Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    His dad Oliver is the commissioner of the XFL. Maybe he will get a cushy office job with the XFL?
    Wow key piece of info here however he better hope the xfl pans out

What a shame. I thought he was rebounding, and the team was a real contender. Can't imagine how difficult this must be for Indy fans.

Some guys don't like the grind of the NFL ........ and when you've made as much as Luck ....... I'm not so sure if I was constantly injured I wouldn't think the same way
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I don't think he's completely done. He talked about becoming discouraged with football after being in a constant cycle of rehab every year. I think he sits out for a year or two, gets fully healthy, gets his mind right and returns to football.

This controversial startling shocking etc etc retirement from the NFL is going to likely have a BIG influence on the future of the NFL. On the same night we see 2 teams go at it in PRESEASON game 3 and don't play ANY starters .......... and see devastating injuries across the league during the preseason, ....... and also seeing the coaches recently stating they MUCH prefer the coordinated practices scrimmage style preseason prep to preseason exhibition games ..........

Maybe it only takes till next season to affect big changes in this preseason methodology

I hate to admit this but ........ it goes to show what kind of player Tom Brady is
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I guess that makes Chad Kelly the #2 QB in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Adam is normally right, I'm not sure but if this is true, You think Jim Irsay will wave his "non-superbowl" rings with Luck at Manning again.

Feel bad for the Guy, Colts were a dumbster fire for the first few year of his career, and just when they are on the up...... He retires.
    The Colts were not a dumpster fire early in his career.

They made the playoffs his first three years and got to an AFCCG.

They made the playoffs whenever he played 16 games.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

SMH at the people who think the same thing would have happened if he played in Denver or anywhere else.

Ryan Grigson owes Luck an apology for not getting an offensive line.

We have no idea how things would have unfolded if Luck played for a different team.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Colts fans booed him as he jogged off the field. Wow.
    Classless

Que Chad Kelly starting by week 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Elway needs to start planting seeds now that 2023 isn't far away, and Luck could go the Manning route if he's ready by then.
    Hes done ith football for now, so let him be done
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Surprising timing to say the least. But if the man is done, he is done. Respect what he did on the field but I can understand the fatigue of constantly being injured and rehabbing. I wish him well.

On a selfish note, one less team to contend with for a wild card spot. I’ll focus on the small victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think he's completely done. He talked about becoming discouraged with football after being in a constant cycle of rehab every year. I think he sits out for a year or two, gets fully healthy, gets his mind right and returns to football.
    Who’s to say his mind wasn’t right? Fans see it through a different lens. Returning to football doesn’t mean his mind becomes “right” again.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Que Chad Kelly starting by week 4.
    I think they give Brisset more time than that but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think they give Brisset more time than that but ya never know.
    I think you’re right.