Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos cut Dekota Watson and Zach Kerr

Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

I haven't watched much of the preseason but both have to be considered a surprise, no?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Very disappointing. We could have drafted Mack Wilson with that pick we trade for Watson. Wilson, from what I have heard is killing it for the Browns.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Surprised they cut Watson. I thought he was playing as expected. Looks like maybe they like what they see in DeShawn Williams as a backup at NT? Watson cut saves 1.5M in cap Kerr would be ~1.4M savings.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Surprised they cut Watson. I thought he was playing as expected. Looks like maybe they like what they see in DeShawn Williams as a backup at NT? Watson cut saves 1.5M in cap Kerr would be ~1.4M savings.
    Watson looked good at times but not great, I think they thought he was not fast enough to play the edge anymore. Plus they are looking for areas where they can save money.

Mike Purcel has greatly impressed at the nose tackle position and so they want to keep him along with Malik Reed and Justin Hollins and I hope Justin Hollins gets to play more edge than being forced to play inside linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Very disappointing. We could have drafted Mack Wilson with that pick we trade for Watson. Wilson, from what I have heard is killing it for the Browns.
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda; hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-26-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Mike Purcell, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Still can't believe he was there in the 5th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Watson looked good at times but not great, I think they thought he was not fast enough to play the edge anymore. Plus they are looking for areas where they can save money.

Mike Purcel has greatly impressed at the nose tackle position and so they want to keep him along with Malik Reed and Justin Hollins and I hope Justin Hollins gets to play more edge than being forced to play inside linebacker.
    I think Watson is more of a surprise because he’s been a career special teams guy and we’ve looked pretty bad covering kicks

Depending on how well Elijah Wilkinson play in this final preseason game Thursday night, we just may see Ron Leary get the ax as well.

Barclays just stinks so it won’t be him but Wilkenson will be the RG for the majority of the season.

Yeah cutting Leary, they’ll take a loss but I think they’ll save more money against the cap this season because nobody sees Leary playing more than six or seven games this year with the injury history.

Cut Leary and Heuerman perhaps and maybe there could be a way to trade for Trent Williams if Bolles continues to fail. Just saying!

It was very cool them making the move now so these guys have more time to catch on elsewhere
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Depending on how well Elijah Wilkinson play in this final preseason game Thursday night, we just may see Ron Leary get the ax as well.

Barclays just stinks so it won’t be him but Wilkenson will be the RG for the majority of the season.

Yeah cutting Leary, they’ll take a loss but I think they’ll save more money against the cap this season because nobody sees Leary playing more than six or seven games this year with the injury history.

Cut Leary and Heuerman perhaps and maybe there could be a way to trade for Trent Williams if Bolles continues to fail. Just saying!
    Cutting Leary and Heuerman is only a savings of ~3.3 after dead money, still not enough to get Trent. And one of Trent's problems is more money.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda; hinsight is 20/20.
    Sam,,,,,
    I think its,
    Woulda,
    Shoulda,
    Coulda!!!

😁

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Mike Purcell, too.
    Yes, he is actually more built to play NT than Williams but they do have him as a DE on the "depth chart"; maybe they will move him to backup NT? Purcell did play decent on Saturday.

Cutting Leary and Heuerman is only a savings of ~3.3 after dead money, still not enough to get Trent. And one of Trent's problems is more money.
    Factor in the money saved from
    Kerr and Watson as well but I know they weren’t making a ton but in today’s NFL you can tweak the cap quote a bit.

But I think Denver will soon be trading for one of San Francisco’s back up quarterbacks.
    I heard a rumor not too long ago but there is no link since it was all word-of-mouth.

Anyway it could be that Money is being accumulated for that plus better special teams players.