Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,084

    The Drama Didn't End With Hard Knocks

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ck-altercation

    This dude is a straight up locker room cancer

    Knock on wood if you're with me!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Iím not going to disagree that heís a cancer but Mayock clearly has no plan on how to deal with him. You know he has a massive ego and heís a volatile person that probably isnít in the greatest head space right now, I disagree with how Mayock is handling this whole fiasco.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,044
    Burfict restraining Brown while both wear Raiders jerseys. Thatís picture perfect.

    I can hear Brown now ďthey donít treat Tom Brady this way!Ē

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím not going to disagree that heís a cancer but Mayock clearly has no plan on how to deal with him. You know he has a massive ego and heís a volatile person that probably isnít in the greatest head space right now, I disagree with how Mayock is handling this whole fiasco.
    How is Mayock supposed to handle the situation?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    How is Mayock supposed to handle the situation?
    I would do it behind closed doors not through the media and I definitely would not get into a screaming match with him. It almost seems like Mayock is antagonizing him just to get out of the bonus so they can move on from him. I doubt Gruden agrees though which is probably why this suspension isnít official yet. I didnít watch hard knocks so idk the interactions they had on there but I feel like Gruden has been handling the situation better and Mayock should just delegate Antonio Brown duty to Gruden.

    To me it seems like Mayock is trying way too hard to put his stamp on the team and his arrogance was already shown with his first draft IMO. He needs to let Gruden see his vision through.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I would do it behind closed doors not through the media and I definitely would not get into a screaming match with him. It almost seems like Mayock is antagonizing him just to get out of the bonus so they can move on from him. I doubt Gruden agrees though which is probably why this suspension isnít official yet. I didnít watch hard knocks so idk the interactions they had on there but I feel like Gruden has been handling the situation better and Mayock should just delegate Antonio Brown duty to Gruden.

    To me it seems like Mayock is trying way too hard to put his stamp on the team and his arrogance was already shown with his first draft IMO. He needs to let Gruden see his vision through.
    Antonio Brown posted the letter on Twitter, not Mayock. Frostbite, helmet and missed camp were all on Brown. Itís not like Mayock wanted to answer for the issues caused entirely by Brown.

    Brown went too far by posting the letter on Twitter (similar stunt as streaming the locker room video). Even if the argument was heated, you donít threaten your employer. To top it off he punted the ball and challenged Mayock to fine him again.

    Now, there could be something to Mayock wanting to get out of the contract - but thatís pure speculation. The fact is that Antonio Brown is the problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Antonio Brown posted the letter on Twitter, not Mayock. Frostbite, helmet and missed camp were all on Brown. Itís not like Mayock wanted to answer for the issues caused entirely by Brown.

    Brown went too far by posting the letter on Twitter (similar stunt as streaming the locker room video). Even if the argument was heated, you donít threaten your employer. To top it off he punted the ball and challenged Mayock to fine him again.

    Now, there could be something to Mayock wanting to get out of the contract - but thatís pure speculation. The fact is that Antonio Brown is the problem.
    Iím not saying Brown isnít a problem but every chance Mayock he has ripped him to the media. He could just tell the media that they will handle it internally.

    The frostbite, itís a stupid mistake but thatís all I think it was. I highly doubt he wanted to be frostbitten. The helmet thing, definitely a stupid and trivial thing but players are superstitious, Mayock antagonized him by giving him an ultimatum through the media while Gruden was supportive of him. Posting the letter was childish, but he was fined 40K for missing camp on the 18th and we didnít here anything from him. He didnít participate in a walk through on the 22nd, judging by the wording of the letter and ABís history, he probably received the letter very recently. Almost 2 weeks go by before you receive the fine, thatís probably why he reacted the way he did as he probably felt like he was actually being fined for something that wasnít a fine able offense and they used that as a reason to fine him. Iím sure the NFL can fine Brown for posting the fine notice, Mayock knows at this point he and Brown have no hope of talking anything out, he shouldíve went through either the NFL or Gruden to handle it.

    Brown is a cancer unlike any the NFL has ever seen, heís absolutely a problem. There is no doubt about that. But Mayock is absolutely making this situation a lot more worse than it needs to be, at this point there isnít even any hope of trading him to another team to receive draft picks so Mayock can reach with them again. Their best hope is that they can void his contract and hope he implodes again on another team. Although on the off chance he turns it around Mayock looks even worse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,276
    I look at as if Mayock is standing up to him. No kid gloves Just doing his job and isn’t going to let a superstar player push the organization around.

    I say good on you Mayock.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,342
    Brown is the bad guy.

    He earned the fines.

    He has no business complaining about them.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím not saying Brown isnít a problem but every chance Mayock he has ripped him to the media. He could just tell the media that they will handle it internally.

    The frostbite, itís a stupid mistake but thatís all I think it was. I highly doubt he wanted to be frostbitten. The helmet thing, definitely a stupid and trivial thing but players are superstitious, Mayock antagonized him by giving him an ultimatum through the media while Gruden was supportive of him. Posting the letter was childish, but he was fined 40K for missing camp on the 18th and we didnít here anything from him. He didnít participate in a walk through on the 22nd, judging by the wording of the letter and ABís history, he probably received the letter very recently. Almost 2 weeks go by before you receive the fine, thatís probably why he reacted the way he did as he probably felt like he was actually being fined for something that wasnít a fine able offense and they used that as a reason to fine him. Iím sure the NFL can fine Brown for posting the fine notice, Mayock knows at this point he and Brown have no hope of talking anything out, he shouldíve went through either the NFL or Gruden to handle it.

    Brown is a cancer unlike any the NFL has ever seen, heís absolutely a problem. There is no doubt about that. But Mayock is absolutely making this situation a lot more worse than it needs to be, at this point there isnít even any hope of trading him to another team to receive draft picks so Mayock can reach with them again. Their best hope is that they can void his contract and hope he implodes again on another team. Although on the off chance he turns it around Mayock looks even worse.
    The addition of ďbutĒ shifts the blame to Mayock. If AB did his job we would have never heard from Mayock.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,084
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I look at as if Mayock is standing up to him. No kid gloves Just doing his job and isn’t going to let a superstar player push the organization around.

    I say good on you Mayock.
    Good post, gotta spread.

    This is where I am at on this as well. AB punked his way out of Pittsburgh and I think it got to his head that he is in total control. I am glad the organization is letting him know who really is in control and that acting like a complete ass does have its consequences.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The addition of ďbutĒ shifts the blame to Mayock. If AB did his job we would have never heard from Mayock.
    Iím not trying to shift blame from Brown to Mayock, Iím trying to give Mayock some of the blame for his role in this as well. Iíve already stated that Brown is a cancer, but this was known before the Raiders got him and such they shouldíve had a better plan in place than good cop bad cop in regards to his antics.

    I understand that Mayock wants to set a standard for the team that shows no one is above anyone else and you need to be committed to the team. But I wouldnít give someone an ultimatum through the media, thatís Mayock stooping to Brownís level IMO. Brown deserves everything heís getting, but Mayock IMO escalated this situation to levels it didnít need to go to.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,342
    Just heard on ESPN radio that Brown initiated the confrontation and Mayock tried to diffuse the situation by expressing that he understood Brownís displeasure and then walked away.

    Brown was apparently cursing and even called Mayock a racial slur that is used against white people and refers to a food often eaten with cheese.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,296
    I hope Brown stays with the team all year...he's like a "chaos machine" that makes everyone around him crazy and distracted
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,508
    AB should've watched the Broke 30 for 30


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •