Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You're comparing two completely different players with different skillsets that were likely never competing for the same roster spot. The question is whether they're better with Muhammad or River Cracraft since they were competing for the return spot.

I'm not sure either is on the roster for the Raiders game since I think the Broncos will aim to add a true weapon to return kicks. Either way my bet is that Muhammad is either on the Practice Squad or the 53 man roster in Denver ahead of the Raiders game.
    the Broncos should look to sign Pharoh Cooper, who was just recently released. More talented than anyone else on roster for PR and KR.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

But big picture wise Booker offers blocking (probably overhyped to a degree, but better than a 174 pound player) as well as returner abilities (Muhammad has those) and then coverage and blocking abilities on Special Teams. An example Booker can line up as a personal protector on the punt team, or as a wing, or arrow, Muhammad doesn't offer that.

So you get versatility from Booker that you don't get from Muhammad. It's not a straight apples to apples comparison.

And I 100% disagree, championship coaches value versatility the most. Look at Belichick, he fills his roster with versatility.
    I am pretty sure Booker would not make one of Belichick's teams unless he was desperate at that position.

Belichick does value versatility but more importantly than versatility is he values people who do the job well.

Belichick would find another young RB and coach him up. It is probably the single best skill set his coaching staff has...the ability to find players and coach them up.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Best 10-6
    Worst 3-13
    Expected 8-8

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    With Bolles still on the roster you say the oline has been upgraded.....seriously????
    So having bolles in his limited time in preseason in the lineup

Overrides drafting Risner , signing James, getting Leary back and bringing in Munchak

Kinda some weird tunnel vision you have

Can I answer this question again after the raiders game?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    So having bolles in his limited time in preseason in the lineup

Overrides drafting Risner , signing James, getting Leary back and bringing in Munchak

Kinda some weird tunnel vision you have
    Well let's include his pretty piss poor performance season last also. My tunnel vision is not limited to just this year's preseason. Pretty sure he had more sacks this preseason than the starting front 3 but sadly they don't keep track of how many sacks an offencesive player has so we can't check those numbers. And it has been stated in other threads that he had a pretty decent season in second half of last year. The guy can't remember how to play during the off-season and has to relearn the game and it takes him 8 games to become productive. Do we really want to wait until the second half of a season for him to start performing????
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-01-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I really don't know why people are so negative about our team this year. We shouldve won a good 2 games last year if it weren't for VJ. Could've beat the chiefs twice last year and the rams if we had a different coach. Lost by 1 point vs the browns, 6 vs the 49ers and 2 by the Texans. Our trash team was able to go 6 and 10. A better coach and we may win those games and go 12 and 4. Even if we split those 6 games we still go 9 and 7. I know 'ifs and buts', but all of those games were in control and VJ made poor decisions in some of those games

We brought in callahan who was a top CB last year, the safety from the Texans. Our OL coach is top notch, brought in risner. Chubb looks great as so does shelby Harris. Our schedule is hard but I'm optimistic about this team

Best case: 16-0

Worst case: 0-16

Expected: somewhere in between

Go Broncos!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Well with one Qb letís see

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Best case: 16-0

Worst case: 0-16

Expected: somewhere in between

Go Broncos!!!

DBMB Academy Award for Best Comment.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Best 11-5.......worst 7-9...... expected 9-7...... Better coaching, better offense and a great defense will take us to the POs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I am pretty sure Booker would not make one of Belichick's teams unless he was desperate at that position.

Belichick does value versatility but more importantly than versatility is he values people who do the job well.

Belichick would find another young RB and coach him up. It is probably the single best skill set his coaching staff has...the ability to find players and coach them up.
    Whether Belichick would keep Booker or not is really inconsequential and a straw man argument.

In the debate of Muhammad v Booker (who were never in competition to begin with) you keep the one who adds more versatility, as the Broncos did.

You said it's not a move that a championship coach makes and I pointed out that Belichick (who knows plenty about winning) always fills his roster with versatile players. And the funny thing is that the Patriots have had plenty of Booker type RBs, Rex Burkhead being a current example. Brandon Bolden, Mike Gillislee, Shane Vereen. There's usually about 1 per year that the Patriots have or pickup.

Whether Belichick would keep Booker or not is really inconsequential and a straw man argument.

In the debate of Muhammad v Booker (who were never in competition to begin with) you keep the one who adds more versatility, as the Broncos did.

You said it's not a move that a championship coach makes and I pointed out that Belichick (who knows plenty about winning) always fills his roster with versatile players. And the funny thing is that the Patriots have had plenty of Booker type RBs, Rex Burkhead being a current example. Brandon Bolden, Mike Gillislee, Shane Vereen. There's usually about 1 per year that the Patriots have or pickup.
    I agree and will add that if we cut Booker and kept Muhammad, Booker may have been signed by another team and I don't think he's eligible for the practice squad. The way it worked out by cutting Muhammad, we have both.

I'm most optimistic about the combo of our DBs, Von and Chubb and Fangio. Our DBs are versatile. Our safeties can play CB and our CBs can plain inside and out. Vic is known for disguising defenses and he has the DBs to do it. Add heat from Von and Chubb and I think this can be special. The question is for me, can the other areas of the team hold up? But I think we're going to give teams trouble this year with our D.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    For the life of me I cannot fathom the widespread belief that the broncos suck from fans

Last two years we had arguably the worst head coach in the afc
    A terrible DC whom multiple players complained about and a blah predictable OC
    Our starting rbs were rookies, we ended the season with all wrs playing were rookies and Case whom was never the #1 Qb before and
    Our coach cost us multiple games

This year we have a head coach who is one of the best defensive minds in the game , upgraded the secondary greatly, upgraded the online and have the best online coach in the game, and all those rookies like Chubb, Sutton, Lindsey are now with a year under their belt and know how to play the pro game

And somehow people think we worse off???
    I totally agree!

It is extremely hard to understand what Elway saw in VJ in the first place, as I have never seen a HC be as lost at game speed. Of the QBs only Case did not have his worst season ever under VJ, but also he was close. VJ in his first year basically proved that he was a -4 wins/year factor compared with Kubes.

If history from Jake to Jay to Kyle (2009) to Kyle (2010-11) to Tebow, the shift in 2015 from the physically superior Osweiler to the mentally superior Manning, it was that especially the defense plays a lot better when they trust that the offense does not blow their efforts like Jay, Kyle, Osweiler, Siemian, Lynch, Case had a tendency to do. Defense seems to respond to "make it close and we will win".

Our team has so many close losses that we can make a real impact this year if we do things right. There is no reason that we should not be able to win the division, irrespective that I think that AFCW willl be a powerhouse.