Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    I wanted "Pat Bowlen Field at Mile High" but I guess the days when corporations stick their names on everything is here to stay...or at least for the next 21 years anyway
    Ho long was it Invesco Field or Sports Authority Field?. Both companies went the way of the dodo after slapping their name on Mile High Stadium.

Empower Field is the Trevor Siemian of stadium names.

I think they're getting around 6 million a year for a total of around 125 million

Retirement Field would have been hilarious. I think I'm going to start calling it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Is it me, or does that look like a Patriots logo?

Oh well, at least we're not nameless anymore...
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

Other than that, great news (financially). I know this process must have been grinding Ellis' gears for many months.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think they're getting around 6 million a year for a total of around 125 million
    That’s all they’re getting, $6 million a year? Is that really worth it?

I will still know it as Mile High.
    That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Is it me, or does that look like a Patriots logo?

Oh well, at least we're not nameless anymore...
    Not just you

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    You ain't the only one. Although I'd of liked Pat Bolen Field better.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Hey that’s the company that runs my 401k. So now they own the stadium naming rights of my favorite team and my future. I’m scared.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 09-05-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    No big deal. Most are still likely to refer to it as Mile High stadium anyways.

It is just a name to stare at if stuck in traffic or for announcers to mention when welcoming the TV audience.

Broncos get some revenue and the local company gets some advertising. Sounds like a win win situation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That’s all they’re getting, $6 million a year? Is that really worth it?

It's not a lot of money but they are probably still in hock After The Peyton Manning and Von Miller Contracts.

I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Not just you

This needs to get forwarded to Ellis and Elway. Maybe they can convince Empower to change their logo to orange waves instead for this instance.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/0...ile-high-logo/

How the Empower Field at Mile High logo was developed and where you’ll see it this football season

The Broncos finally have a naming-rights partner in Empower Retirement, and that means your drive down Interstate 25 past downtown Denver will soon be getting a significant skyline adjustment.

The waving ridge atop the east and west sides of the stadium will dawn a new logo and signage as part of the team’s 21-year agreement with the Colorado-based retirement solutions company. It features a blue backdrop with “EMPOWER FIELD” in white block lettering beneath three red waves and above three orange mountain peaks resting on the words “AT MILE HIGH.”

You can see a temporary version hanging on the south outside-facing wall of the stadium. And, once granted approval through the city, permanent fixtures will wrap the stadium inside and out as part of Empower’s public branding effort.

Football traditionalists might sour at the NFL’s mass commercialization outside a few non-sponsored venues such as Lambeau Field and Arrowhead Stadium. But Broncos Country can at least take solace in the fact its new stadium logo has some local flavor.

“One of the things I’m most proud about is everything the fans see was designed in-house by Empower and by Colorado residents,” said Steve Jenks, the company’s chief marketing officer, at a Thursday news conference.

Empower’s decision to include “at Mile High” in its name and logo might have been a point of contention for other interested sponsors; considering the nickname could surpass the formal name in fans’ vocabulary. Empower saw it another way.

“We think that’s part of the heritage so ‘Mile High’ was never going away,” Empower CEO Ed Murphy said. “We never viewed it in any way impacting adversely our brand.”

Likely the biggest contention among fans over the new logo is the waving red stripes (maybe just a hue too close to the division rival Chiefs). It’s the same flag design used in Empower’s corporate logo and visually bridges the gap between Mile High and the company’s business offerings. On game days, you’ll see it scrawling across the LED ribbon boards, plastered on the walls behind each end zone and included on a variety of stadium promotions. It will not be painted on the field.

“We’re excited because the scaffolding is up right now to do the sign over the top of the south scoreboard,” Jenks said. “Then, on both of the north scoreboards, there is signage that will be underneath.”

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above