Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1636
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He wasn't really punished. He's a vested veteran, he will be paid the rest of his salary for the year no matter what. He's a decent veteran player on will now go on waivers, there's a decent chance that a team looking to get better for the playoffs may put in a claim for him. He didn't have any guaranteed money left on his contract, so now he will likely become a free agent and have the chance to sign a contract with guarantees for 2020 and possibly beyond.

So let's review how he was "punished": He still gets paid every dime on his contract for 2019. Instead of being with the Giants for 3 more weeks than his season being done, he will either be claimed by, or have the chance to sign with a playoff team, if he clears waivers. And he's likely to be a free agent for 2020 where he will get more guaranteed money.

If that's punishment I really wish someone would punish me...
    Very literal use of interpretation.

We can dissect words if we like. Saying he was punished by the organization was exactly what happened. They took action against him, by releasing him. That's somewhere in the universe of punishment, or discipline. Pick whichever word you want.

OK...he was not punished. He was kindly allowed to look elsewhere, though not asked to return.

If I had lost my job in that way, I think I would have felt punished. Especially as for how I was released. Some people here have commented that it might be too stiff. So, in their eyes, does stiff have anything to do with the disciplinary action taken towards him? If so, that's punishment.

But again, very, very literal take.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-14-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    And organization weakens itself over a word that has been only relatively recently deemed offensive...not said on the field. Not said in uniform, but via twitter while bantering with a troll..

Where do they draw the line ? If their starting rookie QB said it would he be gone? The owner? Head coach?

Na. This is weak sauce.....
    Did you read the parts about him not performing as well, being highly critical of the D Coordinator....and maybe final straw, saying a word you just don't say towards folks. He may be a thorn in their side for all we know. The first 3 items are enough, if deemed that way by the Giants' leadership.

Lots of big games this weekend! Philly better beat Washington, and hopefully LA R beat Dallas. Houston/Tenn is a game for first. GB and Chicago is a big rivalry, and has meaning for both. Hoping Buffalo takes Pitt, given it could catch The Pats, though not this week thanks to "strength of schedule", or shall I call The Bengals, "weakness of schedule"? Teah, not looking good, The pats have another weakness of schedule game against Miami.

And KC has to hold off our boys, which will not be an easy feat. Mind you, it's more about seeding than anything else for KC. OK, I believe we are mathematically still in it....not to diminish the importance of another victory. I am resigned to the fact that I am happy with the way we are ending the season, on a much, much better note.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-14-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Very literal use of interpretation.

We can dissect words if we like. Saying he was punished by the organization was exactly what happened. They took action against him, by releasing him. That's somewhere in the universe of punishment, or discipline. Pick whichever word you want.

OK...he was not punished. He was kindly allowed to look elsewhere, though not asked to return.

If I had lost my job in that way, I think I would have felt punished. Especially as for how I was released. Some people here have commented that it might be too stiff. So, in their eyes, does stiff have anything to do with the disciplinary action taken towards him? If so, that's punishment.

But again, very, very literal take.
    You say it's too literal, and then once again claim he was punished. I would again point out that in being "punished" he's going to benefit in a bunch of different ways. This "punishment" might be the best thing that happened to him in a long time.

And you losing your job is much different than a vested NFL veteran losing their job after week 1 of the season. Vested veterans on a roster for week 1 have their salaries guaranteed. Him losing his job and you losing your job are in no way similar. And regardless of whether anyone believes it was too stiff, too lenient, just right. The fact of the matter is that he's going to end up no worse than he would have being on the Giants roster (actually he'll end up at worst better because he'll get paid with no punishment to his body...at worst) and more than likely better off.

Whether you all want to argue it's "too literal" doesn't matter, in reality he's going to be the same or better after he was "punished" as you said.

Did you read the parts about him not performing as well, being highly critical of the D Coordinator....and maybe final straw, saying a word you just don't say towards folks. He may be a thorn in their side for all we know. The first 3 items are enough, if deemed that way by the Giants' leadership.

Did you read the parts about him likely benefiting from said punishment? Him criticizing the Giants DC was probably him trying to get waived, turns out he just needed to use a word that is now offensive on the quickly ever expanding list of things that are offensive. BTW the Giants are 27th in the league in yards against, 28th in points against, and rank in the bottom third in every major defensive category. Maybe he was just saying what everyone (players and fans alike) actually think about the job done by the DC.

And since the Giants are rumoured to be replacing their entire staff at the end of the season, that would also point out that his criticism is right.

I did and stand by what I said,., their D is so bad maybe the coordinator needs to be criticized. And maybe that’s why his performance fails... look what what happened to our elite CB,s when forced to play zone or far off the opposing WR...their performance wen down..,

Those comments can be interpreted many ways...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You say it's too literal, and then once again claim he was punished. I would again point out that in being "punished" he's going to benefit in a bunch of different ways. This "punishment" might be the best thing that happened to him in a long time.

And you losing your job is much different than a vested NFL veteran losing their job after week 1 of the season. Vested veterans on a roster for week 1 have their salaries guaranteed. Him losing his job and you losing your job are in no way similar. And regardless of whether anyone believes it was too stiff, too lenient, just right. The fact of the matter is that he's going to end up no worse than he would have being on the Giants roster (actually he'll end up at worst better because he'll get paid with no punishment to his body...at worst) and more than likely better off.

Whether you all want to argue it's "too literal" doesn't matter, in reality he's going to be the same or better after he was "punished" as you said.
    Is that what I am arguing? In my books he was at least one of the following....disciplined, penalized, punished, reprimanded, slapped on the wrist, terminated, sent packing, let go, pushed out the door, asked not to come back, given a pink slip, withheld the door key.

You can say he was not, and I'll leave it there. We are off track regardless. I simply inserted the word punished and I say he was, or something similar to. Maybe his life is better now. I don't think so. For as far as I can tell, he's got a worse reputation, and may not be in big demand with other teams.

All in all, he said a very foolish thing, and di not apologize. And thus, he deserves some form of discipline in my books.

Lets disagree ok.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-14-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I did and stand by what I said,., their D is so bad maybe the coordinator needs to be criticized. And maybe that’s why his performance fails... look what what happened to our elite CB,s when forced to play zone or far off the opposing WR...their performance wen down..,

That could very well be the case and if that is so they shouldn't hide behind a tweet as a primary reason.

I guess "maybe's" are a good way to end this discussion. Facts are, his performance level has declined, he is critical of his Coordinator, and he said a very insensitive thing, and did not apologize. Sounds like a reasonable strike 3 situation to me.

Anyway, anyone want to talk about this weekend's games?

Another question....do any of you follow Cynthia Frelund, I mean, for her analysis? I think she is pretty good overall. Number cruncher for sure.

But tell me, is NFL Network trying to sway some of us...

I wonder if the Patriots put a claim in for Suggs just to keep him away from Baltimore. I can Bill being petty like that

Another question....do any of you follow Cynthia Frelund, I mean, for her analysis? I think she is pretty good overall. Number cruncher for sure.

But tell me, is NFL Network trying to sway some of us...

Definitely trying to sway people but good lord look at those heels

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Definitely trying to sway people but good lord look at those heels
    Is that what gets your attention?

Ha ha

Seriously, not totally crazy about her approach, but she seems pretty accurate. Still need to verify her projections overall, but in fantasy, I sometimes have used her projections to determine which players to go with. If she says a high score, I might lean towards my offensive players on that team, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I wonder if the Patriots put a claim in for Suggs just to keep him away from Baltimore. I can Bill being petty like that
    Heard on the radio that Suggs is supposedly not going to report to any team, unless its the Ravens.

I guess that means he plans on retiring, if the story is true and a different team claims him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!