• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Papa-pwn
    Captain
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Wait...did Bolles (or the O-Line) get markedly better? Same with the Kick/Punt returners?
    Bolles is not great, but he is a top 20 LT. Flacco is not a top 20 QB. Sure, the returners are less than desirable but in a pinch we'll just throw Lindsey or Sanders back there and they're better at that than Flacco at QB.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
      Captain
      • Aug 2008

This is an opinion and study based discussion piece from a 3rd party analysis company, not news nor a news source, and does not fit into this particular area of the forum. Why was it moved?

Comment

• L.M.
        Vitalstatistix
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        This is an opinion and study based discussion piece from a 3rd party analysis company, not news nor a news source, and does not fit into this particular area of the forum. Why was it moved?
        Probably because your OP is still just an article. "For all articles, blogs, TV reports, sports articles, and other Bronco related items in the press." I've posted same (from F.O.) in this section as well.
        Last edited by L.M.; 08-28-2019, 02:08 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• L.M.
          Vitalstatistix
          • Oct 2006

I mean, he is the weakest link on the team. This is more of an assessment of the entire team, and when their assessment is less than glowing it makes sense that a significant portion of their criticism is dedicated to the QB since said QB is a bottom 5 starter at the position.
          He may prove to be so, or he may not. The scientific mindset I prefer forms judgments and conclusions after the experiment, not before it.

In NFL history there are players who improved on a new team, in a new system, and there are those who got worse or did about the same. We just have to wait and see what happens with JF.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• underrated29
            Why did the fans get Dumb
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Wait...did Bolles (or the O-Line) get markedly better? Same with the Kick/Punt returners?

Bolles isn't that bad. So if you say did the oline get markedly better, yes. The answer is yes. Bolles is fine. Risner is a boss! James is a boss. That's a Markedly better OLine. Also, bolles while not amazing is not bad either. So its a definite yes.

The returners though,
            God theyre bad. Everything not named Mcmanus and the long snapper, is bad on ST. Just trash.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Canmore
              Do. Do not...No Try!
              • May 2007

I agree. I say 7 to 9 wins. The defense will respond quicker than they think to the coaching change.
              Yes, it should.

I'm in the 7 to 9 camp.

When pinned down, I'm a homer and say 9.

We still miss the playoffs.
              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                Football Immortal
                • Dec 2012

[QUOTE=beastlyskronk;5823392]There’s a myriad of reasons why you can’t judge a player solely on stats. I love stats and think they provide a big clue into how well a player plays, however it is not the be all end all.

Why is Flacco not completing these deeper passes? That’s the question that needs to be answered (by the coaches) and it can’t be answered by stats, well theoretically it could but that requires a lot of statistics, some that aren’t even being charted. Saying he struggled at passes over 15 yards is too vague to definitely state he’s bad at it. What coverage is the defense playing? Is it press of off coverage? How much separation was there between the target and the defender? Was there pressure or no? How close was the pressure if there was? Did Flacco step into the throw or did he not step into the throw? Is this a pass play that they’ve set up over the course of the game? Was the pass in a good spot for the WR? Did the WR drop it? Was there miscommunication and therefore the WR wasn’t close to the ball? Was it a good pass into a tight window where the WR just lost to the DB defending the pass? Is the WR good at catching contested passes or is that something he struggles with?... Quote)

Or was there a holding call?
                sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
                  All-Pro
                  • Apr 2008

Joe Flacco went from a 10-6 and 9-7 team over the last 2 years to a 5-11 and 6-10 team that is talentless by comparison. So, assuming that Flacco is going to fail as a Bronco isn't exactly going out on a limb,, and to me is a complete joke. There were 2 QBs available that were an upgrade to Keenum. Those were Foles and Flacco. Both Superbowl winning QBs who were Superbowl MVPs. I would have preferred Foles simply because of his age. Lock is very likely out of the picture for this season because he couldn't stand up to the rigors of a simple preseason game without getting hurt. And now he can't even get the experience he needs so desperately. And our two backups are a complete joke.

The question is, "Who would have been better for the Broncos than Flaccof?" It's easy and lazy to be critical, while it is infinitely more difficult to come up with an actual SOLUTION.

Comment

Working...
                  X