Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think they will stand pat with their QBs
    The Niners needed all their QBs last year. That experience is still fresh in their memory.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    We would be lucky to get a 5th for Flacco. That was the highest offer until we sent Baltimore a 4th. Flacco's value is not high.
    His value to EVERY team is not high. Before Luck retired, his value to Indy was nothing. But his value to a potential contender in the AFC who just lost their franchise QB? You're crazy if you don't think he has value. 1) He's proven in the preseason he can still play. 2) He's much better than Brissett or Kelly at this point. 3) He's proven he can go to New England and win, if not compete, better than Luck ever did and better than most other QB's in the AFC.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    Wow. The ultimate "tank for draft position" attitude. Give up the season before playing one snap. Why stop there? I say we lose every game for the next ten years. If we give up a decade, we should get some really good draft picks and be unstoppable in year eleven.
    The fact that you think this is a "tank mode" move means you have no faith in Lock based off what you've seen. That only confirms that getting Tua or Herbert (preferably Herbert) might be exactly what we need next year. And if we don't need that because Lock has proven he can play, then we have massive draft capital to go after whatever we want the most (hopefully a replacement LT or an inside linebacker beast).
    Why is it so difficult for some of the posters on here to just disagree with an opinion without going nuclear? Your sarcasm is cute, but even really dumb people can be sarcastic. Why not try a counter-argument?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It would surprise me if Denver trades Joe Flacco, or if Andrew Luck returns to pro football.

If Drew Lock wasn't hurt, I'd expect Denver to keep him as Flacco's backup this season. Neither Kevin Hogan nor Brett Rypien seem as effective as Lock, and don't look like viable possibilities if Flacco needs to leave the game.

I expect Denver to attempt to acquire a better backup QB in the next two weeks. Denver currently has eight picks in the 2020 Draft including two in the third round. When supplemental picks are calculated, they may pick up as many as three more draft choices next year.
    Don't we have 2 second round picks? We got one from Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    His value to EVERY team is not high. Before Luck retired, his value to Indy was nothing. But his value to a potential contender in the AFC who just lost their franchise QB? You're crazy if you don't think he has value. 1) He's proven in the preseason he can still play. 2) He's much better than Brissett or Kelly at this point. 3) He's proven he can go to New England and win, if not compete, better than Luck ever did and better than most other QB's in the AFC.
    1) has he though? He had 4 total series and scored 6 points. 10/15 for 68 yards, being largely unwilling/unable to connect on much beyond 10 yards- just like the last few years. He really has looked exactly like I expected: able to hit some short slants and screens, but missing most of the longer or more difficult throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    1) has he though? He had 4 total series and scored 6 points. 10/15 for 68 yards, being largely unwilling/unable to connect on much beyond 10 yards- just like the last few years. He really has looked exactly like I expected: able to hit some short slants and screens, but missing most of the longer or more difficult throws.
    If you're going to count some of Locks close misses as completions, I think it's only fair to count Flacco's long pass to Sanders that was negated by a hold as well.

Is he much better than Brissett at this point? Brissett had nearly 3100 yards, 13 TDs (17 total) and 7 INTs starting for the Colts. Flacco has 3141 yards, 18 TDs (19 total) and 13 INTs while being sacked 25 times less. Brissett was still learning the playbook as he was acquired right before the first game so he did all of that without a grasp on the playbook and lacking chemistry with his WRs. Brissett is still young and has room to grow, Flacco is pretty much who he is at this point.

I donít hate Flacco or think heís going to be bad for us, I just donít agree that heís a better option for the Colts right now.

I think Pitt gave Denver their first (#20) and second (#52) round picks in 2019 and their third round pick in 2020 for Denver's #10 pick in 2019. Sound right?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...burgh-steelers

they traded us 20 and 52 with a third in 2020. multiple publications have reported this.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Since we're just spitballing here waiting for the season, let's go down that rabbit hole. I took off my orange sunglasses & with our schedule, we will be lucky to win 5 games. And is Joe really our future? Or Drew Lock next year?? How about this - play Joe in this weeks preseason game with the excuse that "we need to get him ready for week 1" He lights it up and either Indy or someone like Tampa offers us a high draft pick. Heck, toss in Chris Harris as for sure we aren't going to pay him next year. So we suck for next years draft whether for a QB or other stud and btw get Sloter somehow someway from the Vikes. All he does every time he gets on the field is look like a starter. Know who is the #1 QB in this years preseason - Yup Kyle Sloter!

I get sick everytime I think we just tossed him away...
    [

It will be interesting to see who the Broncos pick up after all the cuts are made.

Oh, this is an easy one. We should sign Brock...... and we should hurry as the Colts are kicking his tires.

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Since we're just spitballing here waiting for the season, let's go down that rabbit hole. I took off my orange sunglasses & with our schedule, we will be lucky to win 5 games. And is Joe really our future? Or Drew Lock next year?? How about this - play Joe in this weeks preseason game with the excuse that "we need to get him ready for week 1" He lights it up and either Indy or someone like Tampa offers us a high draft pick. Heck, toss in Chris Harris as for sure we aren't going to pay him next year. So we suck for next years draft whether for a QB or other stud and btw get Sloter somehow someway from the Vikes. All he does every time he gets on the field is look like a starter. Know who is the #1 QB in this years preseason - Yup Kyle Sloter!
    the same kyle sloter who is way down at 23rd?...where you getting #1 at?

for the life of me I cannot fathom how such a great qb...the future of the league it seems

is still relegated to highlight reels in the late 3rd and 4th qrts of preseason games

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    the same kyle sloter who is way down at 23rd?...where you getting #1 at?

for the life of me I cannot fathom how such a great qb...the future of the league it seems

is still relegated to highlight reels in the late 3rd and 4th qrts of preseason games
    Players are overlooked for various reasons. There was an undrafted player who tried out for the Packers in 1994. Mike Holmgren, Steve Mariucci and Andy Reid decided to release him.

In 1997 he signed a futures contract with a team. In 1998, he was allocated to NFL Europe to play for a team where he would lead the league in touchdowns and passing yards. His backup at the time was future Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme. This player returned to the United States and spent the 1998 season as a third-string quarterback behind Tony Banks and Steve Bono. He ended his season completing only 4 of 11 pass attempts for 39 yards and a 47.2 QB rating.

Prior to the 1999 free-agency period, a team chose him to be one of five unprotected players in the 1999 NFL Expansion Draft. He went unselected by the Cleveland Browns, who chose none of that teamís unprotected free agents and whose only quarterback selection was Scott Milanovich.

The team let the starter leave in free agency and signed another player to be the starter. Another player was traded to the Ravens, and the player now found himself second on the depth chart. After the starter tore his ACL in a preseason game, the head coach named this player as the starter. In an emotional press conference, coach Dick Vermeil ó who hadn't seen the player work with the first-string offense ó said, "We will rally around Kurt Warner, and we'll play good football."

Now, Iím not saying Kyle Sloter is the next Kurt Warner. However, players are overlooked - including players with immense talent and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    He probably thought it was a light saber.
    So it was a Dyson then...that cyclonic action is outta this world.....