Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 692
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,856
    Lamarís first passing TD was an RPO short pass over the middle with a broken tackle. Second passing TD came on 3rd and 3 from the gun. Three rushers stood straight like it was the Pro Bowl. Lamar had all day and Brown had 2-3 steps separation. Third passing TD came on 2nd and 8 from the gun and Snead easily beat his guy on the post route with no help over the top. Miami rushed four with no pressure. Fourth passing TD came on 3rd and goal and Lamar made a nice pass under pressure going backward. Miamiís secondary lost track of Boykin wide open. Fifth passing TD came on 2nd and goal from the 2 on an RPO (after the deep pass to the TE).

    Aside from the touchdowns Lamar did a nice job making quick decisions off the RPO with short, accurate throws. Ravens kept Miami off balance with play calls and runs that setup the pass.

    Credit Lamar for making the most of a really bad Miami defense. A defense that appeared to quit before kickoff. He played well and weíll see how he holds up against better defenses.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,454
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yeah I heard the rumor yesterday that Miami is tanking the whole season for the draft. I really hope that's not true.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Lamarís first passing TD was an RPO short pass over the middle with a broken tackle. Second passing TD came on 3rd and 3 from the gun. Three rushers stood straight like it was the Pro Bowl. Lamar had all day and Brown had 2-3 steps separation. Third passing TD came on 2nd and 8 from the gun and Snead easily beat his guy on the post route with no help over the top. Miami rushed four with no pressure. Fourth passing TD came on 3rd and goal and Lamar made a nice pass under pressure going backward. Miamiís secondary lost track of Boykin wide open. Fifth passing TD came on 2nd and goal from the 2 on an RPO (after the deep pass to the TE).

    Aside from the touchdowns Lamar did a nice job making quick decisions off the RPO with short, accurate throws. Ravens kept Miami off balance with play calls and runs that setup the pass.

    Credit Lamar for making the most of a really bad Miami defense. A defense that appeared to quit before kickoff. He played well and weíll see how he holds up against better defenses.
    A lot of the TDs were cover 0 whether called or because the safeties were fooled by run fakes. Brown and Boykin are way too fast to leave the CB on an island like that. Hurst and Andrews are too fast for LBs and too big for Safeties, and Snead is a savvy route runner that can get a CB turned around to get open.

    I donít expect any other team to play defense against the Ravens like this. But it does give the defense a conundrum, you almost have to play 8 in the box because the run game is so good but you canít afford to leave your CBs on an island against Brown who is one of if not the fastest player on the field at all times and Boykin who is a huge target that also runs a 4.3. Jacksonís mechanics were a lot better yesterday than last season, if he can keep these mechanics and not revert to old habits he poses such a nightmare for defenses because the skill players he has around him compliment his skill set so well that this team will be hard to stop.

    Not every game will be like this for Jackson or the team but I do think they will be a lot better on offense than many expected this season.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,167
    A couple of good pass rushers will send him back to old habits.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,919
    I missed the bad news with Kyler Murray, but he sure made things happen later in the game. I actually think the refs did not give him the benefit of the doubt on a PI or two, which would have won the game for them. I see a good future based on the evidence.....and the fact it was his first ever game.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    A lot of the TDs were cover 0 whether called or because the safeties were fooled by run fakes. Brown and Boykin are way too fast to leave the CB on an island like that. Hurst and Andrews are too fast for LBs and too big for Safeties, and Snead is a savvy route runner that can get a CB turned around to get open.

    I donít expect any other team to play defense against the Ravens like this. But it does give the defense a conundrum, you almost have to play 8 in the box because the run game is so good but you canít afford to leave your CBs on an island against Brown who is one of if not the fastest player on the field at all times and Boykin who is a huge target that also runs a 4.3. Jacksonís mechanics were a lot better yesterday than last season, if he can keep these mechanics and not revert to old habits he poses such a nightmare for defenses because the skill players he has around him compliment his skill set so well that this team will be hard to stop.

    Not every game will be like this for Jackson or the team but I do think they will be a lot better on offense than many expected this season.
    Great points. It was easy throw and catch with the protection. Lamar needs to learn to slide on the run plays otherwise heís going to get injured.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,456
    Looks like Maliq Jackson injured his foot pretty bad
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,496
    I hate this greenish yellow down marker on the bottom, makes me think itís a flag every play

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,167
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I hate this greenish yellow down marker on the bottom, makes me think it’s a flag every play
    I was thinking the same thing.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,496
    So much for Laremy Tunsil fixing the oline. He looks fine, the rest still garbage. Who wouldíve thought trading 3 linemen and only getting 1 in return would make your line still suck

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I hate this greenish yellow down marker on the bottom, makes me think itís a flag every play
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Same. Itís annoying.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So much for Laremy Tunsil fixing the oline. He looks fine, the rest still garbage. Who wouldíve thought trading 3 linemen and only getting 1 in return would make your line still suck
    Texans pass, pass, pass like theyíre 3 scores down. Only one run play in two series.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,856
    What a catch by Fuller. Wow!

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,456
    I'm really getting sick of this officiating crap
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,496
    Great play call but with Watson moving gingerly maybe shouldíve went out of bounds and let Hyde pound it or throw a fade to Hopkins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •