Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Mr Big Mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    finally. Raiders officially laughingstock of the league
    Actually, I think AB is. The Faiders just dodged a bullet imo.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Throughout the Antonio Brown saga, Derek Carr’s brother and NFL Network analyst David has acted as an unofficial conduit for Derek’s mindset and that of the Raiders. Lately he’s had quite a bit to say with regard to the Antonio Brown saga, which has been a daily headache for the team and everyone involved.

The bombshell this morning was Antonio Brown asking for his release following his contract guarantees being voided for conduct detrimental to the team. This comes a day after AB had apologized for his outburst in practice and Jon Gruden said he plans to play Brown in the Monday Night opener against Denver.

With the news fresh and swirling, David called into NFL Network’s Good Morning Football and he had some interesting things to say about the situation with Brown and the mindset of the Raiders and his brother Derek.

“There’s a relief, honestly, that he might not be there,” David Carr said of the team feeling about not having Antonio Brown for the Monday Night season opener. “Because quite honestly it’s been better practices when he’s not there. When AB’s not been around the building, there’s been a lack of just complete insanity that has actually been pretty comforting. . . they have 52 guys that are getting ready to go out there and make something happen and unfortunately it’s just one guy that’s kind of holding them all back.”

David went on to talk about “how much of a drain [Antonio Brown] has been on this football team.” Whether it be his presence (which hasn’t been much) or the constant questions of when and if Brown will show up.

You can sense the frustration from Gruden, who has been very un-Gruden-like in how reserved he has been with his words regarding Brown missing time. But you can hear it in moments, if you’re listening. Such as the other day in his press conference.

“We’ve been going out to practice every day and we’ve adjusted without him,” said Gruden. ”We never knew sometimes when he was going to practice, so we are good at it. We are good at adapting and adjusting, unfortunately. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and I’m just going to say to you that I’m really excited about the guys that we do have, and we’ll do the best we can.”

No one was closer to Antonio Brown than Derek Carr. Playing with the Raiders youg QB was supposedly the main reason Brown was so excited to come to Oakland. They were like instant besties and spent a good deal of time in the offseason working out together. And according to David, even Derek has been unable to get AB on the phone.

The whole thing has come to a hilt. Either Antonio Brown will show up and play, or he won’t. The Raiders are trying to find the good in either scenario. Neither is the ideal or the best case scenario, Antonio Brown has ensured that.

Follow @LeviDamien
    I'm shocked at the way Jon Gruden has handled this situation. Did all those years in broadcasting make him forget that you don't sacrifice the whole team by kowtowing to the whims of a selfish prima donna? Trying to accommodate Antonio Brown has undermined the whole fabric of what a disciplined, successful football team must have in order to succeed. Being obsessed with winning is normal for head football coaches, but letting that obsession cause one to forget the basic rules of how a football team must function is a sad thing to see.

Mayock and Gruden have brought in players not only of questionable character, but also some whose mental health is in question. Antonio Brown may just be the beginning of a crazy quilt that will unravel as time goes by. They have not shown preparedness in dealing with this. Gruden is not circumspect and seems glaringly oblivious to the magnitude of his weak efforts to bring some semblance of order to his team. A head football coach at any level must have a vision which he communicates to his players in such a way that they share it and believe it. We'll see what happens.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Ok so now he is officially gone....who takes his place? Anyone we need to worry about?
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Actually, I think AB is. The Faiders just dodged a bullet imo.
    This situation went on longer than it should have. Mayock and Gruden are to blame for thinking they could manage AB and that the team would benefit from his on the field talent.

As far as Monday Night is concerned, the damage may be done. AB kept his former teammates and coaches from focusing 100% on the Broncos. Whether or not Gruden can salvage some dignity in the eyes of his players and get the team back on track remains to be seen. AB is not the only questionable character/nutcase on the roster.

Ok so now he is officially gone....who takes his place? Anyone we need to worry about?
    Vontaze Burfict cheapshotting Phillip Lindsay?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This situation went on longer than it should have. Mayock and Gruden are to blame for thinking they could manage AB and that the team would benefit from his on the field talent.

As far as Monday Night is concerned, the damage may be done. AB kept his former teammates and coaches from focusing 100% on the Broncos. Whether or not Gruden can salvage some dignity in the eyes of his players and get the team back on track remains to be seen. AB is not the only questionable character/nutcase on the roster.
    I'm shocked at the way Jon Gruden has handled this situation. Did all those years in broadcasting make him forget that you don't sacrifice the whole team by kowtowing to the whims of a selfish prima donna? Trying to accommodate Antonio Brown has undermined the whole fabric of what a disciplined, successful football team must have in order to succeed. Being obsessed with winning is normal for head football coaches, but letting that obsession cause one to forget the basic rules of how a football team must function is a sad thing to see.

Mayock and Gruden have brought in players not only of questionable character, but also some whose mental health is in question. Antonio Brown may just be the beginning of a crazy quilt that will unravel as time goes by. They have not shown preparedness in dealing with this. Gruden is not circumspect and seems glaringly oblivious to the magnitude of his weak efforts to bring some semblance of order to his team. A head football coach at any level must have a vision which he communicates to his players in such a way that they share it and believe it. We'll see what happens.
    While I love the fun we get to have at the expense of all the drama from the Raiders... I'd much rather have opponents that can concentrate on football. A hard fought knock down drag out win is far more enjoyable.
    Adopted player Lindsey

How AB sees himself as a Raider

Milton
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

While I love the fun we get to have at the expense of all the drama from the Raiders... I'd much rather have opponents that can concentrate on football. A hard fought knock down drag out win is far more enjoyable.
    Let's wait and see what it really looks like, play-by-play, on Monday Night. It could be dog fight.

Let's wait and see what it really looks like, play-by-play, on Monday Night. It could be dog fight.
    Let's hope so.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Am I wrong to hope the Patriots stick their nose in this?

Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    Am I wrong to hope the Patriots stick their nose in this?
    We can only hope.

How about that!! A player too crazed and mentally unhinged for the raiders. I just have to set back and contemplate this for a while. Maybe Gruden and Mayock can bring some sense of respectability and humility to this team. Maybe, moving out of town will help. Broncos will beat them either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    How about that!! A player too crazed and mentally unhinged for the raiders. I just have to set back and contemplate this for a while. Maybe Gruden and Mayock can bring some sense of respectability and humility to this team. Maybe, moving out of town will help. Broncos will beat them either way.
    Unlikely. As sam said, they have too many nutcases.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    hahah ikr. it's something else isn't it.

Raiders -no doubt- have been distracted by this. Gruden will ask his team to double down though and overcome this adversity. The Broncos cannot allow this. Remember the Chargers rookie place kicker? Nip this team right in the buds
    Last edited by dizzolve; 09-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese