Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    He just got another one. Look like Trev's ankle was broken on this one. Tough break fro Trev. He's not a bad guy, feel bad for him.
    I was out for a walk and missed it. Hope itís not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Two bogus calls. Itís to the point now where you need to have a QB not afraid to take the hit and let them collect 15 yard penalties all game long.
    I get trying to protect the quarterback but itís beyond ridiculous.

Trevor is a mentally tough dude. I don't think we've seen the last of him in the NFL.

Yeah, no kidding Gase. LeVeon needs the rock.

At this point I'm not seeing a playoff team with the Brownies. That upcoming schedule is brutal.

I forgot how fast Beckham was

Mentioned it elsewhere, but The Giants have made the move to bench Elil, and bring in Jones. Thought this was going to happen, but maybe a bit alter. I actually think this young player will be a success. Time for them to move forward, lock in their QB and RB, and build a better mousetrap.

Greetings from sunny Scotland. Not long now until I head down to London for the two games at Wembley, will perhaps go to a game at the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium next season.... looks a brilliant stadium. Anyway.... with one of the games Iím going to being the Texans v Jags, I was hoping to see an improved Jags with Foles instead of Bortles.... so much for that. Which brings me to the point of this post. A guy over here said this on one of our NFL forums, and we all found it very funny. Hope it translates!...

The new Jags QB. Gardner Minshew. His name sounds like a drunk Scottish guy phoning his girlfriend to tell her ĎGod, I miss youí.

Go on, put on your best Scottish accent and slur your words while saying his name.

😀

Bucs OLB Shaq Barrett was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 2.

Barrett was giving the Panthers and LT Daryl Williams all kinds of trouble off the right side last Thursday night. He recorded three sacks and a combined eight sacks, hits, and hurries of Cam Newton. The free-agent pickup out of Denver, Barrett has four sacks through two games for new DC Todd Bowles.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Greetings from sunny Scotland. Not long now until I head down to London for the two games at Wembley, will perhaps go to a game at the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium next season.... looks a brilliant stadium. Anyway.... with one of the games I’m going to being the Texans v Jags, I was hoping to see an improved Jags with Foles instead of Bortles.... so much for that. Which brings me to the point of this post. A guy over here said this on one of our NFL forums, and we all found it very funny. Hope it translates!...

The new Jags QB. Gardner Minshew. His name sounds like a drunk Scottish guy phoning his girlfriend to tell her ‘God, I miss you’.

Go on, put on your best Scottish accent and slur your words while saying his name.

��

Sorry you're going to miss Foles. I'm sure you'll still have a great time.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Peanut: yeah, I love my trips to Wembley for real, meaningful NFL. My wife and I have been going every year since 2010 - when the Broncos came over.

No matter who the two competing teams are, we wear our Broncos jerseys. The atmosphere is great, fans wearing shirts of all 32 teams. We have seen some great games, and some not so great. Last year we went to the Jags v Eagles. Have to say, the Eagles fans were brilliant. Came over in huge numbers. Lots of them were in our hotel. We came in wearing our Broncos jerseys and we ended up drinking all night in the bar with them.

A tough crowd though. They booed the Jags cheerleaders, they booed the Jags drumline, and they even booed Jaxon DeVille the mascot. It was funny as hell.

We need the Broncos to come back though!

Peanut: yeah, I love my trips to Wembley for real, meaningful NFL. My wife and I have been going every year since 2010 - when the Broncos came over.

No matter who the two competing teams are, we wear our Broncos jerseys. The atmosphere is great, fans wearing shirts of all 32 teams. We have seen some great games, and some not so great. Last year we went to the Jags v Eagles. Have to say, the Eagles fans were brilliant. Came over in huge numbers. Lots of them were in our hotel. We came in wearing our Broncos jerseys and we ended up drinking all night in the bar with them.

A tough crowd though. They booed the Jags cheerleaders, they booed the Jags drumline, and they even booed Jaxon DeVille the mascot. It was funny as hell.

We need the Broncos to come back though!
    I'm going to the 2 Wembley games as well, its always a good day.

Unfortunately we always seem to get the dud match-ups and this year looks the same. Rarely do they send a good match-up to the UK, unlike Mexico who keep getting top class games.

The atmosphere is OK but nothing like games I've been to in the states, although I guess with a crowd that cheers for both teams its never going to be the same as one with 95% of the stadium rooting for one side.

Bronx: Not sure we can accuse the NFL of sending Ďdudí matchups. Thereís no guarantees in any matchup. Iíve seen some great Wembley games, and the Lions game where they won with a last gasp field goal was a brilliant game, and one of the Jaguars games was really exciting, Bortles was actually great. Yes, I said it. Bortles was great. 😀

One of the recent games that looked great on paper was the Dolphins v Saints, and it was absolutely dreadful. We have had divisional games, this year we are getting the Rams, who were in last seasonís Super Bowl.

I think that after this seasonís London games, only the Packers of the 32 teams havenít been over. Itís been a great run. From one game to four. Four games, an hourís flight away from my home. Sure, some teams giving up home games are those with Ďstadium issuesí, but itís still a big deal. Teams are only guaranteed 8 regular season home games, and on gamedays, that means a lot to the local economy in many of the cities involved. I can fully understand resentment from fans in the USA to see games coming over here.

I donít begrudge Mexico City their game, nor do I feel that they get sent good matchups while we donít. That stadium in Mexico City looks like a complete dump though. Looks like itís falling to pieces, and hasnít had much investment in it. Wembley and the new Spurs place are fabulous modern venues.

The atmosphere at Wembley is good, but you are correct, it is not like a game in the USA. It simply cannot be. Thereís a certain amount of fans in London who follow the two competing teams, but mostly itís a neutral crowd - people like me and my wife, who love the games and go wearing our Broncos jerseys. We are however, never likely to go mental at 3rd downs for either team, unlike the time we were at Denver v New England.... we came over in what turned out to be the Super Bowl 50 season for the winter game in which we won in OT. Osweiler had a great night, handed it off to CJ Anderson, and we sent the evil empire home with their tail between their legs. What a night that was. The atmosphere was electric, under the lights, in the snow. Wembley cannot match that.

The other games Iíve been to in the USA have been the Jets v the Evil Empire at MetLife, and the Redskins v Cowgirls at FedEx.

Anyway, Iím looking forward to the Texans v Dysfunctional Jags, and Bengals v Rams. Nearly time to iron and pack my ĎWembley 10í custom Broncos jersey!
    Last edited by pozbaird; 09-19-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Bronx: Not sure we can accuse the NFL of sending Ďdudí matchups. Thereís no guarantees in any matchup. Iíve seen some great Wembley games, and the Lions game where they won with a last gasp field goal was a brilliant game, and one of the Jaguars games was really exciting, Bortles was actually great. Yes, I said it. Bortles was great. 😀

One of the recent games that looked great on paper was the Dolphins v Saints, and it was absolutely dreadful. We have had divisional games, this year we are getting the Rams, who were in last seasonís Super Bowl.

I donít begrudge Mexico City their game, nor do I feel that they get sent good matchups while we donít. That stadium in Mexico City looks like a complete dump though. Looks like itís falling to pieces, and hasnít had much investment in it. Wembley and the new Spurs place are fabulous modern venues.
    I just think too often the match-ups look pretty bad when they are chosen and play out that way. The Dolphins v Saints game did not look great IMO because the Dolphins were not a very good side, I enjoyed the Bills and Jags game but again both teams had terrible records and were well out of the playoff hunt so it was little more then a glorified friendly.

I hear a lot that we have had Brady and this year we get the Rams but IMO that is flawed logic because they are always matched up against a bottom feeder so we know they will win easily and all you see is Brady or Goff coast through the game in 2nd gear.

Its the usual good team (Rams) against the bottom feeder (Bengals) so that match-up is predictable. We are unlucky that Foles is injured and that can't be helped but again we will get a 'decent' team in Houston against a team with a low round rookie QB who will almost certainly have a awful record.

While in Mexico they were given a match-up between 2 of the best teams and 2 of the best QB's...... unsurprisingly it was a great game.

This year they get the Chiefs and Chargers and get to watch 2 top QB's in what is likely to be a great game.

They get studs and we get duds.

In all the games we have had how many involved 2 top QB's against each other ? The ONLY one I can think of was NO against SD with Bree's and Rivers and that was probably the best game we have had.

Bronx: Not sure we can accuse the NFL of sending ‘dud’ matchups. There’s no guarantees in any matchup. I’ve seen some great Wembley games, and the Lions game where they won with a last gasp field goal was a brilliant game, and one of the Jaguars games was really exciting, Bortles was actually great. Yes, I said it. Bortles was great. ��

One of the recent games that looked great on paper was the Dolphins v Saints, and it was absolutely dreadful. We have had divisional games, this year we are getting the Rams, who were in last season’s Super Bowl.

I think that after this season’s London games, only the Packers of the 32 teams haven’t been over. It’s been a great run. From one game to four. Four games, an hour’s flight away from my home. Sure, some teams giving up home games are those with ‘stadium issues’, but it’s still a big deal. Teams are only guaranteed 8 regular season home games, and on gamedays, that means a lot to the local economy in many of the cities involved. I can fully understand resentment from fans in the USA to see games coming over here.

I don’t begrudge Mexico City their game, nor do I feel that they get sent good matchups while we don’t. That stadium in Mexico City looks like a complete dump though. Looks like it’s falling to pieces, and hasn’t had much investment in it. Wembley and the new Spurs place are fabulous modern venues.

The atmosphere at Wembley is good, but you are correct, it is not like a game in the USA. It simply cannot be. There’s a certain amount of fans in London who follow the two competing teams, but mostly it’s a neutral crowd - people like me and my wife, who love the games and go wearing our Broncos jerseys. We are however, never likely to go mental at 3rd downs for either team, unlike the time we were at Denver v New England.... we came over in what turned out to be the Super Bowl 50 season for the winter game in which we won in OT. Osweiler had a great night, handed it off to CJ Anderson, and we sent the evil empire home with their tail between their legs. What a night that was. The atmosphere was electric, under the lights, in the snow. Wembley cannot match that.

The other games I’ve been to in the USA have been the Jets v the Evil Empire at MetLife, and the Redskins v Cowgirls at FedEx.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the Texans v Dysfunctional Jags, and Bengals v Rams. Nearly time to iron and pack my ‘Wembley 10’ custom Broncos jersey!
    2015 pats vs broncos, great game to be at, my wife and i were also there, thats awesome you got to experience that!

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

I get so confused with these team outfits. Why are the Titans wearing colors that arenít their colors.

Sometimes the Rams wear Blue and White helmets and then Blue and Gold helmets. Donít get it.