Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    We traded for Dawson and might pickup 3-4 players off cuts, sheesh thatís bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrod48 View Post
    From what I saw during pre-season, he ran very well. His running ability is similar to Lindsey. Perhaps it was his size and the expectation of blocking that worked against him. But as far as a running back, someone will pick a quality runner.
    Since Riddick was on the initial roster and then put on IR I suspect that there is a chance that Muhammad will be added back if possible, there are many RBs available on the wire that may have more potential of being picked up than Muhammad. I think there is a good chance that he is added back, hard to know what the FO is thinking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Maybe those needs have something to do with drafting?
    Every position there has injury issues except for WR which is not in bad shape at all. We have a backup QB but he is injured and on IR for now, Fangio seems to be fine with Davis at ILB but he has been hurt, we'll have to wait and see on Jewell, Joe Jones is also hurt but was on track to compete there. TE has been drafted and cursed by injury too.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Every position there has injury issues except for WR which is not in bad shape at all. We have a backup QB but he is injured and on IR for now, Fangio seems to be fine with Davis at ILB but he has been hurt, we'll have to wait and see on Jewell, Joe Jones is also hurt but was on track to compete there. TE has been drafted and cursed by injury too.
    Thatís true, they probably wouldnít be making any roster moves at this point if it wasnít for the injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Maybe those needs have something to do with drafting?
    It is a combination of drafting, salary cap management, free agent pick ups and coaching.

Our team has had some serious holes. A team does not miss the playoffs 3 years, draft in top 5 and drop in top 10 without serious holes.

Team Pass Protection has been awful for years. This is combination of players picked and coaching. I know others can point to bright moments but imo this has been an issue on some level (dire or mild) for a very long time. This is going to take 2 years of good decisions and coaching to fix. This is the first year I think we have properly addressed this issue in a very long time imo.

The ILB situation has been a question mark since we let Trev sign with Chicago.

The secondary was a strong point of the team in 2015 but quickly became a question mark due to player transitions and coaching.

QB...well outside PM that has been a problem for a very long time. Some may argue how long but for sure it has been a problem going back multiple GMs and multiple coaches. Giving Case the money we gave him not only hurt us on that contract but we also redid Von's contract to make future cap more difficult to deal with.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

The previous post was all doom but there are hopes.

Have not seen the team this year but I am assuming we much better coached team this year. Need to see the results on the field but I think HC wise, defense wise and OL wise we are light years ahead of 2018. We will see with the offense in general.

Talent wise what I saw in the run game last year gave me good reason to have hope. Not just our good trio of RBs and FB but the team run blocking was amazing last year imo. We made some changes to the team run blocking so I am hoping it improves.

Chubb+Von+Wolfe+Harris is a good start to any defense. We should have a good defense this year but I really think 2020 will be the year this defense starts to make us think about some of the other former great Bronco defenses but not going to put a ceiling on expectations for this year.

I think we moving in the right direction...we just need to be real about the starting point.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    It is a combination of drafting, salary cap management, free agent pick ups and coaching.

Our team has had some serious holes. A team does not miss the playoffs 3 years, draft in top 5 and drop in top 10 without serious holes.

Team Pass Protection has been awful for years. This is combination of players picked and coaching. I know others can point to bright moments but imo this has been an issue on some level (dire or mild) for a very long time. This is going to take 2 years of good decisions and coaching to fix. This is the first year I think we have properly addressed this issue in a very long time imo.

The ILB situation has been a question mark since we let Trev sign with Chicago.

The secondary was a strong point of the team in 2015 but quickly became a question mark due to player transitions and coaching.

QB...well outside PM that has been a problem for a very long time. Some may argue how long but for sure it has been a problem going back multiple GMs and multiple coaches. Giving Case the money we gave him not only hurt us on that contract but we also redid Von's contract to make future cap more difficult to deal with.
    Well said and I agree. Elway seems to let guys like Trevathan to save money, only to pay 2-3 average (or worse) players like Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall. The team paid roughly the same amount spread over lesser talented players.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis

Broncos have been awarded QB Brandon Allen off waivers, per source.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Broncos claims QB Brandon Allen. waived by the L.A. Rams. Now will be the #2 and backup QB behind Flacco, from Adam Schefter.

Broncos also claimed lineman Corey Levin from the Titans,

Nicki Jhabvala
    @NickiJhabvala

15m
    The Broncos were awarded four players off waivers, per source:

QB Brandon Allen (from Rams)
    TE Andrew Beck (from Patriots)
    C Corey Levin (from Titans)
    WR Diontae Spencer (from Steelers)

None of the players waived by the Broncos were claimed.

Per Nicki Jhabvala: The Broncos were awarded four players off waivers, per source:

QB Brandon Allen (from Rams)
    TE Andrew Beck (from Patriots)
    C Corey Levin (from Titans)
    WR Diontae Spencer (from Steelers)

None of the players waived by the Broncos were claimed.

River Cracraft and Jake Rodgers were waived as a result of claiming Corey Levin and Diontae Spencer.

Josh Watson was waived as a result of signing Corey Nelson.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

So can anyone tell me WHY we signed Brandon Allen? For this years preseason - Allen had 63% completion rate, zero TD's & 3 interceptions and a qb rating of 63! Sloter had a completion % of 76.5, 4 TD's & 1 interception and a qb rating of 120! And Allen has been let got by 3 teams so far. Here are 2 comments from the Rams board :
    IC: This guy played terrible. He makes Jamarcus Russell look impressive.
    Endo2 days ago surprised he was even in the NFL at all, severely mediocre at Arkansas
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    So can anyone tell me WHY we signed Brandon Allen? For this years preseason - Allen had 63% completion rate, zero TD's & 3 interceptions and a qb rating of 63! Sloter had a completion % of 76.5, 4 TD's & 1 interception and a qb rating of 120! And Allen has been let got by 3 teams so far. Here are 2 comments from the Rams board :
    Endo2 days ago surprised he was even in the NFL at all, severely mediocre at Arkansas
    Yeah he's pretty bad. 1 TD and 5 picks in his preseason career. No regular season passes. He was beat out for the Rams 3rd QB spot and now he's our backup

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Jamarcus Russell was undefeated in Mile High Stadium.
    Last edited by samparnell; 09-01-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus