Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bryce Callahan

I believe Vic said he would return and play on the outside. It's frustrating that these new signings are injured, and they could definitely be helping us. But once again I think there is a lesson in the moves that Elway made this off-season, and that is you don't sign already and often injured players, it usually doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It begs the question why we decided to give a 3 year $21 million contract to a guy coming off IR
    I dunno I guess giving 7 mill per year to one of the best CBs in the game is worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I believe Vic said he would return and play on the outside. It's frustrating that these new signings are injured, and they could definitely be helping us. But once again I think there is a lesson in the moves that Elway made this off-season, and that is you don't sign already and often injured players, it usually doesn't change.
    Whatís more surprising is Fangioís lack of knowledge into the depth and recovery of his injury. This was likely a guy Fangio pushed for because heís been in the scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It begs the question why we decided to give a 3 year $21 million contract to a guy coming off IR
    Elway has a penchant for acquiring injured/injury prone players, through the draft or free agency. Jeff Heuerman, Jake Butt, Jared Veldheer and Menelik Watson come to mind. Callahan is the latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Elway has a penchant for acquiring injured/injury prone players, through the draft or free agency. Jeff Heuerman, Jake Butt, Jared Veldheer and Menelik Watson come to mind. Callahan is the latest one.
    For sure right, it never works huh

I mean when he picked up a aged injured an with a neck everyone thought would snap guys like you knew it would fail

Yep.

Wolfe, paradis, chj, von, chubb,sutton, hamilton, talib, tj ward, simmons, parks, jewell, davis, bmarsh, risner, fant, lindsey, freeman, jano, latimer, welker, demarcus ware, malik, shelby, mackenzie, tysam, schofield, they all come to mind as players he brought in. None being injury prone. You are right. Your list is bigger than mine. Definitely a well thought out post!
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Callahan was just Elway’s latest example of signing an injured player not ready to contribute. Sentimental reflection of past success is nice. Unfortunately, Elway mismanaged the roster to being one of the worst three teams in the NFL.
    I just posted and saw this gem too. Do you actually believe what you are typing?
    Callahan was ready to contribute, in fact he was contributing until he got his foot stepped on in the scrimmage at Mile high...He should also be back this week at the latest. Next week for sure. What will you say then?
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Thread cleaned. Sorry I was at a wedding and want able to get back to this sooner.

Please keep the discussion civil and free of personal attacks.
    Last edited by Rastic; 09-20-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yep.

Wolfe, paradis, chj, von, chubb,sutton, hamilton, talib, tj ward, simmons, parks, jewell, davis, bmarsh, risner, fant, lindsey, freeman, jano, latimer, welker, demarcus ware, malik, shelby, mackenzie, tysam, schofield, they all come to mind as players he brought in. None being injury prone. You are right. Your list is bigger than mine. Definitely a well thought out post!
    Itís not about the number of players, itís about the lack impact from doubling down on poor decisions. The Broncos have struggled with production at TE however Elway doubled down by drafting Butt after Heuerman. Itís one thing to make a mistake, another to repeat it by drafting another injury prone player like Butt at the same position. The lack of TE production has limited the offense over the last few seasons. The Broncos signed Veldheer at RT who was coming off injury late in his career. That didnít work out so what happened? Elway doubled down with an expensive contract by signing JaíWuan James. James was an injury prone player. Again, itís not about the number of players or length of anyoneís list - itís about the impact of those decisions.

Bryce Callahan broke his fifth metatarsal in his left foot late in the 2018 season (December 9th). Foot injuries can be problematic and the Broncos signed Callahan to a lucrative contract around the middle of March. Thatís another example of signing an injured player who wasnít fully recovered. When Callahan was injured as quickly as he was, itís not a surprise knowing the history with a problematic foot injury. Here we are weeks into the season without Callahan.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just posted and saw this gem too. Do you actually believe what you are typing?
    Callahan was ready to contribute, in fact he was contributing until he got his foot stepped on in the scrimmage at Mile high...He should also be back this week at the latest. Next week for sure. What will you say then?
    I wouldnít count on it. Callahan is still experiencing pain in his foot and limited in practice. At this point it would be better to not rush him back. Fangio has taken a conservative approach with bringing players back from injury, which is the right approach.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    So let me get this

Poster insinuates that Yiadom was getting beaten constantly by 4h and 5th string wrs

When asked about that, his answer is I dunno I didnít really watch the games closely but it could have been another guy

But He knows he sucks
    Looks like he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Looks like he was right.
    Yiadom made one play in preseason and some reacted like he was suddenly an elite CB. Remember Chubb forced Garoppolo into a bad throw.

It doesnít matter how good Callahan can play if heís not available.

Who is this Bryce Callahan guy? Havenít seen him...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Who is this Bryce Callahan guy? Havenít seen him...
    The Broncos payroll department knows him. The football field needs an introduction.

The Broncos payroll department knows him. The football field needs an introduction.
    Truth. I also agree with your take on Elway constantly doubling down on injury prone players.