purcell win the final DL spot

Yeah gonna be a snoozer 😪
                      sigpic

Comment

• MarkB
                        All-Time Great
                        • Nov 2011

Go Broncos!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Looking for:
                          - somebody on the Oline show something
                          - somebody step up as a punt returner
                          - inside linebackers Hollins & AJ Johnson make improvement and this team
                          - Walker, Winn or Purcell win the final DL spot

Yeah gonna be a snoozer 😪
                          I think Billy Winn is on IR.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• BayArea Bronco
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jan 2016

I feel for the people who bought tickets expecting to see starters for the half. I would be so bummed. People are already not going to the games and after this preseason I think the righting is on the wall. Bye bye preseason as we know it.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                              Captain
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I hope Rypien flashes something tonight.
                              I hope so too. So far the Broncos have not managed the backup QB position well.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X