Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    30 million dollars vs 0 dollars can do that to ya
    Raiders: AB, you want 30 million guaranteed or 0 guaranteed?

AB: .................let me let that marinate for a while.

And people were saying the Raiders caved by saying he would play Monday. Oh he’ll play alright. He will play for his job from week to week...LOL!!!!!

Antonio Brown will eventually be a chapter in the ongoing conversation concerning talent vs. character on a roster.

Whether or not he plays Monday Night, he has succeeded in distracting his teammates and coaches from focusing 100% on the game. Broncos players and coaches have fielded questions from the media about him as well. We shall see how well prepared and coached each team looks.

Years ago the Raiders used to acquire problem players and give them an environment in which they could succeed. By bringing in Antonio Brown, Vontaze Burfict, Richie Incognito, et al., Mayock and Gruden seem to be revisiting this era of Raider football. We'll see how that approach works out.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

To quote Eddie Brown, his father, struggling to land a shot at the arena league : ""I told myself that if I ever got that opportunity, no one would ever outwork me."

Brown says his secret was simple: "preparation." He always practiced in full pads, even when his teammates wore shoulder pads and shorts. He took every rep with Albany's first and second teams. He was the first player on the field and the last to leave."

-----Sounds like the best thing Brown could do right now is listen to his dad, just praying to make an Albany arena league team.

I wonder if Dez Bryant ends up signing with jokeland
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Antonio Brown will eventually be a chapter in the ongoing conversation concerning talent vs. character on a roster.

Whether or not he plays Monday Night, he has succeeded in distracting his teammates and coaches from focusing 100% on the game. Broncos players and coaches have fielded questions from the media about him as well. We shall see how well prepared and coached each team looks.

Years ago the Raiders used to acquire problem players and give them an environment in which they could succeed. By bringing in Antonio Brown, Vontaze Burfict, Richie Incognito, et al., Mayock and Gruden seem to be revisiting this era of Raider football. We'll see how that approach works out.
    Back in the day.....AB would of fit right in.....now? No. Nobody wants or has time for this much drama. Imo.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Found this on termination pay....

Termination Pay is a benefit available to players with four or more years of NFL service. Basically, if a player is on the Week One roster and gets cut at any point after that, he’s entitled to collect the balance of his salary as Termination Pay. (Vested veterans routinely are cut before Week One specifically to avoid the Termination Pay benefit.)

What a dummy.......from the looks of this all he had to do was suit up Monday and then he could have been a headache and tried to get released with his termination pay (in his case 14.6 million would be the balance owed I believe).

I think he's sitting out of a 14 million dollar game.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 09-07-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Maybe we'll see Doss Monday night
    Red 98

Throughout the Antonio Brown saga, Derek Carr’s brother and NFL Network analyst David has acted as an unofficial conduit for Derek’s mindset and that of the Raiders. Lately he’s had quite a bit to say with regard to the Antonio Brown saga, which has been a daily headache for the team and everyone involved.

The bombshell this morning was Antonio Brown asking for his release following his contract guarantees being voided for conduct detrimental to the team. This comes a day after AB had apologized for his outburst in practice and Jon Gruden said he plans to play Brown in the Monday Night opener against Denver.

With the news fresh and swirling, David called into NFL Network’s Good Morning Football and he had some interesting things to say about the situation with Brown and the mindset of the Raiders and his brother Derek.

“There’s a relief, honestly, that he might not be there,” David Carr said of the team feeling about not having Antonio Brown for the Monday Night season opener. “Because quite honestly it’s been better practices when he’s not there. When AB’s not been around the building, there’s been a lack of just complete insanity that has actually been pretty comforting. . . they have 52 guys that are getting ready to go out there and make something happen and unfortunately it’s just one guy that’s kind of holding them all back.”

David went on to talk about “how much of a drain [Antonio Brown] has been on this football team.” Whether it be his presence (which hasn’t been much) or the constant questions of when and if Brown will show up.

You can sense the frustration from Gruden, who has been very un-Gruden-like in how reserved he has been with his words regarding Brown missing time. But you can hear it in moments, if you’re listening. Such as the other day in his press conference.

“We’ve been going out to practice every day and we’ve adjusted without him,” said Gruden. ”We never knew sometimes when he was going to practice, so we are good at it. We are good at adapting and adjusting, unfortunately. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and I’m just going to say to you that I’m really excited about the guys that we do have, and we’ll do the best we can.”

No one was closer to Antonio Brown than Derek Carr. Playing with the Raiders youg QB was supposedly the main reason Brown was so excited to come to Oakland. They were like instant besties and spent a good deal of time in the offseason working out together. And according to David, even Derek has been unable to get AB on the phone.

The whole thing has come to a hilt. Either Antonio Brown will show up and play, or he won’t. The Raiders are trying to find the good in either scenario. Neither is the ideal or the best case scenario, Antonio Brown has ensured that.

Follow @LeviDamien
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Maybe we'll see Doss Monday night
    I think he signed with the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Found this on termination pay....

Termination Pay is a benefit available to players with four or more years of NFL service. Basically, if a player is on the Week One roster and gets cut at any point after that, he’s entitled to collect the balance of his salary as Termination Pay. (Vested veterans routinely are cut before Week One specifically to avoid the Termination Pay benefit.)

What a dummy.......from the looks of this all he had to do was suit up Monday and then he could have been a headache and tried to get released with his termination pay (in his case 14.6 million would be the balance owed I believe).

I think he's sitting out of a 14 million dollar game.
    Didn't Week One begin on Monday/Labor Day?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Raiders release AB

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Raiders officially released AB
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think he signed with the Jags.
    He's on their PS
    Red 98