Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
    Wow...
    Kinda lost for words...
    8secods left, and that happens?

I live pretty much right inbetween PIT and CLE, so ima hear about this for the next 2 weeks until they play again..

Sad.. It's sad..
    A former first overall draft pick, ripping a helmet off, and swinging it as a weapon(and connecting)
    Forget the fines.
    Even the suspension..
    That kind of act is boarderline career ending.. In my opinion.
    Legal action could very well come down on Garrett. In my eyes, that's assault.

One thing I don't understand, that didn't get talked about

What about Pouncy?
    I understand sticking up for you guys. But throwing punches, and kicking a guy while he's pinned down doesn't warrant a ejection?
    Then throwing down your body weight into a punch?

How many games you think? Garrett could be out for a very long time. Intent to injure, not once but twice. I think he's done this year.

Pouncey will get 3-4 I'm thinking. The swinging was understandable, but the attempted kick will be under the microscope. In fact, it might be judged almost as badly as Garrett's stupid actions.

My goodness, Cleveland also gave 2 players concussions. They are so undisciplined, I can't believe they even won tonight. Mind you, take out Conner, JuJu and anther starter, and sure, it didn't help The Steelers, even though Rudolph sucked.

Myles Garrett when his suspension is over.

Should be interesting seeing them play again in just 2 weeks, in Pittsburgh. I doubt there will be any incidences, but the fans will be loud and angry.

I predict that The Steelers will kick butt, but in a football way.....as long as they can field a full O.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Wow finally some excitement

Miles Garrett with the hitting of opposing QB in the unprotected head with QB's own HELMET............ he might be done for the YEAR for that one
    He might be watching the rest of the Browns season from behind bars. I wonder if he hung out with Burfict before his departure from cincy to Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by DEN4EVER View Post
    Wow...
    Kinda lost for words...
    8secods left, and that happens?

I live pretty much right inbetween PIT and CLE, so ima hear about this for the next 2 weeks until they play again..

Sad.. It's sad..
    A former first overall draft pick, ripping a helmet off, and swinging it as a weapon(and connecting)
    Forget the fines.
    Even the suspension..
    That kind of act is boarderline career ending.. In my opinion.
    Legal action could very well come down on Garrett. In my eyes, that's assault.

One thing I don't understand, that didn't get talked about

What about Pouncy?
    I understand sticking up for you guys. But throwing punches, and kicking a guy while he's pinned down doesn't warrant a ejection?
    Then throwing down your body weight into a punch?
    I am by no means condoning what Myles Garrett did however am I the only one that saw Mason Rudolph push Myles Garrett helmet off of his head as they were falling to the ground?

I donít know how in the heck his helmet ended up back down completely back on Garretts head but I saw Rudolph in a split-second trusting upward knocking the helmet at least halfway off setting up the whole retaliation.

Pouncy did get ejected.
    My bad.

Ima take a wild guess, and say he's done this season (Garrett) and all of next.

Could hand out a lifetime ban from the NFL. You just cannot do that. It's violent, and with all the protections for qbs, the hammer is gonna come down hard, as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I am by no means condoning what Myles Garrett did however am I the only one that saw Mason Rudolph push Myles Garrett helmet off of his head as they were falling to the ground?

I donít know how in the heck his helmet ended up back down completely back on Garretts head but I saw Rudolph in a split-second trusting upward knocking the helmet at least halfway off setting up the whole retaliation.
    I seen it aswell.
    That happened while they were scrumaging on the ground, after Garrett's late toss of Rudolph.

So I can understand ripping his helmet off, but to use it as a weapon?
    That could of EASILY gashed open Rudolph, cause a concussion, broke his nose, took out teeth..

If a NCAA player did that, theyd be dismissed from their team, and more then likely, their school..

Hard to imagine somebody with Garrett's stature doing something this egerious, this violent..

Being from the Cleveland area, I'm low-key worried about dudes career ending on that play..

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/how-long-will-myles-garretts-suspensio

CLEVELAND — Following his in-game brawl with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph, it's not a matter of if Myles Garrett will be suspended, but for how long.

On Thursday, the Cleveland Browns star defensive end found himself entangled on the ground with Rudolph in the closing seconds of the Browns' 21-17 victory at FirstEnergy Stadium. As the two rose up, the fight only escalated, with Garrett ripping off Rudolph's helmet and swinging it -- and connecting with -- the Steelers quarterback's head.

Garrett was ejected from the contest as the result of his actions, as were Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi and Pittsburgh offensive tackle Maurkice Pouncey. After the game, Garrett, his teammates and coaches all seemed resigned the reality the Pro Bowl defensive end will soon be serving a suspension -- it's now just a matter of how long it will be.

In determining how long Garrett will be barred from playing for the Browns, there are some factors for the NFL to consider, including:
    Precedent

As noted by James Palmer of the NFL Network, this isn't the first time an NFL player has ripped a helmet off of an opposing player and hit him in the head with it. In the 2013 preseason, Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith did the same to Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito -- albeit in much less dramatic fashion.

Smith was ultimately suspended for the final two preseason games, as well as Week 1 of the 2013 NFL season. So that's likely the baseline of what Garrett is looking at.
    National spotlight

Considering the magnitude of Thursday night's game -- a primetime, nationally televised affair -- it's probably unlikely the NFL would compare Garrett swinging his helmet at Rudolph to something that happened in a preseason game six years ago. What's more is that Rudolph is a quarterback -- a position the NFL has historically attempted to protect -- as noted by the signal-caller's agent on Twitter after the game.

