Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    After 3 ACL tears there's only so much expectation that can be given to him. I think the writing is on the wall. The team may not be playing him in preseason week 4 to avoid an injury that would keep him on the team. I don't think he's going to make the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/t...preseason-game

Sounds like Jake Butt may be done at least for the foreseeable future.
    Sandy Clough is projecting 3 weeks.

He also thinks cutting butt would be a good idea because almost nobody will pick him up therefore he may be available down the road this season if needed.

If cut, I think Belichick would pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sandy Clough is projecting 3 weeks.

He also thinks cutting butt would be a good idea because almost nobody will pick him up therefore he may be available down the road this season if needed.

If cut, I think Belichick would pick him up.
    Details of his medical situation aren't disclosed. ACL is usually a scope job. The biggest part of recovery is patient, disciplined rehab. When it starts getting tested, sometimes the knee swells. Don't know if that has happened. If it does it can be drained and injections can be administered. I'm sure that everything that can be done is being done. His status depends on medical prognosis based on images and physical exam.

There are several guys who may make the roster and then placed on IR: Drew Lock; Andy Janovich; Theo Riddick: and, possibly, Joe Jones and/or Todd Davis. That's a lot of guys. Jake Butt could be added to that list. It would be tricky moving that many guys from roster to IR. We'll see what happens pretty soon.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

There's apparently another procedure Butt is going to have to go through concerning his knee, making his timeline even more questionable

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    There's apparently another procedure Butt is going to have to go through concerning his knee, making his timeline even more questionable
    They might just go ahead and put him on season long IR now, so the process can begin right away. It will be a test of his patience and will power either way.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Butt only just started to practice. IMO - he really had no business playing a long as he did.
    He only played 11 snaps

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He only played 11 snaps
    right. 5-6 snaps in that game TOPS was enough. Especially after he had that hit. He should have been pulled.

If I understand correctly, Butt can't be cut because of injury. Maybe we should go get Gates and use him in the red zone. He has certainly been a catch all. Might be a good tutor for Fant as well.