Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Malik Reed and justin hollins

I feel like they will be an upgrade to ray and barrett as the number 3 and 4 olb, Discuss. I feel our pass rushers will be nasty

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

This is my new sig, needs a little more work with the bright colors but I’m working on it anyway Denver fans should feel very fortunate to have these pass rushers!

I believe we’re about to see the greatest pass rushing duo of all time and not just from Von and Chubb but from Fangios unit as a whole because he will bring it from all angles.

Von May only have 12, Chubb May only have 12 but we may see Harris or Gotsis end up with 6-7 a piece with 7-8 from blitzing corners. That’s Fangios defense!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-29-2019 at 10:49 PM.

I think Chubb has a great season, but I think Miller is going to be in the discussion for Defensive Player of the Year, again.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Malik Reed looks a lot better than Shane Ray ever did. Yes I know, Shane Ray had an 8 sack season, however only 2 of those sacks were him actually displaying any type of pass rushing skill, he was a clean up guy who is about to be cut by the Ravens. Malik Reed not only looks like he offers some power pass rushing, and some athletic ability around the edge, he looks to be solid against the run as well, reminds me of Justin Hunter. Von and Chubb are going to have huge years, but I feel like by seasons end we will have a legitimate 3rd pass rusher who teams need to worry about, we have a few candidates for who that could be.

Our pass rush will be insane however I think our run d is going to be 1 of 2 major holes our d has. If a team can run on us then pass rush slows down

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Malik Reed looks a lot better than Shane Ray ever did. Yes I know, Shane Ray had an 8 sack season, however only 2 of those sacks were him actually displaying any type of pass rushing skill, he was a clean up guy who is about to be cut by the Ravens. Malik Reed not only looks like he offers some power pass rushing, and some athletic ability around the edge, he looks to be solid against the run as well, reminds me of Justin Hunter. Von and Chubb are going to have huge years, but I feel like by seasons end we will have a legitimate 3rd pass rusher who teams need to worry about, we have a few candidates for who that could be.
    In fairness Ray was a good compliment when he had Ware and Miller in front of him. He fell off a cliff when ware retired and couldnít be the robin to Vons Batman.

But you donít trade up in the first round to be a third string pass rusher either. I never did like that risk.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 08-30-2019 at 04:19 PM.

The few times when I attended camp this summer, I saw Bradley Chubb kick in to the inside at RDE with Reed lining up just to his right at the edge. It was a pretty sick and insane package and I think weíll see it in live action a few times throughout the season.

We have - IMO one of the better D-Lines we have had as a team in 3-4 years this season. We have made some improvements in the ILB spot but not to get us to where we were in 2015 (yet) IMO. I do think that Carter's move to ILB will be a great thing for us. He is a faster guy and due to his Safety work can cover better than most in the NFL at the ILB spot.

Malik Reed and Justin Hollins are pretty darn good. Reed embarrassed his OL matchup last night, all night. Hollins shows improvements, and hey he learning a new position in a new defense.

Malik Reed is playing like he should have been drafted. Looking very good. How often has Hollins been used on the inside? I'm curious to see how much OLB versus ILB he'll be playing

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Malik Reed is playing like he should have been drafted. Looking very good. How often has Hollins been used on the inside? I'm curious to see how much OLB versus ILB he'll be playing
    so many time in PS the coaches will try and push players and do things which they need to work on so that they can do so in a game situation. So it is not always 100% what you'll likely see form a player. There is a part of me which thinks that Fangio wants and is hoping that Hollins can be a James Harrison type guy. Just slide him all along that LB line.

Just like with CHJ, Lindsey, Barrett, and several others before them, Denver nabs an UDFA that teams deemed lacking in "ideal" size despite their great tape. It has been a generally successful strategy for the team the last decade or so. I think they've had like 14 UDFAs make the 53 in the last 15 years.

Malik looks like he should have been drafted people where to worried about his 235 frame to get him, but he is looking good. Hollin is 6'5 250 and can run. he can make it around the around the corner and has a bit of bend about him. he is a great skill set at OLB. he also had some flash moments and a sack during the 4th preseason game.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m fairness Ray was a good compliment when he had Ware and Miller in front of him. He fell off a cliff when ware retired and couldn’t be the robin to Vons Batman.
    I disagree with that, he cleaned up a few plays and registered some numbers, but he never made the impact people thought he did based on those numbers. If you go back and break down the sacks he had that season, it didn't showcase much of any skill on his part, and he was a bad run defender. Ray was also just cut by the Ravens, the guy is already on his way out of the NFL.

I disagree with that, he cleaned up a few plays and registered some numbers, but he never made the impact people thought he did based on those numbers. If you go back and break down the sacks he had that season, it didn't showcase much of any skill on his part, and he was a bad run defender. Ray was also just cut by the Ravens, the guy is already on his way out of the NFL.
    Iím referring to the Super Bowl season his rookie year. The only year with Ware. Or maybe his second year i forget. Iím obviously not defending Ray on anything thatís happened since.

He had a solid rookie year. If you consider that he was just a rookie. Again not what you wanted out of trading up for a first round pick. But at the time it was perfectly fine production behind Ware and Miller.

Again maybe not first round pick quality. But to me he was just fine as a rookie behind them.