Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Factor in the money saved from
    Kerr and Watson as well but I know they weren’t making a ton but in today’s NFL you can tweak the cap quote a bit.

But I think Denver will soon be trading for one of San Francisco’s back up quarterbacks.
    I heard a rumor not too long ago but there is no link since it was all word-of-mouth.

Anyway it could be that Money is being accumulated for that plus better special teams players.
    It does look like they are accumulating some cap space to give them a chance to sign somebody?

Depending on how well Elijah Wilkinson play in this final preseason game Thursday night, we just may see Ron Leary get the ax as well.

Barclays just stinks so it won’t be him but Wilkenson will be the RG for the majority of the season.

Yeah cutting Leary, they’ll take a loss but I think they’ll save more money against the cap this season because nobody sees Leary playing more than six or seven games this year with the injury history.

Cut Leary and Heuerman perhaps and maybe there could be a way to trade for Trent Williams if Bolles continues to fail. Just saying!
    Releasing Ron Leary would incur a $7.1 million dead cap hit.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-26-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Ron Leary is probably a Bronco for this entire season. Just too expensive to cut. Plus if he finally gets on the field, he should be better than anyone else we have aside from Risner as a Guard.

Mike Purcell is probably the reason Kerr is being cut. He was the #1 interior Defensive lineman in the AAF, and can stop the run and rush the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Mike Purcell is probably the reason Kerr is being cut. He was the #1 interior Defensive lineman in the AAF, and can stop the run and rush the passer.
    Mike Purcell's pursuit to the sideline is impressive for a big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post

I look forward to watching him play this year.

Yeah they weren’t going to get that from
    Kerr!

Factor in the money saved from
    Kerr and Watson as well but I know they weren’t making a ton but in today’s NFL you can tweak the cap quote a bit.

But I think Denver will soon be trading for one of San Francisco’s back up quarterbacks.
    I heard a rumor not too long ago but there is no link since it was all word-of-mouth.

Anyway it could be that Money is being accumulated for that plus better special teams players.
    cutting leary this year makes no sense, we would only get 2.1 mill in cap but have a 7 mill dead money hit
    next year he could be cut and save 8.5 mil

id be more worried they cut Wolfe than Leary, cutting Wolfe saves 8.5 mill this year and you still have dre mont jones and walker

behind leary is a whole lotta nothing

but maybe they can restructure von putting some of the 25 mill owed into bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Sam,,,,,
    I think its,
    Woulda,
    Shoulda,
    Coulda!!!

😁
    I actually always said it:

Woulda,
    Coulda,
    Shoulda

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Shocked by the Zach Kerr move, he was really solid last season, and someone who I felt would of been valuable in an interior rotation. Maybe he just doesn't fit the mould of defensive tackle that Vic Fangio looks for, because he has value based on his history. On Watson, that move was a head scratcher in the first place, a 5th round pick for that guy was a horrible move from the beginning, don't know what the thinking was on that one, but I guess it panned out as you probably would of expected.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    cutting leary this year makes no sense, we would only get 2.1 mill in cap but have a 7 mill dead money hit
    next year he could be cut and save 8.5 mil

id be more worried they cut Wolfe than Leary, cutting Wolfe saves 8.5 mill this year and you still have dre mont jones and walker

behind leary is a whole lotta nothing

but maybe they can restructure von putting some of the 25 mill owed into bonus
    The question about Leary is will he be able to play at all this year? Practical consideration would mean entire consecutive games. If not, it makes no sense to have him on the active roster. The Training Room has an idea about his availability.

As it stands, Elijah Wilkinson will probably start at RG which is considerably more than nothing in view of the fact he started the last seven games in 2018 at RG.

Elway is trying to create cap space for some kind of move right now, and the $2 million he would get from releasing Leary would help.

The question about Leary is will he be able to play at all this year? Practical consideration would mean entire consecutive games. If not, it makes no sense to have him on the active roster. The Training Room has an idea about his availability.

As it stands, Elijah Wilkinson will probably start at RG which is considerably more than nothing in view of the fact he started the last seven games in 2018 at RG.

Elway is trying to create cap space for some kind of move right now, and the $2 million he would get from releasing Leary would help.

and where does it state anywhere that he wont be ready,?? I see reports in june that the doctors fully cleared him

me if we gonna pay someone regardless whether we cut him or not...at a position of little depth I don't see why we would cut him to save 2 mill

when you could try and convert some of vons 25 mill salary to signing bonus and clear more then 2 mill

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and where does it state anywhere that he wont be ready,?? I see reports in june that the doctors fully cleared him

me if we gonna pay someone regardless whether we cut him or not...at a position of little depth I don't see why we would cut him to save 2 mill

when you could try and convert some of vons 25 mill salary to signing bonus and clear more then 2 mill
    We'll find out pretty soon, probably within a couple of weeks. Reports from TC practice were that Leary didn't complete a full practice, and he hasn't played in preseason. Eli Wilkinson was being groomed as the Swing Tackle and played most of Saturday Night's game in LA at RG in preparation of his possible starting at that spot on 9 Sept.

I hope Ron Leary can start this season. It would be good for him to play since he is owed so much as per his contract. He couldn't pass a physical in March, so Denver couldn't release him. Recovering from Achilles is difficult for Linemen sometimes. If he can start, depth wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Shocked by the Zach Kerr move, he was really solid last season, and someone who I felt would of been valuable in an interior rotation. Maybe he just doesn't fit the mould of defensive tackle that Vic Fangio looks for, because he has value based on his history. On Watson, that move was a head scratcher in the first place, a 5th round pick for that guy was a horrible move from the beginning, don't know what the thinking was on that one, but I guess it panned out as you probably would of expected.
    Yeah, the Watson trade made no sense from the beginning, trade for a guy who will likely get cut, definitely odd. Maybe Elway was hoping if he scratched John Lynch’s back he’d trade us Beathard or Mullens lol

We'll find out pretty soon, probably within a couple of weeks. Reports from TC practice were that Leary didn't complete a full practice, and he hasn't played in preseason. Eli Wilkinson was being groomed as the Swing Tackle and played most of Saturday Night's game in LA at RG in preparation of his possible starting at that spot on 9 Sept.

I hope Ron Leary can start this season. It would be good for him to play since he is owed so much as per his contract. He couldn't pass a physical in March, so Denver couldn't release him. Recovering from Achilles is difficult for Linemen sometimes. If he can start, depth wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    ya the last report I can find was this:

Leary did not play in Monday's preseason contest against the 49ers despite being fully cleared by the team's medical staff earlier this summer, Troy Renck of TheDenverChannel.com reports.

and this https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ing-sore-knee/

Leary was held out of Monday's preseason game against the 49ers due to knee soreness, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
    Leary received medical clearance from his Achilles injury back in June, but he's been limited recently by the knee soreness. The 30-year-old has been ending practices early to receive treatment so it doesn't appear to be a serious issue, but the Broncos are likely to remain cautious with the regular season only a couple weeks away.