Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Terrible roughing call on McCoy. Itís no longer about bad calls. Itís become very clear the NFL officiating is corrupt. Thatís a call to help Rodgers, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Terrible roughing call on McCoy. It’s no longer about bad calls. It’s become very clear the NFL officiating is corrupt. That’s a call to help Rodgers, no doubt.
    Not sure if corrupt but the NFL itself has it's own officials confused imho .......... let alone the rest of the world
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Pittsburgh is looking like the Steelers of 10+ years ago. While people across the league have been giving them respect during this decade, I've never really been enamored. But they just look different now.

I think times up for Big Ben. I wonder if he's hung out to dry next season. And no I don't want him. ...... well -- no I don't. He would probably improve the team

LOL did you just see Aaron Rodgers get the bogus roughing the passer call in his own endzone .......... he caught the flag while laying on his back
    yea that was a great D stand by Carolina to force GB to punt in their own EZ and now the referee gives them 15 yards, a first down, and now they are driving.

It is absolutely disgusting how the NFL refs make so many shocking calls that change games. The NFL needs to have a good look in the mirror because it is getting embarrassing how little common sense is being applied by these joke of referees.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    yea that was a great D stand by Carolina to force GB to punt in their own EZ and now the referee gives them 15 yards, a first down, and now they are driving.

It is absolutely disgusting how the NFL refs make so many shocking calls that change games. The NFL needs to have a good look in the mirror because it is getting embarrassing how little common sense is being applied by these joke of referees.
    The NFL is behind this. It's not the refs although there DOES seem to be quite the large influx of new officials last couple seasons. ....... NFL changing rules has everyone not knowing what's what anymore.

It's wrong for players to be fined for saying anything negative about officiating too. Someone's got to hold their feet to the fire. And because I believe it's not the refs fault so much as it is the NFL, the NFL is basically fining players for saying anything bad about the NFL ..........even if it's right and true and accurate

I hate to suggest any more changes because if the NFL can screw it up - they will, but ....... 1 extra replay official up in the box who can VETO any call or non - call is needed. We need one ref using real time technology to make sure these games are being decided by the teams ............not officials (NFL)
    Last edited by dizzolve; 11-10-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    Red 98

The NFL is behind this. It's not the refs although there DOES seem to be quite the large influx of new officials last couple seasons. ....... NFL changing rules has everyone not knowing what's what anymore.

It's wrong for players to be fined for saying anything negative about officiating too. Someone's got to hold their feet to the fire. And because I believe it's not the refs fault so much as it is the NFL, the NFL is basically fining players for saying anything bad about the NFL ..........even if it's right and true and accurate

I hate to suggest any more changes because if the NFL can screw it up - they will, but ....... 1 extra replay official up in the box who can VETO any call or non - call is needed. We need one ref using real time technology to make sure these games are being decided by the teams ............not officials (NFL)
    I think there is plenty of blame to go around. The NFL committee meet every off-season to add new ticky tack rules that lead to more flags and makes it harder for the on field refs to officiate.

The other problem is the refs are told if its close to throw a flag, that is completely wrong IMO and they need to let the players play and ONLY throw a flag if its a blatant clear and obvious foul.

Plus the refs generally are of a poor quality that routinely botch calls.

I watch quite a few different sports and the referees impact is very minimal. In the NFL refs play far too big a role and decide games far too often.

As I say though, if you want to keep things really simple and the game flowing better just tell the refs to let close calls go and only throw a flag for a blatant foul. IMO that is common sense and would make a massive difference but the NFL just don't seem to apply it.

I think Torbert is 'slow'
    Red 98

I think there is plenty of blame to go around. The NFL committee meet every off-season to add new ticky tack rules that lead to more flags and makes it harder for the on field refs to officiate.

The other problem is the refs are told if its close to throw a flag, that is completely wrong IMO and they need to let the players play and ONLY throw a flag if its a blatant clear and obvious foul.

Plus the refs generally are of a poor quality that routinely botch calls.

I watch quite a few different sports and the referees impact is very minimal. In the NFL refs play far too big a role and decide games far too often.

As I say though, if you want to keep things really simple and the game flowing better just tell the refs to let close calls go and only throw a flag for a blatant foul. IMO that is common sense and would make a massive difference but the NFL just don't seem to apply it.
    Couldn't really agree more. They actually had to dial them back earlier in the season on Holdings .......remember that? And it DID help
    Red 98

Some justice in the end, although it still probably cost Carolina at least 3 points.

Couldn't really agree more. They actually had to dial them back earlier in the season on Holdings .......remember that? And it DID help
    Yep.

What is odd to me is that in the playoffs you generally get games that flow much better and are a really good watch, and the commentators say that the refs let them play more in the playoffs so the players decide games.

I just don't understand why that only applies in the playoffs and not all season

Not sure if corrupt but the NFL itself has it's own officials confused imho .......... let alone the rest of the world
    At worst itís corrupt, at best itís incompetence. I think it leans toward corrupt because they favor guys like Rodgers. Itís bad but it wonít change because we keep watching the games. As long as enough fans watch and spend money the league has no reason to get it right.

The AFC looks really poor this year.

Pittsburgh is looking like the Steelers of 10+ years ago. While people across the league have been giving them respect during this decade, I've never really been enamored. But they just look different now.

I think times up for Big Ben. I wonder if he's hung out to dry next season. And no I don't want him. ...... well -- no I don't. He would probably improve the team

LOL did you just see Aaron Rodgers get the bogus roughing the passer call in his own endzone .......... he caught the flag while laying on his back
    There was no roughing, but maybe Rodgers gets a 1st down for his excellent reception,,,,of the flag.

Wilson. He carries that team every week in a tough conference. Jackson has done well but most of their games have been against really bad teams in a bad division and there style of offense keeps things simple for him.
    That's what most of the people on TV say (the "experts").

We had the Raven-Bengal game on and I had to change it to the NYG-NYJ game. The way they were going on and on about Jackson. It's like, it's against the Bengals.At least he did more passing today.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

LOL Ron Torbert sounds like he was plucked straight off the streets of Atlanta GA to Referee NFL games
    Red 98

The Dolphins have beaten Indy in Indy.