Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Good....! I heard Elway had interest.
    He did before it became a bidding war. Not enough cap space

Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    He did before it became a bidding war. Not enough cap space
    Not enough cap space and not enough interest from Hoyer's camp in the job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Link or it didn't happen.

They must realize Flacco has a firm hold on the starting position, take their chances with Brissett

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    They must realize Flacco has a firm hold on the starting position, take their chances with Brissett
    Hoyer realized a 3 year, $12 million contract with $9 million guaranteed is a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    While that is a factor, it probably has more to do with the fact that he would be cut when Lock comes off of IR. Flacco has developed a pattern of injuries and poor play, which would make for an appealing destination for a backup QB as their potential to play would he higher than most places. The Ravens have had 6 QBs throws regular season passes for them since 2015, with 13 starts coming from QBs not named Flacco. Odds are, whoever is #2 here will likely play this year.

But, Flacco is not all we have and a vet like Hoyer would want more stability and assurance than our situation can provide. Indianapolis is about as perfect as it gets for him in terms of money, potential playing time, and roster safety.

The Broncos were never going to give him the money he wanted and Lock being on the roster would not be good for Hoyer's potential playing time down the road nor his roster safety going forward.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 09-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.

While that is a factor, it probably has more to do with the fact that he would be cut when Lock comes off of IR. Flacco has developed a pattern of injuries and poor play, which would make for an appealing destination for a backup QB as their potential to play would he higher than most places. But, Flacco is not all we have and a vet like Hoyer would want more stability and assurance than our situation can provide. Indianapolis is about as perfect as it gets for him in terms of money, potential playing time, and roster safety.

The Broncos were never going to give him the money he wanted and Lock being on the roster would not be good for Hoyer's potential playing time down the road nor his roster safety going forward.
    That is a great point, I think we should IR Lock for the year.
    Hopefully we donít need to use our backup at QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Link or it didn't happen.
    Your links don't say one word to support your statement, " ... not enough interest from Hoyer's camp in the job here."
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Your links don't say one word to support your statement, " ... not enough interest from Hoyer's camp in the job here."
    Actually what I found...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...lts/ar-AAGHFti

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...napolis-colts/

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ck-brian-hoyer

..... seems to imply the Broncos choosing to go in a different direction.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

As to why we went in a different direction that is pure speculation, but money would be my number 1 guess. Could also be that Scangarello wasn't all that enamored with him and didn't want to sign him to a longer contract. He probably could've adapted more quickly to the system than anyone else given his ties to Shanahan and Scangarello. Probably a combination of both.

Don't think it makes much difference anyway, if Flacco goes down early in the season, I think we would be in trouble no matter whether we tried to put one of our qb's in there (including Lock if healthy) or any of the ones that became/are available.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Only the Cardinals and Dolphins signed more players off waivers than the Broncos, thatís not a good thing.
    This is a coaching change year that includes a team that has not made the playoffs in 3 years including last two years having a bottom 10 record and bottom 5 record.

Maybe you just realizing now that we need a lot of improvement?
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

So, with the sudden freed up cap space ( anywhere from $1.6 million to $13 million and change depending on who you listen to.)we now have with the Flacco restructure.....who is the FO wanting? Or are they just going to roll it over to next year?
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Per Nicki Jhabvala: The Broncos were awarded four players off waivers, per source:

QB Brandon Allen (from Rams)
    TE Andrew Beck (from Patriots)
    C Corey Levin (from Titans)
    WR Diontae Spencer (from Steelers)

None of the players waived by the Broncos were claimed.
    Broncos are flying in CB Davontae Harris tonight with intention of signing him to 53-man roster tomorrow, per source. (1st by @diannaESPN). #9sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So says Nicki...

The Broncos are re-signing ILB Keishawn Bierria to the active roster, per source.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    ..why? I'm assuming this is for special teams and having him there
    Personally I take these as a good sign. If a team does not make the playoffs 3 years in a row including drafting top 10 and top 5 than that team has a lot of holes.

We got a new coaching staff who have worked with players they realize will not be able to do the jobs being asked of them. Better to get new players in here who possibly could do the job.

I wish I had the information available to look for new workers that coaches and front offices have in the NFL
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)