Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    Fugly game tonite so far

Even the Pats look like amateurs
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

omg the officiating .......... god forbid Brady gets knocked off his feet
    Red 98

That Pats defense is locking it down against those easy opponents. They're giving up less than a TD a game so far
    Red 98

Can we please commit a penalty on NE?

Giants defense is actually trying to compete tonight
    Red 98

Yeah....another less than stellar game by The Patsies and yet they will probably win based on who they are playing. Buffalo had them, but lost their QB.

Back to the schedule thing, I mentioned teams against this year are currently 29 and 47, but if they win tonight their 6 and 0 record will consist of beating teams that are a combined 7 and 22....which is 24.1%. Hmmmmm

Brady is going for the TD title this year. He is hogging the ball near the goal line!!

Clearly PI on The Pats, one that the ref should have called....but when challenged The NFL hardly ever overturns them, because The NFL did not want this type of challenge. Therefore it has to be a blatant miss by the refs.

Why bother? The NFL always wins at their petty games.

League went ahead and fined Earl Thomas for the hit on Rudolph:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...pension-update

Not surprised. In a league where you've got defensive players getting flagged for falling down the wrong way in a quarterback's general vicinity, there probably has to be some kind of recourse for a quarterback getting knocked completely unconscious on his feet. Otherwise, what's the point? If a clean hit still results in a knock out, why are we flagging guys for inadvertently bumping a quarterback's helmet or pushing them too hard when the ball is being thrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

Not surprised. In a league where you've got defensive players getting flagged for falling down the wrong way in a quarterback's general vicinity, there probably has to be some kind of recourse for a quarterback getting knocked completely unconscious on his feet. Otherwise, what's the point? If a clean hit still results in a knock out, why are we flagging guys for inadvertently bumping a quarterback's helmet or pushing them too hard when the ball is being thrown?
    They have to seriously get back to letting players play, especially defenders who are unsure of what they can do....and you can not have indecision at football speed. I detest seeing a textbook play turn into a roughing call!! Those are often big penalties, because they extend drives. Throw in a minor brush off a Dback, and next thing you know, you have 6 points.

Don't call those borderline fouls, or make them 5 yarders.

In my opinion, when The NFL "thinks" that scoring is good, they forgot to ask fans if ref aided drives is the approach we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

I cant recall who suggested a rule change in the thread. Give a 5 yard penalty for inadvertent contact, e.g. defender hand brushing the QBs head after trying to strip the ball or block a pass. Something like they do with the punters - 15 yards for a true roughing vs something minor.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    They have to seriously get back to letting players play, especially defenders who are unsure of what they can do....and you can not have indecision at football speed. I detest seeing a textbook play turn into a roughing call!! Those are often big penalties, because they extend drives. Throw in a minor brush off a Dback, and next thing you know, you have 6 points.

Don't call those borderline fouls, or make them 5 yarders.

In my opinion, when The NFL "thinks" that scoring is good, they forgot to ask fans if ref aided drives is the approach we want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I can’t recall who suggested a rule change in the thread. Give a 5 yard penalty for inadvertent contact, e.g. defender hand brushing the QB’s head after trying to strip the ball or block a pass. Something like they do with the punters - 15 yards for a true roughing vs something minor.
    No doubt it may have been said before (by a number of folks), somewhere...but I believe I just suggested it. I've thought that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    No doubt it may have been said before (by a number of folks), somewhere...but I believe I just suggested it. I've thought that way for a while.
    I need to wear my reading glasses! With the rule change to allow challenges on PI calls they might as well add roughing the passer. Too many bad calls every week.

Its funny but its no coincidence that when you are watching a really good game and enjoying it there are very few flags thrown and the refs are letting them play, the game flows better and teams have to truly earn yards and points by making plays rather then getting bail out calls.

I liked the fact that Brady tweeted out the other week that he was turning the TNF game off as it was unwatchable with all the flags thrown, that is how fans feel a lot of the time.

To me it is simple and always has been, ONLY throw a flag if it is a blatant and clear foul. Too often there are ticky tack flags and the refs are told to throw them if there is ANY contact. IMO that is completely wrong, if it is close then don't throw it and let the game flow. I think fans would enjoy the games far more if this was the case.

I have never understood how the NFL don't see that all the rules and flags they bring into the game are only harming it as a spectacle, I know people over here in the UK who enjoy the sport but have been turned off by the numerous rules and flags, its just not something we get with our sport over here, the game flows properly whether its football, cricket, rugby, etc.......... and refs don't decide games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I cant recall who suggested a rule change in the thread. Give a 5 yard penalty for inadvertent contact, e.g. defender hand brushing the QBs head after trying to strip the ball or block a pass. Something like they do with the punters - 15 yards for a true roughing vs something minor.
    Theyre already not supposed to call minor brushes to the head but they do anyway.

They eliminated the five yard face mask penalty and now call everything a fifteen yarder even though theyre not supposed to.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!