Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: Bryce Callahan

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    587
    Apparently hes returning to practice tomorrow. Not sure how long he'll practice before he will start. Probably a couple weeks to get back up to speed. Crazy he's been out for close to a year

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    Apparently hes returning to practice tomorrow. Not sure how long he'll practice before he will start. Probably a couple weeks to get back up to speed. Crazy he's been out for close to a year
    At this point might as well sit him out. I doubt he's in football shape. I would devontae harris and Duke dawson over him

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    At this point might as well sit him out. I doubt he's in football shape. I would devontae harris and Duke dawson over him
    At this point I want to see what the younger guys got anyways. 27 been playing well enough to keep getting snaps.

    I guess it would be interesting to see how Bryce Callahan fits into the defense in case we wanted to free up 5.6m in cap space and release him
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    At this point I want to see what the younger guys got anyways. 27 been playing well enough to keep getting snaps.

    I guess it would be interesting to see how Bryce Callahan fits into the defense in case we wanted to free up 5.6m in cap space and release him
    There is always room for more good corners I think having him in over sensabaugh. Dude is a depth player at the end of his career. We don't need him to see the field

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,343
    Looks unlikely that he'll make it into the field this year. Multiple reports of him not being able to take steps and make full strides.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,909
    what a waste

    can we get a refund on the $$$

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    what a waste

    can we get a refund on the $$$
    Ja’Wuan James and Flacco too, horrendous FA this year. At least Kareem Jackson has been good, but still, ugh....

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Ja’Wuan James and Flacco too, horrendous FA this year. At least Kareem Jackson has been good, but still, ugh....
    At least we all knew Flacco would continue to be a bottom 5 QB and James/Callahan would end up injured at some point. I guess we just didn't expect them to be injured all year...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    At least we all knew Flacco would continue to be a bottom 5 QB and James/Callahan would end up injured at some point. I guess we just didn't expect them to be injured all year...
    Its amazing. James played less than 3 quarters worth of game and Callahan didn't suit up even once. Hopefully this is a lesson that availability is the best ability.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,134
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Its amazing. James played less than 3 quarters worth of game and Callahan didn't suit up even once. Hopefully this is a lesson that availability is the best ability.
    Callahan’s contract was pretty cheap compared to his skill set. He’s a Chris Harris type of player when he’s healthy, so if we get a couple of years of productivity from him it will have been worth it.

    I’m not rebutting your larger point, but merely suggesting Callahan could still pay off.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,230
    i honestly think that with James and Callahan it will pay off just not this year.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,930
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Its amazing. James played less than 3 quarters worth of game and Callahan didn't suit up even once. Hopefully this is a lesson that availability is the best ability.
    I read somewhere, the knock on Juwann James, was his propensity for injuries. He tends to milk his injuries and was not very popular in the locker room due to this.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    i honestly think that with James and Callahan it will pay off just not this year.
    I think CHJ has proven his worth by remaining healthy.

    I know it’s something nobody can predict but it’ll be a major downer if we let CHJ go and Callahan remains injured beyond this season.

    I like Callahan a lot (great slot guy) But goodness this one is going to hurt if he can’t get healthy!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I read somewhere, the knock on Juwann James, was his propensity for injuries. He tends to milk his injuries and was not very popular in the locker room due to this.
    To make matters worse is that the Broncos front office knew this as well but still proceeded to sign him and allow Paradis to sign elsewhere.

    Yeah we needed a RT but James has been anything but since he chooses to sit out and the Broncos we’re aware of this.

    John has a tendency to ignore the obvious!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Callahan’s contract was pretty cheap compared to his skill set. He’s a Chris Harris type of player when he’s healthy, so if we get a couple of years of productivity from him it will have been worth it.

    I’m not rebutting your larger point, but merely suggesting Callahan could still pay off.
    Callahan's injury is close to a year ago when it occurred. If it's a lisfranc injury then you have to wonder if he'll ever recover, or if it's time for him to retire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •