Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,250

    Broncos cut Dekota Watson and Zach Kerr

    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    I haven't watched much of the preseason but both have to be considered a surprise, no?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In His Grace
    Posts
    1,644
    Very disappointing. We could have drafted Mack Wilson with that pick we trade for Watson. Wilson, from what I have heard is killing it for the Browns.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,290
    Surprised they cut Watson. I thought he was playing as expected. Looks like maybe they like what they see in DeShawn Williams as a backup at NT? Watson cut saves 1.5M in cap Kerr would be ~1.4M savings.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,250
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Surprised they cut Watson. I thought he was playing as expected. Looks like maybe they like what they see in DeShawn Williams as a backup at NT? Watson cut saves 1.5M in cap Kerr would be ~1.4M savings.
    Watson looked good at times but not great, I think they thought he was not fast enough to play the edge anymore. Plus they are looking for areas where they can save money.

    Mike Purcel has greatly impressed at the nose tackle position and so they want to keep him along with Malik Reed and Justin Hollins and I hope Justin Hollins gets to play more edge than being forced to play inside linebacker.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,941
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Very disappointing. We could have drafted Mack Wilson with that pick we trade for Watson. Wilson, from what I have heard is killing it for the Browns.
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda; hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-26-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,941
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Surprised they cut Watson. I thought he was playing as expected. Looks like maybe they like what they see in DeShawn Williams as a backup at NT? Watson cut saves 1.5M in cap Kerr would be ~1.4M savings.
    Mike Purcell, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Very disappointing. We could have drafted Mack Wilson with that pick we trade for Watson. Wilson, from what I have heard is killing it for the Browns.
    Still can't believe he was there in the 5th round.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Watson looked good at times but not great, I think they thought he was not fast enough to play the edge anymore. Plus they are looking for areas where they can save money.

    Mike Purcel has greatly impressed at the nose tackle position and so they want to keep him along with Malik Reed and Justin Hollins and I hope Justin Hollins gets to play more edge than being forced to play inside linebacker.
    I think Watson is more of a surprise because he’s been a career special teams guy and we’ve looked pretty bad covering kicks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,250
    Depending on how well Elijah Wilkinson play in this final preseason game Thursday night, we just may see Ron Leary get the ax as well.

    Barclays just stinks so it won’t be him but Wilkenson will be the RG for the majority of the season.

    Yeah cutting Leary, they’ll take a loss but I think they’ll save more money against the cap this season because nobody sees Leary playing more than six or seven games this year with the injury history.

    Cut Leary and Heuerman perhaps and maybe there could be a way to trade for Trent Williams if Bolles continues to fail. Just saying!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,268
    It was very cool them making the move now so these guys have more time to catch on elsewhere
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Depending on how well Elijah Wilkinson play in this final preseason game Thursday night, we just may see Ron Leary get the ax as well.

    Barclays just stinks so it won’t be him but Wilkenson will be the RG for the majority of the season.

    Yeah cutting Leary, they’ll take a loss but I think they’ll save more money against the cap this season because nobody sees Leary playing more than six or seven games this year with the injury history.

    Cut Leary and Heuerman perhaps and maybe there could be a way to trade for Trent Williams if Bolles continues to fail. Just saying!
    Cutting Leary and Heuerman is only a savings of ~3.3 after dead money, still not enough to get Trent. And one of Trent's problems is more money.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda; hinsight is 20/20.
    Sam,,,,,
    I think its,
    Woulda,
    Shoulda,
    Coulda!!!

    😁

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Mike Purcell, too.
    Yes, he is actually more built to play NT than Williams but they do have him as a DE on the "depth chart"; maybe they will move him to backup NT? Purcell did play decent on Saturday.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,250
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Cutting Leary and Heuerman is only a savings of ~3.3 after dead money, still not enough to get Trent. And one of Trent's problems is more money.
    Factor in the money saved from
    Kerr and Watson as well but I know they weren’t making a ton but in today’s NFL you can tweak the cap quote a bit.

    But I think Denver will soon be trading for one of San Francisco’s back up quarterbacks.
    I heard a rumor not too long ago but there is no link since it was all word-of-mouth.

    Anyway it could be that Money is being accumulated for that plus better special teams players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •