Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    For the life of me I cannot fathom the widespread belief that the broncos suck from fans

Last two years we had arguably the worst head coach in the afc
    A terrible DC whom multiple players complained about and a blah predictable OC
    Our starting rbs were rookies, we ended the season with all wrs playing were rookies and Case whom was never the #1 Qb before and
    Our coach cost us multiple games

This year we have a head coach who is one of the best defensive minds in the game , upgraded the secondary greatly, upgraded the online and have the best online coach in the game, and all those rookies like Chubb, Sutton, Lindsey are now with a year under their belt and know how to play the pro game

And somehow people think we worse off???
    I think Denver's defense will be formidable this year. Great Defense wins road games and championships, especially in foul weather.

Denver's home field is a definite advantage.

There are four road games Denver should have a good chance of winning: at Oakland; at Indy; at Minnesota; and, at Buffalo.

There have been upgrades in coaching and personnel since last year's 6-10 record. Is it worth two games? We'll soon start finding out.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

For the life of me I cannot fathom the widespread belief that the broncos suck from fans

Our starting rbs were rookies, we ended the season with all wrs playing were rookies and Case whom was never the #1 Qb before and

This year we have a head coach who is one of the best defensive minds in the game , upgraded the secondary greatly, upgraded the online and have the best online coach in the game, and all those rookies like Chubb, Sutton, Lindsey are now with a year under their belt and know how to play the pro game

And somehow people think we worse off???
    With Bolles still on the roster you say the oline has been upgraded.....seriously????
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 08-31-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Best 11-5
    Worst 5-11
    Expected 9-7

Best: 11-5
    Worst: 6-10
    Expected: 9-7

I think our defense will be significantly improved. I think our offense struggles the first half of the season with Flacco and the offensive line alternating between good and bad. The second half of the season, I could see our offense being more consistent and the team putting together a good run.

If our defense is stifling, I can see the team reaching the playoffs...and hope Flacco has a little postseason magic left in that tank.

My best case is 11-5

Worst case is 5-11 (our defense will be good enough to win a handful )

Expected is 9-7 for me, we have some tough games coming but we WILL win some we "aren't supposed to" with our aggressive defense

And somehow people think we worse off??
    No posts thus far in this thread have the Broncos worse than last season based on “Expected Outcome”. One post has the expected outcome at 6-10 matching last year’s record.

I think our defense will be tough, even stifling. MAYBE even some potential for 2015 greatness once the defensive starters/subs all really gel after a few games.

The offense is definitely, deservedly, a question mark. But the one thing that doesn’t seem to be mentioned much is our OC. He’s a rookie too! Question is, can he call the right offensive game straight out of the gates? There’s VERY little room for error for Scangarellos play calling in my opinion when our offense is already in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Best: 11-5
    Worst: 6-10
    Expected: 9-7

I think our defense will be significantly improved. I think our offense struggles the first half of the season with Flacco and the offensive line alternating between good and bad. The second half of the season, I could see our offense being more consistent and the team putting together a good run.

If our defense is stifling, I can see the team reaching the playoffs...and hope Flacco has a little postseason magic left in that tank.
    Right there with you at 9-7.

Are we better with Booker or Muhammad? I say Muhammad. What say you?
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 08-31-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Are we better with Booker or Muhammad? I say Muhammad. What say you?
    You're comparing two completely different players with different skillsets that were likely never competing for the same roster spot. The question is whether they're better with Muhammad or River Cracraft since they were competing for the return spot.

I'm not sure either is on the roster for the Raiders game since I think the Broncos will aim to add a true weapon to return kicks. Either way my bet is that Muhammad is either on the Practice Squad or the 53 man roster in Denver ahead of the Raiders game.

Best case scenario: 13-3
    Worst case scenario: 6-10
    Likely scenario: 11-5

This team will have a top 3 defense this year. If the offence manages to get to average they'll win 11 games. Despite what people have claimed they've got a very favourable schedule (the AFC South isn't good, the NFC North has 1 good team in Minnesota, a question mark in Chicago, a slightly below average team in Detroit and a poor team in Green Bay. The Raiders are going to be a train wreck, Cleveland will implode and Buffalo is Buffalo). They will go 4-2 against the AFC West this year.

This team has surprise team written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Best case scenario: 13-3
    Worst case scenario: 6-10
    Likely scenario: 11-5

This team will have a top 3 defense this year. If the offence manages to get to average they'll win 11 games. Despite what people have claimed they've got a very favourable schedule (the AFC South isn't good, the NFC North has 1 good team in Minnesota, a question mark in Chicago, a slightly below average team in Detroit and a poor team in Green Bay. The Raiders are going to be a train wreck, Cleveland will implode and Buffalo is Buffalo). They will go 4-2 against the AFC West this year.

This team has surprise team written all over it.
    Ya Man !!!

Best = 19-0 (that is the goal of a Championship Franchise every year!)
    Worst = 2-14 (beat the Raiders twice is a mandatory min for me)
    Expected = 9-7 (compete for playoffs---after the last three years I just pray for a winning season)

Honestly I will not have a good feel for the potential for this team until week 4. Need to see players in real game action and witness coaches ability to make game plans and adjust. Even tho I saw some potential last year one thing I learned through the Vance and McD eras is coaching can definitely break a team.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You're comparing two completely different players with different skillsets that were likely never competing for the same roster spot. The question is whether they're better with Muhammad or River Cracraft since they were competing for the return spot.

I'm not sure either is on the roster for the Raiders game since I think the Broncos will aim to add a true weapon to return kicks. Either way my bet is that Muhammad is either on the Practice Squad or the 53 man roster in Denver ahead of the Raiders game.
    yea a combination of proven lack of NFL skillsets in Booker and potential skill sets in Muhammad.

My guess is Booker was a safe call for a vet coach in his first year as HC. It is ok to make safe calls but Championship Coaches know when to take a chance as well.

Time will tell.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    yea a combination of proven lack of NFL skillsets in Booker and potential skill sets in Muhammad.

My guess is Booker was a safe call for a vet coach in his first year as HC. It is ok to make safe calls but Championship Coaches know when to take a chance as well.

Time will tell.
    But big picture wise Booker offers blocking (probably overhyped to a degree, but better than a 174 pound player) as well as returner abilities (Muhammad has those) and then coverage and blocking abilities on Special Teams. An example Booker can line up as a personal protector on the punt team, or as a wing, or arrow, Muhammad doesn't offer that.

So you get versatility from Booker that you don't get from Muhammad. It's not a straight apples to apples comparison.

And I 100% disagree, championship coaches value versatility the most. Look at Belichick, he fills his roster with versatility.