Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think they have to be careful about IR, is the rule only 2 can be designated to return by week 8? Theo Riddick is for sure headed to IR with a possible return.
    I wouldn't say for sure....they might just cut him. Khalfani Muhammad might make it over Riddick.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-30-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I wouldn't say for sure....they might just cut him. Khalfani Muhammad might make it over Riddick.
    If Lindsay is going to be more of a slot receiver like theyve speculated, I think itd then be wise to keep Muhammad around.

I also heard riddicks injury is more severe than originally thought and he may be done for the season.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-30-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Do we assume Lock won't be going to IR??? That move would have been made already wouldn't it??
    I think they have to be careful about IR, is the rule only 2 can be designated to return by week 8? Theo Riddick is for sure headed to IR with a possible return.
    No and no. In order for a player to be returned from IR they need to be on the 53 man roster tomorrow. On Sunday or Monday they can be put on IR and become eligible to return this season.

As for IR designations, they no longer exist. Now any player that moves onto IR after the final cutdown is eligible to be returned if chosen. However team's only get to use 2 per season. And those players must miss a minimum of 8 weeks, regardless of when they're put on IR.

Which puts me on my soapbox, that's really a stupid rule. I know it's in theory so teams don't stash players, but making teams go with 52 or fewer players during the season because they don't want to put them on IR and burn the designation. The NFL should look closely at the CFL approach (1 game, 3 game, 6 game, 8+ game IRs) and let let players be moved to the shelf for the appropriate length of time. Maybe not quite so many, but a 3 game, 6 game and season long IR list seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    No and no. In order for a player to be returned from IR they need to be on the 53 man roster tomorrow. On Sunday or Monday they can be put on IR and become eligible to return this season.

As for IR designations, they no longer exist. Now any player that moves onto IR after the final cutdown is eligible to be returned if chosen. However team's only get to use 2 per season. And those players must miss a minimum of 8 weeks, regardless of when they're put on IR.

Which puts me on my soapbox, that's really a stupid rule. I know it's in theory so teams don't stash players, but making teams go with 52 or fewer players during the season because they don't want to put them on IR and burn the designation. The NFL should look closely at the CFL approach (1 game, 3 game, 6 game, 8+ game IRs) and let let players be moved to the shelf for the appropriate length of time. Maybe not quite so many, but a 3 game, 6 game and season long IR list seems reasonable.
    Sure. Guys on returnable IR can't practice. Lock needs to practice. I expect he'll be on the roster, so he can. If/when he's able to play, and is deemed the backup QB, they could release whomever the backup ends up being. Or not, if they feel they need the depth. I hope Brett Rypien ends up on the PS and runs scout team O this year. He hasn't earned a roster spot, but running scout team for a year would be a great learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. Guys on returnable IR can't practice. Lock needs to practice. I expect he'll be on the roster, so he can. If/when he's able to play, and is deemed the backup QB, they could release whomever the backup ends up being. Or not, if they feel they need the depth. I hope Brett Rypien ends up on the PS and runs scout team O this year. He hasn't earned a roster spot, but running scout team for a year would be a great learning experience.
    I was hoping the same thing would happen.

That 2017 draft looking worse and worse every day
    Yeah Elways used to stink at drafting. luckily he has wised up
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Yeah Elways used to stink at drafting. luckily he has wised up
    Does that mean he's a wise guy? Where are The Three Stooges when you need them?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Does that mean he's a wise guy? Where are The Three Stooges when you need them?
    Oh how we love our Sampernall.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fingers crossed, we always seem to have good depth at corner. Wish we could have that problem at the MLB spot
    It'd be a nice problem to have at QB also....
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 08-31-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Just heard the broncos are cutting Muhammad

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Stupid stupid stupid he's better than Booker. Hopefully we get him back on the ps

Booker's pass-blocking is valuable. Especially if we want to keep Joe upright for a whole season.

Also, how excited is KWHIT about a possible Brandon Marshall return?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Very disappointed in this move.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    Broncos have waived OLB Ahmad Gooden, per source.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter