Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m referring to the Super Bowl season his rookie year. The only year with Ware. Or maybe his second year i forget. I’m obviously not defending Ray on anything that’s happened since.

He had a solid rookie year. If you consider that he was just a rookie. Again not what you wanted out of trading up for a first round pick. But at the time it was perfectly fine production behind Ware and Miller.

Again maybe not first round pick quality. But to me he was just fine as a rookie behind them.
    He was decent as a rookie, but the 2016 season where he put up the 8 sacks, the season that led people to think he could make an impact in the NFL, that is what I am mostly referring to. People around here thought he could get us a 2nd round pick as late as last season. Fast forward 6 months, after he sat on the free agent market for a while, he is a pre-season cut for a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    He was decent as a rookie, but the 2016 season where he put up the 8 sacks, the season that led people to think he could make an impact in the NFL, that is what I am mostly referring to. People around here thought he could get us a 2nd round pick as late as last season. Fast forward 6 months, after he sat on the free agent market for a while, he is a pre-season cut for a different team.
    I Pretty much havenít liked him since we won the Super Bowl. So I think we are basically in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Our pass rush will be insane however I think our run d is going to be 1 of 2 major holes our d has. If a team can run on us then pass rush slows down
    Mainly due to the fact that our ILBs are complete trash!

So I was watching the Denver Arizona Game the other day and WOW ! Both of these Players can Play ! When I saw Malik Reed Lift Up one of their Offensive Line Men Just Like A Fork Lift I knew Dream Killer was the Real Deal ! What an Awesome Malik Reed will be !

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    So I was watching the Denver Arizona Game the other day and WOW ! Both of these Players can Play ! When I saw Malik Reed Lift Up one of their Offensive Line Men Just Like A Fork Lift I knew Dream Killer was the Real Deal ! What an Awesome Malik Reed will be !
    Heís able to get under the oppositions shoulder pads and move them around very Elvis Dumervil like.

Malik is a beast, the fact he wasn;t draft is a shame. he will get an nfl if not multiple this season.

Hollins is an interesting player. his natural ability and skills fit perfect into that olb. plus he is 6'5 250 and can run. he has a good bend around the edge also. he seems like your prototype pass rusher. Reed impressed me more early, but i may have got used to it this preseason and really liked how Hollins played this preseason also. his skill set seems to fit into OLB in the 3-4 ideally though.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Malik is a beast, the fact he wasn;t draft is a shame. he will get an nfl if not multiple this season.

Hollins is an interesting player. his natural ability and skills fit perfect into that olb. plus he is 6'5 250 and can run. he has a good bend around the edge also. he seems like your prototype pass rusher. Reed impressed me more early, but i may have got used to it this preseason and really liked how Hollins played this preseason also. his skill set seems to fit into OLB in the 3-4 ideally though.
    He is a nice chest piece, can cover and rush the Qb, i like the idea of him in the middle of the field with that length/ height and speed.

The Run D is going to be brutal and is going to put the secondary in a lot of bad positions. People are going to run on us all day long and it will set up explosives over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    The Run D is going to be brutal and is going to put the secondary in a lot of bad positions. People are going to run on us all day long and it will set up explosives over the top.
    What are you basing this on ?

I donít see it Week 1 with Oakland missing both starting guards

Todd Davis and Jewell arenít bad vs the run
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-04-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

I don’t see it Week 1 with Oakland missing both starting guards

Todd Davis and Jewell aren’t bad vs the run
    Probably the liver of a goat as examined by the College of Augurs during the last full Moon.

Right. Incognito and Jackson are out; Richie is on suspension and Gabe has an MCL injury.

Even if Jewell can't play, Alexander Johnson would probably step in, and he's a thumper in run D.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Time will tell but I do think our run defense needs to prove itself.

Luckily in 2019 teams like to pass and our pass defense looks more promising.

Unfortunately I worry our offense will not be good enough to keep the opposing team offense in a pass mode.

At this point it is all speculation. Even if one player looks good who knows how it will all fit together until we see regular season action.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Time will tell but I do think our run defense needs to prove itself.

Luckily in 2019 teams like to pass and our pass defense looks more promising.

Unfortunately I worry our offense will not be good enough to keep the opposing team offense in a pass mode.

At this point it is all speculation. Even if one player looks good who knows how it will all fit together until we see regular season action.
    Right. Run defense is crucial and Vic Fangio knows this. If I was planning a rushing attack against Denver, I'd use angle blocked plays in the Tackle/TE box because I think running outside would be less effective.

However, who has a series-based rushing attack with Trap, Wham, Off Tackle and Counter anymore? Fangio would probably counter with Mike Purcell and a lot of line stunts. It will be interesting to observe.

I don’t see it Week 1 with Oakland missing both starting guards

Todd Davis and Jewell aren’t bad vs the run
    Having average, injury-prone LBs and limited depth. It's the only thing on this defense that is a weakness, and it's glaring, imo. I typically have positive outlooks each season, but I'm feeling a bit gloomy about this one. Most of that is coming from the offense and Flacco, but the LBs are definitely a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Mainly due to the fact that our ILBs are complete trash!
    I'm having a fantasy where Coach Fangio does a credible job of placing capable people in the ILB position.

He is a nice chest piece, can cover and rush the Qb, i like the idea of him in the middle of the field with that length/ height and speed.
    i feel like using his bend any where other then OLB is a waste of his talent.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait