Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1350
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    In the aftermath....

One morning later, and most of the sports world knows all about this situation. It will be on sports shows all day, and beyond. The video will be under a microscope, and though we can not hear what was said, the tape is pretty extensive.

I think it started with a sack gone wrong, and some verbiage that may or may not have been off the charts in terms of potential blow up. But there was anger in that moment that escalated.

I do think Rudolph had pulled Garrett's helmet off a bit, so it has to be determined if he was aggressive enough to get a suspension.

What followed was chaos. And Garrett has no defense. He almost violently ripped off Rudolph's helmet, which would be suspension worthy (you could break someone's neck), but using it like a weapon was a severe act. Had he connected squarely, who knows what damage could have been done. Two suspensionable acts, both potentially injuring. He should miss the rest of the season.

Pouncey was understandably angry, and in defensive mode. I was ok with him swinging at Garrett. But he went too far when he took a weak but obvious kick towards Garrett's head, as he lay on the ground. His foot caught someone's leg I believe. He will be suspended, possibly 3-4 games.

Then Cleveland's Ogunjobi pushed Rudolph to the ground. I am not sure this is a suspension, but I could see 1 game, because The NFL wants to protect the QBs. It was late, and there was no point him forcing him to the ground.

Lets see what happens gang.
    OMG....The NFL and me on the same wavelength. I need a drink!

To change topics.....I know that our games overlap, but that Baltimore/Houston battle will be very interesting. Two of the best QBs going head to head. Both young, both super talented! Wish they played at a different time.

To change topics.....I know that our games overlap, but that Baltimore/Houston battle will be very interesting. Two of the best QBs going head to head. Both young, both super talented! Wish they played at a different time.
    Iím taking the Ravens 31-24

If only the Garrett incident had happened ten yards farther back than it did..... we could have had a once-in-a-lifetime headline....

Rudolph the endzone rage clear.

Oh so close.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    If only the Garrett incident had happened ten yards farther back than it did..... we could have had a once-in-a-lifetime headline....

Oh so close.
    Quite a reach .........but I can appreciate such efforts
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Iíll get my coat on my way out the forum!... for what itís worth, hereís my take on the incident... I donít think Garrett particularly tried to hurt Rudolph, I donít think he hit him particularly late, low, or too hard. I donít even think he deliberately put all his body weight on Rudolph. What I think he did do, and shouldnít have, was to wrestle Rudolph to the ground. However, I cannot help but think if Garrett had wrestled, letís say, Andrew Luck to the ground, Luck would have handled it with a degree of humour, and it wouldnít have escalated.

I do not know what verbal exchanges went on, but it looked to me like Rudolph definitely had a go at Garrettís helmet. Garrett lost it, totally flipped, and seemed to want to show Rudolph how you rip someoneís helmet off properly. He was completely out of control, and fully deserves the suspension handed down.

Pouncey was nearly as bad, trying to kick a guy in the head while heís down... and how poor was his attempted kick anyway? Our own Jamie Gillan would have taken his head right off!

Anyway... embarrassing scenes. The NFL, who get it in the neck a lot, seem to have acted correctly, and swiftly, in this particular case. I would have also handed Rudolph a suspension, but it probably hurts the Steelers more to know heíll still be their starting QB next week. 😀

Oh so close.
    Yeah....it's a reach, but I come from that same assembly line.

What if he got smacked in the face, and had a few drops of blood...

Rudolph The Red Nosed Stained Gear

Yeah....it's a reach, but I come from that same assembly line.

What if he got smacked in the face, and had a few drops of blood...

Rudolph The Red Nosed Stained Gear

I like what you did there. 😎

I like what you did there. ��
    You got the thing started pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m taking the Ravens 31-24
    I am trying to make a prediction, but this one is all over the map for me. But I am quite confident that both young star QBs will show their goods. This is entertaining football, and I love it! I am a bit envious of teams with guys named Jackson, Watson, Mahomes at the helm. They may not win it all, but they are so fun to watch! And they should be playing at a high level for a number of years.

Not the best weekend in football, though my Winnipeg Blue Bombers are off to The Grey Cup!! CONGRATZ GANG!!

Baltimore kicked Houston, in a week of lots of one sided games.

Philly and NE is pretty close, but dull. Wentz seems slower than ever.

Not a great weekend so far ('cept for my Bombers!!!)

There are lots of good teams in the league, mainly in the NFC, but no top dominant team IMO.

I think the NFC will have some great playoff games, the 2 AFC wildcard teams are going to be cannon fodder... teams like Indy, Oakland, and Buffalo have no chance of winning in Baltimore, KC, or NE

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    There are lots of good teams in the league, mainly in the NFC, but no top dominant team IMO.

I think the NFC will have some great playoff games, the 2 AFC wildcard teams are going to be cannon fodder... teams like Indy, Oakland, and Buffalo have no chance of winning in Baltimore, KC, or NE
    I agree Bronx. I noticed this trend a ways back. Lots of good NFC teams - SF, GB, NO, Seattle, Minnesota, maybe The Rams, maybe The Eagles. Whereas The AFC is - NE, Baltimore and then a secondary tier that includes teams like Indy, Houston, KC and one or two more. Having said that, the gap may be reducing a bit since I started taking note. NE and Baltimore can beat anyone, and I suspect one or two other AFC teams are in the contention mix. KC might regain that status later.

I guess it's still early, but at this moment, I only count about 6 teams that have a legit shot at the crown.

I agree Bronx. I noticed this trend a ways back. Lots of good NFC teams - SF, GB, NO, Seattle, Minnesota, maybe The Rams, maybe The Eagles. Whereas The AFC is - NE, Baltimore and then a secondary tier that includes teams like Indy, Houston, KC and one or two more. Having said that, the gap may be reducing a bit since I started taking note. NE and Baltimore can beat anyone, and I suspect one or two other AFC teams are in the contention mix. KC might regain that status later.

I guess it's still early, but at this moment, I only count about 6 teams that have a legit shot at the crown.
    I would hate to see NE in the SB again but they will get homefield and the chances of them losing at home in the playoffs are slim. I think the only team who would have a chance is KC if they are healthy, they can light up the scoreboard if its there day. I think NE at home in January would find a way to contain Lamar Jackson and make him beat them with his arm, which I can't see him doing consistently.

In the NFC you could make a case right now for about 8 teams being SB contenders.

Seriously, where was this version of Eddie Piniero when we played Chicago???