Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1636
  1. #1366
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Heard on the radio that Suggs is supposedly not going to report to any team, unless it’s the Ravens.

    I guess that means he plans on retiring, if the story is true and a different team claims him.
    I am not sure what he's got left in the tank, but I can only imagine he'd play his best ball of the year in Baltimore. One more little piece would make them that much more formidable.

  2. #1367
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Heard on the radio that Suggs is supposedly not going to report to any team, unless it’s the Ravens.

    I guess that means he plans on retiring, if the story is true and a different team claims him.
    Which is exactly why I think New England would claim him. The Ravens aren’t great at pressuring QBs without blitzing and Suggs could help there. And with New England potentially running into Baltimore in the playoffs they could just eliminate them finding a potential solution to that problem by claiming Suggs.

  3. #1368
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Which is exactly why I think New England would claim him. The Ravens aren’t great at pressuring QBs without blitzing and Suggs could help there. And with New England potentially running into Baltimore in the playoffs they could just eliminate them finding a potential solution to that problem by claiming Suggs.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-waiver-wire

    Says that The Titans might be making a move to land him.

  4. #1369
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Yikes, Ian Rapoport says that Kitchens will likely return as HC in Cleveland next season. That organization never fully gets it!!

  5. #1370
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yikes, Ian Rapoport says that Kitchens will likely return as HC in Cleveland next season. That organization never fully gets it!!
    I think continuity would be good for them. They’ve kind of had a season like the Eagles when they created the “dream team” in FA way back. But I still like the pieces they added and I do think Baker is much better than what he’s shown. The humble pie they’ve been served will be a good motivator for next season

  6. #1371
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Philly still in the race, but cmon, last minute score against Washington!!! Oh well, a win's a win! Dallas has to stay with them today.

    Houston deserves the division, by winning in Tennessee.

    I pull for The Pack, but not a convincing win over Chicago. Again....it's a win.

    Last game in Oakland!

  7. #1372
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    San Fran plays all those great games and is barely ahead of Atlanta. They are banged up on D, but still. Jimmy and company need to be putting up more points on a lowly competitor.

  8. #1373
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    OK....just like that a forced error giving them the ball in a very nice position.

  9. #1374
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Not a good look SF.....losing to the Falcons.

  10. #1375
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,768
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not a good look SF.....losing to the Falcons.
    Nope, that is a really damaging loss that just can't happen when your gunning for HF.

    Great finish, I'm glad they got the TD at the end because they got completely hosed on the play before which IMO was a catch all day long, and if they hadn't of scored on the next play I think that gets talked about all week.

    Who would of thought we would still have these disputed catches with the wonderful new rules lol

  11. #1376
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,711
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think continuity would be good for them. They’ve kind of had a season like the Eagles when they created the “dream team” in FA way back. But I still like the pieces they added and I do think Baker is much better than what he’s shown. The humble pie they’ve been served will be a good motivator for next season
    Continuity is often good, but not when you've got a bad HC. A lot of people disagreed with me last offseason when I said that the Browns would be 8-8 at best this year because they made a horrible decision at HC. The team played hard for Greg Williams, but they wanted to keep Kitchens as OC. None of their coaching candidates wanted to keep him, so they then hired Kitchens as HC. Very reminiscent to San Fran in 2015 when they hired Jim Tomsula as HC because no one they interviewed wanted to keep him.

    The Browns need to rip off the bandaid immediately at the end of the season and hire an experienced HC who can manage the personalities they have. Someone who will actually have credibility. Otherwise next year will be similar (if not worse) and they'll be firing Kitchens midseason.

    They should reach out to Urban Meyer (unlikely to get), Jim Harbaugh, and Mike McCarthy once the season ends. Frankly Josh McDaniels might not be a bad hire either based on the personnel they have.

  12. #1377
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,341
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Nope, that is a really damaging loss that just can't happen when your gunning for HF.

    Great finish, I'm glad they got the TD at the end because they got completely hosed on the play before which IMO was a catch all day long, and if they hadn't of scored on the next play I think that gets talked about all week.

    Who would of thought we would still have these disputed catches with the wonderful new rules lol
    Ha ha...I see you snuck in that catch comment! OK Bronx, I'll give you this much. Although I definitely prefer the current catch rule, that first one was very hard to assess. For me, if the ball hit the ground and started moving right after, it was a ground supported catch. BUT, he might have caught it, secured it as it hit the ground, and after that he ended up with it between his legs and every body part possible! I might have called it a catch, as long as the ground did not keep it in his hands. But sure enough, the very next play was almost as hard to call, given how close he made it by. Therefore I agree that they deserved at least one of them!

    Still like the catch rule way better....BUT, that one was iffy.

  13. #1378
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Continuity is often good, but not when you've got a bad HC. A lot of people disagreed with me last offseason when I said that the Browns would be 8-8 at best this year because they made a horrible decision at HC. The team played hard for Greg Williams, but they wanted to keep Kitchens as OC. None of their coaching candidates wanted to keep him, so they then hired Kitchens as HC. Very reminiscent to San Fran in 2015 when they hired Jim Tomsula as HC because no one they interviewed wanted to keep him.

    The Browns need to rip off the bandaid immediately at the end of the season and hire an experienced HC who can manage the personalities they have. Someone who will actually have credibility. Otherwise next year will be similar (if not worse) and they'll be firing Kitchens midseason.

    They should reach out to Urban Meyer (unlikely to get), Jim Harbaugh, and Mike McCarthy once the season ends. Frankly Josh McDaniels might not be a bad hire either based on the personnel they have.
    Williams was in my top 5 for us to hire. The Jets suck, but you can tell those defensive players love playing for him. I'm on the fence with Kitchens. There's bad vibes with that team. Today I saw Jarvis yelling at him on the sidelines.

    I would want nothing to do with Mike McCarthy if I were them, though. McDaniels is actually a pretty good idea, I think.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-15-2019 at 08:16 PM.

  14. #1379
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Williams was in my top 5 for us to hire. The Jets suck, but you can tell those defensive players love playing for him. I'm on the fence with Kitchens. There's bad vibes with that team. Today I saw Jarvis yelling at him on the sidelines.

    I would want nothing to do with Mike McCarthy if I were them, though. McDaniels is actually a pretty good idea, I think.
    I don't think the team respects Kitchens. He'd never been a head coach at any level, and his half season last year was the only time he had ever been a Coordinator. And then in the summer through now with the way he talked in the media, acting like he had Belichick's resume without having done much of anything. He just came across as a guy in way over his head.

    Another name I'd consider if I were them (if he gets fired) is Anthony Lynn. His players play hard for him, and you can tell they respect him, they just don't have a QB. And the fact that he made a point of hiring experienced coordinators in San Diego, tell me he's a guy who knows his shortcomings and will surround himself with smart people.

  15. #1380
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think the team respects Kitchens. He'd never been a head coach at any level, and his half season last year was the only time he had ever been a Coordinator. And then in the summer through now with the way he talked in the media, acting like he had Belichick's resume without having done much of anything. He just came across as a guy in way over his head.

    Another name I'd consider if I were them (if he gets fired) is Anthony Lynn. His players play hard for him, and you can tell they respect him, they just don't have a QB. And the fact that he made a point of hiring experienced coordinators in San Diego, tell me he's a guy who knows his shortcomings and will surround himself with smart people.
    When it comes to the Chargers, I think it might be a Phillip Rivers thing.

    The only reason the Broncos made it to the playoffs in 2011 is because the Chargers decided to save Norv Turner’s job for one more season.

    I would be careful about using the “play hard for the coach” reasoning.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •