Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Denver is very lucky that Flacco fell into their laps. This move was more of a head coach saving his job by throwing his Superbowl MVP winning quarterback under the bus, than it was about Lamar Jackson.
    For those who are not convinced that Flacco is the real deal, come back after the Oakland game and talk to me.
    I am not sold on Lamar, At this point I prefer Flacco over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Doesn't the QB deserve blame for that? Esievislly when the WRs perform better with other QBs? Wallace had 3 straight 1000 yard tears before he went to Baltimore and killed his career.

Also Flacco had a top 10 OL pretty much his entire time there and a top 10 rushing offense every other year.
    You may want to double check those stats on Mike Wallace.... My research shows otherwise.. Wallace didn't have a 1,000 yard season for 4 years before coming to Baltimore. In fact he had one his first year with Flacco...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...W/WallMi00.htm

I think Joe is going to Pro Bowl this year and I think he throws for 3500-4000 Yards. In Joe I Trust ! Go Denver Broncos !

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I am not sold on Lamar, At this point I prefer Flacco over him.
    Harbaugh did throw Joe under the bus to save his job. The Ravens NEVER supported Joe in the way they are supporting Lamar by building the team around him. Lamar (albeit a nice kid) is as dumb as a rock. His Wonderlic score was 13 when the average for an NFL quarterback is 24. Joe Flacco's Wonderlic score is 27. PS Tom Brady's score is 33. The Ravens will have success in the first two games (against Miami and Arizona) - but things are going to come crashing to a halt in very short order as they begin to play real teams,

Harbaugh does have an ace up his sleeve however. The Ravens kept Penn State QB Trace McSorley (who they drafted in the 6th round) on their 53. McSorley has a Wonderlic score of 31. McSorley has both talent and intelligence - and could (I stress COULD) ultimately be Harbaugh's get out of jail free card.

Quote Originally Posted by paraven View Post
    You may want to double check those stats on Mike Wallace.... My research shows otherwise.. Wallace didn't have a 1,000 yard season for 4 years before coming to Baltimore. In fact he had one his first year with Flacco...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...W/WallMi00.htm
    You are correct. In his second and third seasons in the league (2010 & 2011), Mike Wallace had more than 1000 receiving yards while playing for the Steelers. For the next four seasons (in Pittsburgh, Miami and Minnesota) he had less than 1000 receiving yards each year. His first year in Baltimore (2016) he caught 72 passes from Joe Flacco for 1017 yards.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Doesn't the QB deserve blame for that? Esievislly when the WRs perform better with other QBs? Wallace had 3 straight 1000 yard tears before he went to Baltimore and killed his career.That's a pretty distorted reporting of Wallace's career.
    Wallace had FOUR straight < 1000 yard seasons before joining the Ravens. The season before joining the Ravens, he had 473 yards in 16 games playing for the Vikings. Then he got over 1000 yards from Flacco because he was the only decent WR the Ravens had. Flacco didn't kill his career, he revived it.
    Last edited by Gatorman82; 09-05-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Also Flacco had a top 10 OL pretty much his entire time there and a top 10 rushing offense every other year.
    This is also not true. His two worst seasons (2013 and 2017), he was running for his life because the o-line was so bad. In 2013 he was sacked 48 times. In 2017, he was only sacked 27 times because he learned the hard way that he had to get rid of the ball quickly. He had a 64% completion percentage, but it was because his passes were typically 5 yards or less. I watched every game, and the offense was pathetic. Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, and Chris Moore were the Ravens' best receivers. Mike Wallace led receivers with 748 yards. Maclin had 440. Neither Wallace or Maclin has caught a ball in the NFL since they were released from the Ravens. I felt sorry for Joe.
    Last edited by Peanut; 09-05-2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: I did not edit anything. Glitch?

Flacco is a good QB. Not a great QB. If the Broncos o-line can give him time to throw, he'll play well. He has the best WRs he's ever had this year in Denver. I'm just worried about pass protection.