Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    A bit premature but I am looking forward to next week's MNF, with Seattle visiting San Fran. Wilson is amazing this year, and SF will want to make a point....as will Sherman no doubt.
    Yes! I circled that one on my schedule too. I'd say here and now I'm picking Seattle if they were at home. But going to SF .............. I still might pick em, but need to do a little research
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Yes! I circled that one on my schedule too. I'd say here and now I'm picking Seattle if they were at home. But going to SF .............. I still might pick em, but need to do a little research
    This might be a game of the season event. I know, it could turn out quite the opposite. But Seattle and Wilson will be trying to make a statement, as in, we're definitely in the Power Ranking mix....and SF will be primed to keep their unblemished record, knowing that there are some who still do not buy in to their status. And as mentioned, the blood will be flowing with the likes of Sherman and others, coming to play!

Yes, In Seattle and I'd probably give them a 1-2 point edge, but in SF, I'm thinking 2-3 points in favour of the 49ers.

Wilson has been incredible, but this D might be able to contain him a bit better than others, which could mean victory for the home team.

Wonder if Gordon will be any kind of factor in the end.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-05-2019 at 12:26 PM.

I am not posting this too lessen the importance of The Broncs victory, but to admit how wrong I was (in preseason) about The Cleveland Browns chances this season.

Back in the spring, with the additions of OBJ, Richardson, Vernon, Kareem Hunt and others, and with the maturation of their skilled draft picks from a year before - Mayfield, Ward, Chubb and some seemingly talented others (Callaway), I thought that this was going to be the year that they not only made the playoffs, but made some real noise. Turns out they are not a playoff bound team, and if anything, they are imploding! Hard to imagine, but they might be back into the high draft pick mode....already!

The antics are becoming more noteworthy than the play itself. OBJ with his watches, and shoes. Mayfield with at least 3 different facial hair styles, all within one actual game day!!! FTR, OBJ has but 1 TD this year, and Mayfield basically sucks! Heck, they actually canned DB Whitehead for his threatening tweets! This team has gone off the tracks it appears, and I don't doubt the coach will be history, soon.

What a shame....maybe sham is the better word.

Once again, it must be tough being a Browns' fan.

So, Cam's done. Wonder where he shows up next season? Denver is not the place.

And will Minshew stay in Jax? Hmmm...might be some interest from elsewhere.

And Teddy looks reddy to start somewhere himself
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    And Teddy looks reddy to start somewhere himself
    Love to see Teddy get to start again!!!

IMO he should be fully recognized for those 5 games he started....keeping The Saints in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Love to see Teddy get to start again!!!

IMO he should be fully recognized for those 5 games he started....keeping The Saints in the mix.
    Fully recognized? Like paid? He is getting a fully guaranteed 7.25 million this season...and the recognition comes with free agency next year...in the form of multiple big offers...

I do t see where anything else is warranted. He did a job he was paid to do,,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

2020 might see a substantial changeover in QBs. Whether that be QBs going to different teams, or even retirement, I can see a pretty large facelift across the league. For one thing, we don't know who will start for us. Then you wonder where these guys might be....Newton, Dalton, Mariota, Bridgewater, Minshew, and several others. Then there's that Brady talk. And Luck???

And of course, who will be hunting down QBs in the draft??? Maybe us??????

And lets never forget Cleveland!!! Ha ha....Mayfield might be a Hair Stylist come next season.

On January 13, 2015, Bridgewater was selected as the quarterback of the 2014 NFL All-Rookie team by the Pro Football Writers of America. Bridgewater also won the 2014 Pepsi Rookie of the Year award, as voted by fans

On January 25, 2016, he was named to his first Pro Bowl.

During a team practice on August 30, 2016, Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury to his left leg. A subsequent MRI confirmed that he tore his ACL and suffered other structural damage, including a dislocation of the knee joint. As a result, Bridgewater missed the rest of the 2016 season. He has played minimally in the 2017 and 2018 seasons, with a total of 23 pass attempts.

This year Teddy is 5 and 0, with a passer rate of 98.9! He kept The Saints in the race while Brees recovered. His salary - $7.25M, for one year.

My take: I pull for this man. He had a really good start to his career, but was set way back due to injury. I hope he now gets his shot to make some good coin, because the way he was tracking, going into his third year, he would definitely be earning $20M plus per year, at this point. So....I want the man to get all the money he can, because he suffered more than in a physical way, and hopefully some team will give him a legit shot, and yes, a very good payday.

I'm on his side!!!

Go Teddy!!!!

If we're going to bring in another "aging" veteran quarterback, I vote for Teddy Bridgewater.

Quote Originally Posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
    If we're going to bring in another "aging" veteran quarterback, I vote for Teddy Bridgewater.
    I think Teddy priced himself out of Denver as a possible landing spot.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think Teddy priced himself out of Denver as a possible landing spot.
    It's all good.....

FOR TEDDY!!!

Hard to believe, but whoever wins tonight, especially if it's Oakland, has a decent chance at the playoffs. At 5 and 4, The Raiders would be a divisional and wild card threat. And if The Chargers win, 5 and 5 would keep them in the conversation. And the healthier they get, the more they could be coming on, as the season progresses.

Nice interview with Josh Jacobs before the game. Seems like a really good young man, who grew up very poor.....but made the most of it.

I like him.

Rivers is looking slow again tonight.