Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think they give Brisset more time than that but ya never know.
    not to mention Chad Kellys not better than Brissett
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Elway needs to start planting seeds now that 2023 isn't far away, and Luck could go the Manning route if he's ready by then.
    Uh Elway probably wonít have an offensive line any better than Indyís, even by then lol

The false narrative being thrown out there is that the Colts ruined Andrew Luck and did him a disservice with an offensive line that supposedly ended his career. That's not true at all. Andrew Luck ruined himself with his style of play. Luck is built like a linebacker and always enjoyed playing as the tough guy scrambling and inviting contact. In 2015, he suffered a torn abdominal muscle and lacerated kidney against the Broncos. His offensive line had nothing to do with that. On that play, Luck still had a pocket to dump the ball to Ahmad Bradshaw, but decided to scramble and meet Danny Trevathan head-to-head at full speed, without sliding. Luck ended up being crushed by Trevathan and Vance Walker algo got him during the collision.

A lot of QBs have to live with OL issues, OL play is a league-wide issue. Some get rid of the ball in the pocket, while Luck wanted to act tough and run like Tim Tebow sometimes without protecting himself. His 2018 offensive line was pretty good with 1st-round picks at LT, LG and C and a 2nd-round pick at RT. Luck only got sacked 18 times last season, but ran the ball 46 times. He had 332 carries in the NFL running like that. Running wild towards contact, holding the ball for too long. That's how Luck got crushed.

My guess is that, once he is fully healthy, relaxing for 1-2 years and has nothing else to do, he will want to play football again. He's too young.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The false narrative being thrown out there is that the Colts ruined Andrew Luck and did him a disservice with an offensive line that supposedly ended his career. That's not true at all. Andrew Luck ruined himself with his style of play. Luck is built like a linebacker and always enjoyed playing as the tough guy scrambling and inviting contact. In 2015, he suffered a torn abdominal muscle and lacerated kidney against the Broncos. His offensive line had nothing to do with that. On that play, Luck still had a pocket to dump the ball to Ahmad Bradshaw, but decided to scramble and meet Danny Trevathan head-to-head at full speed, without sliding. Luck ended up being crushed by Trevathan and Vance Walker algo got him during the collision.

A lot of QBs have to live with OL issues, OL play is a league-wide issue. Some get rid of the ball in the pocket, while Luck wanted to act tough and run like Tim Tebow sometimes without protecting himself. His 2018 offensive line was pretty good with 1st-round picks at LT, LG and C and a 2nd-round pick at RT. Luck only got sacked 18 times last season, but ran the ball 46 times. He had 332 carries in the NFL running like that. Running wild towards contact, holding the ball for too long. That's how Luck got crushed.

My guess is that, once he is fully healthy, relaxing for 1-2 years and has nothing else to do, he will want to play football again. He's too young.
    Suck For Luck II. Some sequels are better than the first.

Now if your theory of him wanting to come back does materialize, then imagine if the XFL is not only still around but slightly competitive at the last. Andrew Luck signing with them (for a monster contract) could start a domino effect. This is taking into account that the XFL is an actual football league.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Suck For Luck II. Some sequels are better than the first.

Now if your theory of him wanting to come back does materialize, then imagine if the XFL is not only still around but slightly competitive at the last. Andrew Luck signing with them (for a monster contract) could start a domino effect. This is taking into account that the XFL is an actual football league.
    I believe that a healed and refreshed Luck would be interested in returning to the Colts with that roster and one of the best GMs in the game. However, they will probably have a new QB in place by the time Luck might be ready for a comeback [the 2020 class seems to be ideal for them, especially if they can ride Jacoby Brissett into a high 1st-round pick]. Also, I don't know how's Luck's relationship with Irsay. Who ratted Luck to Adam Schefter if Luck still had not told anything to his teammates and planned to announce the decision today? Irsay probably did that and made Luck rush his retirement speech and get booed at the stadium.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

He'll also be a young 31/32 years old, with 10's of millions in the bank, and his health.

He might prefer simply rolling in cash, than the rigor and grind (and injuries) of returning to the NFL.

He's a smart guy...he has many options. We'll see what he does.

For anyone to suggest the Colts didnít screw up by not giving Luck a better offensive line before 2018, is just ludicrous.

Yes, part of his problem was the way he played, but Ryan Grigson did him no favors when it came to the o-line.

If Luck didnít play the way he did, the Colts probably donít make the playoffs those first three years. So heís damned if he does and damned if he doesnít.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

So, Rob Gronkowski basically retired for the same reason.

The only difference is the timing.

The difference in timing is because Luck began the offseason with the intention of playing this season.

I wonder if the critics realize how wrong they were to criticize Luckíís decision.

Imagine Luck comes back ......... and becomes a frickin Bronco

Indy will just forever hate the Broncos after Elway, Manning ........... Luck

thats 3 superbowls
    Last edited by dizzolve; 08-28-2019 at 01:59 AM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Imagine Luck comes back ......... and becomes a frickin Bronco

Indy will just forever hate the Broncos after Elway, Manning ........... Luck

thats 3 superbowls
    Indy would never let that happen. They own the rights to Luck. That wasnít the case with Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Classless
    I don't think that it's classless. He waited until 10 days before the season started to do this. If he had done this in April or earlier, they could have drafted his replacement. Now they have no one. Athletes are too fragile nowadays. If Elway, Marino, Montana, Manning, Favre, Staubach, Unitas, Young, etc. had pulled this, they'd have been run out of town. Elway went to 3 SBs with less talent, took more physical abuse, and yet he still was almost traded (if Reeves had had his way.)

BTW my issue with IND's management has been D, not offense

Also if TENN doesn't take this division by multiple games, then this division is really a joke and pathetic
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 08-28-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I don't think that it's classless. He waited until 10 days before the season started to do this. If he had done this in April or earlier, they could have drafted his replacement. Now they have no one. Athletes are too fragile nowadays. If Elway, Marino, Montana, Manning, Favre, Staubach, Unitas, Young, etc. had pulled this, they'd have been run out of town. Elway went to 3 SBs with less talent, took more physical abuse, and yet he still was almost traded (if Reeves had had his way.)

Also if TENN doesn't take this division by multiple games, then this division is really a joke and pathetic
    Luck entered the offseason with the intention of playing.

Why would he have retired before deciding he needed to retire or even entertained the idea?

It was absolutely classless of the fans to boo him.

Is that you, Doug, or is it a Gottlieb clone?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Luck entered the offseason with the intention of playing.

Why would he have retired before deciding he needed to retire or even entertained the idea?

It was absolutely classless of the fans to boo him.
    Good post.

Andrew Luck had planned to make his announcement the next day, but Jim Irsay probably leaked it to Adam Schefter, who promptly tweeted it, so that Andrew would be booed that night. There's plenty of classlessness to go around.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-28-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Montana, Manning, Favre, and Unitas finished on different teams then who they became famous with. And, when all the Qb's you mentioned didn't perform up to standards, they were questioned and some were almost run out of town and even booed. Luck isn't anymore fragile than those guys IMHO. Maybe these newer athletes with infinitely more money than those of yesteryear see the benefit of being able to wake up and go to sleep as painlessly as possible as a good thing. I don't doubt this will happen again. I do believe it's classless to come down on a guy for giving up what he loves because he doesn't love it anymore.