Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I get sick everytime I think we just tossed him away...
    He was not tossed away unless I misunderstand what you mean by that. He cleared waivers and was given a good offer by the Broncos to sign to the PS. Minnesota came in and made him a great offer that he chose to accept.

Nobody was tossed.

As for Flacco... with the current QB drama now gripping the league and Lock likely heading to the IR, there is not chance in H. E. double hockey sticks we trade Flacco. It would be such a bad faith trade to start but I don't suspect he'd be worth as much as the OP assumes. Then there is the fact we need a backup QB as it is. I can't imagine double-dipping the dregs of FA for a starting and backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Players are overlooked for various reasons. There was an undrafted player who tried out for the Packers in 1994. Mike Holmgren, Steve Mariucci and Andy Reid decided to release him.

In 1997 he signed a futures contract with a team. In 1998, he was allocated to NFL Europe to play for a team where he would lead the league in touchdowns and passing yards. His backup at the time was future Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme. This player returned to the United States and spent the 1998 season as a third-string quarterback behind Tony Banks and Steve Bono. He ended his season completing only 4 of 11 pass attempts for 39 yards and a 47.2 QB rating.

Prior to the 1999 free-agency period, a team chose him to be one of five unprotected players in the 1999 NFL Expansion Draft. He went unselected by the Cleveland Browns, who chose none of that team’s unprotected free agents and whose only quarterback selection was Scott Milanovich.

The team let the starter leave in free agency and signed another player to be the starter. Another player was traded to the Ravens, and the player now found himself second on the depth chart. After the starter tore his ACL in a preseason game, the head coach named this player as the starter. In an emotional press conference, coach Dick Vermeil — who hadn't seen the player work with the first-string offense — said, "We will rally around Kurt Warner, and we'll play good football."

Now, I’m not saying Kyle Sloter is the next Kurt Warner. However, players are overlooked - including players with immense talent and potential.
    And for every Kurt Warner there is a 100 Kyle Sloters

Thread cleaned.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    1) has he though? He had 4 total series and scored 6 points. 10/15 for 68 yards, being largely unwilling/unable to connect on much beyond 10 yards- just like the last few years. He really has looked exactly like I expected: able to hit some short slants and screens, but missing most of the longer or more difficult throws.
    I'm frustrated by the point totals too, but he's moved the ball, moved the chains, and made some pretty nice throws. He did have a great completion to Sanders which was nullified by a penalty, as JW7 pointed out. I just think he's shown a nice pocket presence, good feel for the rush, and focus down field. Maybe he's not top 10 (He's not), but it's as good as he's played in a while.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    We have a brutal schedule, and are in a division with the scariest quarterback since......ever. Trade Flacco, let Hogan do what he can, and if necessary or possible, get Lock some reps and valuable game experience.
    An honest fan will acknowledge the colts have a better roster. They definitely have a better line, and their defense is actually rounding into shape. They aren't going to want to flush this season and hope they get a shot at drafting the next "guy" and waiting another 2 to 3 years for a chance at a ring.
    Our increased draft position (closer to 1) and our extra capital will make it reasonable, if not easy, to get wherever we need to be if getting Tua or the Oregon kid becomes a need/priority.

Just a thought.
    Seriously????? You are serious in that we trade our starting QB a week before the regular season starts?????
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Seriously????? You are serious in that we trade our starting QB a week before the regular season starts?????
    While I agree Flacco is not tradable, I believe it would be due to lack of interest. Do you think he is irreplacable?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    And for every Kurt Warner there is a 100 Kyle Sloters
    The Broncos obviously shouldn’t trade Flacco. As far as overlooked players there are quite a few. Quarterbacks such as Tom Brady drafted no. 199, Russell Wilson (75), Brad Johnson (227), Kurt Warner (undrafted), Mark Rypien (175), Jeff Hostetler (59), Joe Montana (72), Joe Theismann (79), Roger Staubach (179), Ken Stabler (52), Johnny Unitas (102) and Bart Starr (200). Staubach’s position was due to the Navy and Starr was injured most of his last two seasons in college. All of these quarterbacks went on to win Super Bowls and some inducted to the Hall of Fame. They were overlooked to some degree based on where they were drafted. Talented players are overlooked.

Ludi incipiant.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Ludi incipiant.
    I hope you mean the actual games, because I'm ready for actual games, played on a football field, rather than a virtual one.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thread cleaned.
    Again.

Let's keep the personal out, please. I would hate to use IPs to get your attention.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I hope you mean the actual games, because I'm ready for actual games, played on a football field, rather than a virtual one.
    Real football played on a real football field by real football players using a real football is the only kind that interests me. That is all.

Sure, if we get the rights to luck in case he comes back

Yes...get Lock reps early and often!
    Benevolent dictator of Trade Down Island!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    While I agree Flacco is not tradable, I believe it would be due to lack of interest. Do you think he is irreplacable?
    No, of course not. But seriously, who is available that is better? And please, think about it ( and I know you have), who is available that is good enough to come in and learn the offense a week before opening day of regular season.....
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 08-31-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

It is time to support the roster decisions, and cheer for the Broncos!!!!!!