Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Did y'all hear about the Baker hand-shake snub pregame last night?

I always liked Baker but it's just starting to get to be too much drama. I'm beginning to turn on the guy.

I bet he ends up a Raider before he retires
    That seemed to set the tone for the game. I'm curious as to why he did that.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I always liked Baker but it's just starting to get to be too much drama. I'm beginning to turn on the guy.

So....it appears he shook hands with everyone, even Sherman. So apparently it was because he started running right after the toss. Maybe that's a no no. But he did shake hands.

Regardless, if it motivated them even more, it definitely worked in the favour of The 49ers. As a young QB, I would absolutely not want to tick defenders off! Make that, any QB.

It feels like he bought into his own hype and the hype about the team in the offseason. That and I still feel like Chubb should be the focal point of the offense although I didnít watch the game last night

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It feels like he bought into his own hype and the hype about the team in the offseason. That and I still feel like Chubb should be the focal point of the offense although I didn’t watch the game last night
    Mayfield was king of the world last year...#1 pick and all. Had a good season for a rookie.

But this year he seems confused. He's got more weapons, but partly because his Oline is porous at times, he is quite ineffective. And you know how it goes, brash and even cocky are ok when you are doing well, but not so when you are underperforming.

I have him in one fantasy league, and I am about to get rid of him. You know how it goes, when you have fantasy players, you soon learn a lot about them. He has not lived up this year. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws.

All in all, provided the Oline can help Chubb, he needs the ball, like you say. Let OBJ catch and run, and stop being a gimmick at times. I don't mind him running with the ball, or even passing, but he is paid for his WR skills, and too much of the other stuff is not a bonus.

Wow, didn't know they played on Wednesday night. The Cards are up 13-0 over Atlanta, but it's still early.

…………..oh sorry, it's the baseball game!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That seemed to set the tone for the game. I'm curious as to why he did that.
    Mayfield did shake hands. Now I'm curious as to why Sherman lied about it. Odd.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Sherman must have a very, very short memory. Clear as day that Mayfield was not snubbing anyone. And the bad news, it distorts the image of another player, which is not a good thing given Mayfield probably already has his dissenters....some of whom who will forget that Sherman caused this whole thing.

It's a shame, because Sherman is a smart man, but he apparently still has a noisy side to him.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-09-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sherman must have a very, very short memory. Clear as day that Mayfield was not snubbing anyone. And the bad news, it distorts the image of another player, which is not a good thing given Mayfield probably already has his dissenters....some of whom who will forget that Sherman caused this whole thing.

It's a shame, because Sherman is a smart man, but he apparently still has a noisy side to him.
    Yeah. Sherman is a smart guy. He HAD to have known that there would be multiple cameras on the pregame shake/coin toss on a national televised game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah. Sherman is a smart guy. He HAD to have known that there would be multiple cameras on the pregame shake/coin toss on a national televised game.....
    I know what you mean. He's smart from an education perspective, which sometimes equates to smart.

How does NE win the superbowl then have the easiest schedule in the NFL
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Someone told me (on the MB) that schedules were made out years in advance. Never checked to see if it was correct.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Someone told me (on the MB) that schedules were made out years in advance. Never checked to see if it was correct.

It is....all formula. So it looks biased but the only subjective part is the home/away and when they play...which factors in of course.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Part if it has to do with being in one of the worst divisions in football. They are basically guaranteed 6 games each year with a high probability of success. Recently I noted that they seldom have more than 2 teams in that division above 500. Often they only have one. As for the other part, yes, schedules are made years ahead, but it almost appears rigged that the best team in the NFL this century hardly ever gets a tough schedule.....year after year. Maybe they just ask Kraft who he wants to play a few years ahead, and then give him win/loss forecasts, to help make decisions.

But here's how it's worded:

NFL regular season matchups are determined according to a scheduling formula. Within a division, all four teams play fourteen out of their sixteen games against common opponents – two games (home and away) are played against the other three teams in the division, while one game is held against all the members of a division from the NFC and a division from the AFC as determined by a rotating cycle (three years for the conference the team is in, and four years in the conference they are not in). The other two games are intraconference games, determined by the standings of the previous year – for example, if a team finishes first in its division, it will play two other first-place teams in its conference, while a team that finishes last would play two other last-place teams in the conference. In total, each team plays sixteen games and has one bye week, where they do not play any games.

I just heard on ThatsGoodPodcasts New England's schedule this season is the easiest in NFL HISTORY
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I just heard on ThatsGoodPodcasts New England's schedule this season is the easiest in NFL HISTORY
    If you just count current records of the teams they play this season, and double up for The Bills, Jets and Dolphins, the current combined record of Pats' opponents this year is 29 and 47. Sounds pretty easy to me.