In addition to the Smith-Incognito altercation, Garrett's actions on Thursday drew comparisons to former Tennessee Titans defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who stomped on the head of Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Andre Gurode in 2006. Haynesworth was suspended five games, which at the time was the NFL longest suspension for an on-field act before Oakland Raiders linebacker Vontez Burfict was suspended 12 games for an illegal hit earlier this season.
    Garrett's history

Speaking of Burfict, it's worth noting that his season-ending suspension came as the result of his repeat offender status. And while Garrett doesn't have the same history as Burfict, he has also battled being labeled a dirty player even prior to Thursday.

Earlier this season, the No. 1 pick of the 2017 NFL Draft was fined $10,527 for hitting Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker in the Browns' Week 1 loss. The following week, Garrett was fined a total of $42,112 for two separate roughing the passer penalties on New York Jets quarterback Trevor Sieman, one of which resulted in a season-ending injury.

As for how much those prior offenses will factor into Garrett's upcoming punishment, that remains to be seen. But the culmination of the circumstances could ultimately result in Cleveland being without the cornerstone of its defense for the foreseeable future.
    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...3-f0dfc3119d3f
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

What's so strange about this is that earlier in the game I saw repeated displays of opposing knuckle bumps after slight injuries and other stoppages. I thought to myself - this doesn't seem like PITT and CLE.

I think what happened was Mason Rudolph got so frustrated by his horrible turnover filled night that when he took that sack late with time bleeding away, and Garrett playing past the whistle and past the pass leaving the QB's hand ........ Mason kind of snapped. But Garrett wasn't going to have any of it. He just took it WAY too far. Luckily for us -there was a little life in that game. And luckily for Rudolph he didn't lose his red nose........or have his skull cracked open. Earlier in the year he was ruled out because of a nasty hit.

VERY interesting indeed that these teams play again ...... in PITT this time in just 2 weeks. I don't expect to see any of that. Nor do I see the point in for payback of any type. I'm sure the teams will be warned f they DO incite more avenging violence, punishments will have no tolerance.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

In the aftermath....

One morning later, and most of the sports world knows all about this situation. It will be on sports shows all day, and beyond. The video will be under a microscope, and though we can not hear what was said, the tape is pretty extensive.

I think it started with a sack gone wrong, and some verbiage that may or may not have been off the charts in terms of potential blow up. But there was anger in that moment that escalated.

I do think Rudolph had pulled Garrett's helmet off a bit, so it has to be determined if he was aggressive enough to get a suspension.

What followed was chaos. And Garrett has no defense. He almost violently ripped off Rudolph's helmet, which would be suspension worthy (you could break someone's neck), but using it like a weapon was a severe act. Had he connected squarely, who knows what damage could have been done. Two suspensionable acts, both potentially injuring. He should miss the rest of the season.

Pouncey was understandably angry, and in defensive mode. I was ok with him swinging at Garrett. But he went too far when he took a weak but obvious kick towards Garrett's head, as he lay on the ground. His foot caught someone's leg I believe. He will be suspended, possibly 3-4 games.

Then Cleveland's Ogunjobi pushed Rudolph to the ground. I am not sure this is a suspension, but I could see 1 game, because The NFL wants to protect the QBs. It was late, and there was no point him forcing him to the ground.

Lets see what happens gang.

Browns are gonna Browns.

What you're looking at here, in 2015, was no ejection, $3500.00 fine, no suspension, no complaint from Amari Cooper, and an appeal of said fine by Adam Jones:

In Garrett's case, less argument could be made for "heat of the moment", I don't know how much worse hitting a guy WITH the helmet is than slamming the back of his head into it, and Mason Rudolph is apparently demanding satisfaction. lol.

Also, Rudolph is a quarterback, and the game was on prime time as opposed to a Sunday afternoon. So, let's say they suspend him for 2 games. That would be ok with me. That would probably draw the ire of Steeler Nation and the all powerful Rooney family. It will probably be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Browns are gonna Browns.
    Even though they won last night, against a very injured team with an obvious newbie QB, there is something about this team's chemistry that makes me think they will implode by year end. Obviously they will be without Garrett for a while. But they have "characters", and that's what some of them are, that do not speak team first. OBJ is a showboat. Hunt brings issues. Mayfield seems like he is regressing, and more concerned about his hairstyle. The Coach is one or two losses away from possible termination. When things go bad on the field, this group may simply go "me first" to some degree.

I give The Raiders credit, because they were known as the bad boys of football. But Mayock and Gruden stressed character in the draft....and sure, they gambled on AB, but that did not last long. But they have started a turnaround in my opinion, and with a load of good draft picks ahead, they could actually be building a solid team that we will have to take seriously for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    What you're looking at here, in 2015, was no ejection, $3500.00 fine, no suspension, no complaint from Amari Cooper, and an appeal of said fine by Adam Jones:

In Garrett's case, less argument could be made for "heat of the moment", I don't know how much worse hitting a guy WITH the helmet is than slamming the back of his head into it, and Mason Rudolph is apparently demanding satisfaction. lol.

Also, Rudolph is a quarterback, and the game was on prime time as opposed to a Sunday afternoon. So, let's say they suspend him for 2 games. That would be ok with me. That would probably draw the ire of Steeler Nation and the all powerful Rooney family. It will probably be worse.
    Hey pal.... (though you are not predicting it) I really don't see 2 games in the cards. I think The NFL will throw the book at this guy, because they need to display their support for QBs, plus he made 2 fairly violent physical acts, that could both have caused severe injury.

Down deep, I think Rudolph might have said some nasties, which we can not hear. But The NFL might be able to uncover. Regardless, no room for that form of physicality. Same goes for Pouncey...though he was right to defend his QB, he went too far. You can only give these men some benefit of the doubt. But the acts speak for themselves.