Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/st...932556811?s=17

Ryan O'Halloran

@ryanohalloran

Vic on if #Broncos RG Ron Leary (knee) is trending toward playing in Week 1 (two weeks from tonight):

"I think so. He’s been improving with some of this time off he’s been getting. I think he’ll be ready."

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/st...932556811?s=17

Ryan O'Halloran

@ryanohalloran

Vic on if #Broncos RG Ron Leary (knee) is trending toward playing in Week 1 (two weeks from tonight):

"I think so. He’s been improving with some of this time off he’s been getting. I think he’ll be ready."
    It would be great if he could start and play this year. Wilkinson could be Swing Tackle and maybe Schlottmann could provide inside depth. They might pick up an O-Lineman after cuts.

Good links!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    cutting leary this year makes no sense, we would only get 2.1 mill in cap but have a 7 mill dead money hit
    next year he could be cut and save 8.5 mil

id be more worried they cut Wolfe than Leary, cutting Wolfe saves 8.5 mill this year and you still have dre mont jones and walker

behind leary is a whole lotta nothing

but maybe they can restructure von putting some of the 25 mill owed into bonus
    After Luck retiring what is surprising? ...... but I see Wolfe as a piece of Von Miller. These 2 have developed a tandem of sorts over these years. Cutting Wolfe and you lose more than just Wolfe. Having said that- we all know Von is an anomaly so maybe you're right. I just thought it worth mentioning how Wolfe and Von work as a team over there

On topic though --- I'm really shocked by the cuts. But the team is desperate for a MLB or 3
    Last edited by dizzolve; 08-26-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yeah, the Watson trade made no sense from the beginning, trade for a guy who will likely get cut, definitely odd. Maybe Elway was hoping if he scratched John Lynchís back heíd trade us Beathard or Mullens lol
    Maybe letting Scangarello go was the quid pro quid pro quo.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda; hindsight is 20/20.
    Especially pegging a fifth round pick to us as an alternative. Very, very hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Especially pegging a fifth round pick to us as an alternative. Very, very hypothetical.
    Had they not traded the pick for Watson, we don't know if they would have drafted Mack Wilson with it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

If Denver wants an ILB or more O-line help, hereís a short list of available players-
    Ryan Schreader, John Sullivan, Mason Foster, Andy Levitre, Josh Bynes, Jeremy Pernell.

Unless thereís a trade coming but Iím not predicting one.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If Denver wants an ILB or more O-line help, hereís a short list of available players-
    Ryan Schreader, John Sullivan, Mason Foster, Andy Levitre, Josh Bynes, Jeremy Pernell.

Unless thereís a trade coming but Iím not predicting one.
    Fant better become a all pro TE because we could have used Devin Bush badly right about now. I starting to believe we may have made a big mistake trading with the Steelers and skipping on Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Fant better become a all pro TE because we could have used Devin Bush badly right about now. I starting to believe we may have made a big mistake trading with the Steelers and skipping on Bush.
    Bush didnt look very good this last week. Was getting washed out of the run almost every play

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Fant is going to be a great draft pick
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Fant is going to be a great draft pick
    Fant is going to be great if he stays healthy. Watson should get scooped by another team soon, he can play special teams and can at times pass rush. Kerr wasn't necessarily better than other backups but he looked pretty solid to me. Purcell played quite well against the Rams. Maybe that was enough to justify the Kerr cut,

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Fant is going to be great if he stays healthy. Watson should get scooped by another team soon, he can play special teams and can at times pass rush. Kerr wasn't necessarily better than other backups but he looked pretty solid to me. Purcell played quite well against the Rams. Maybe that was enough to justify the Kerr cut,
    Fant will be good in a year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Bush didnt look very good this last week. Was getting washed out of the run almost every play
    I only watched a few plays of the Steelers/Titans game, and that was mostly by the Steelers offense for Fantasy Recon purposes. What I did watch of the Steelers defense didn't look bad where Bush is concerned. On TEN's first run, they couldn't get to him in time on a stretch play, and he took Lewis down in the backfield. The other play I watched, Lewan just said screw it and ran straight to Bush so the RB could get the edge. I wouldn't call that bad, because it took an All Pro going out of his way to block him.

I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe he did struggle most of the time. Just reporting on what I did see. What I have seen of Bush so far has impressed me.

PIT's, or I guess you could call it LeBeau's scheme (I'm sure Sam will come along to elaborate), is very ILB dependent. They have to be able to do everything, and that's probably why they had a higher value on him than most teams would. I also get the idea of getting the most valuable weapon for our new OC, while also acquiring another pick. The one that I don't get is if Mack Wilson was never on our radar, and we wouldn't have taken him if Cleveland didn't. That's all speculation though. You have to think JE consulted Fangio about ILB this offseason, and that's why we didn't address it. We'll see how it goes.

We have to be patient with Fant though. Tight ends taken in the first round, especially after the top 15 rarely blow up until after a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    It was very cool them making the move now so these guys have more time to catch on elsewhere
    I agree - Fangio said as much in his presser. IMO - this move by the Broncos showed a lot of class as an organization. Just as I have said for years on these boards. IF we DONT play the best guys we have at their positions in PS and elevate them then the UDFA's we are able to pickup who are legit talents will simply go elsewhere. Look at Malik Reed and evem Muhammed (SP). These guys are legit NFL talents. They CHOSE to come to us. Now when borderline FA's or depth FA's have tow places to chose form the way we treat people will play into their decision making process.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It would be great if he could start and play this year. Wilkinson could be Swing Tackle and maybe Schlottmann could provide inside depth. They might pick up an O-Lineman after cuts.

Good links!
    The question will be do we want him playing? I mean so much of those comments are predicated on the fact that WHEN he returns he will be at top notch and in peak form. Given how long this has taken him and that he is ALWAYS hurt now it seems is it even worth it? Will he be better than Wilk? - my opinion is likely not. When you're coming back form being hurt THAT much and for THAT long there are usually issues. There will likely also be a decline in play. At this point we already know where Ron will be at. So is a 60% Ron better than a 100% Wilk? - Again I say no.