Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,865
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    He brought that all on himself. Again, can we please stop talking about the money he lost due to his own making and talk about why they keep getting hired.

    You always compare the players who act out in the NFL and what would happen if these guys were in ďregularĒ jobs. Thatís something I always liked about your posts. You always tried to bring their issues to real life.

    ďIf so and so did this in a regular company, heíd be gone. EXACTLY. I get he lost money. That was his own undoing. Iím talking about the broader consequences of living in the real world.

    He should have been fired. He should face consequences and yet, no. He gets picked up by another team to keep playing.

    Sorry, Iím sick of guys like him not experiencing real life consequences.
    I see your point and agree. Purely from the financial side he lost money however, could have lost a lot more had he not been signed by a team. I was talking with my son and with a bit of cynicism said he would sign with the Patriots and sure enough it happened.

    Youíre absolutely right about regular jobs - people are fired for doing much less. I donít know the answer but it doesnít seem right that he can get away with what he did without a suspension. Maybe thatís coming.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    298
    Well, when a player just wants the ring he can simply book to the Patriots. If you're working for rival Pittsburgh, however, there may be a one or two game layover in another city. This was played the way it's been done in basketball.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,630
    I LOVE how rigged sports are. He gets traded to a bad team, acts out, knows that he's going to get cut, and then winds up on NE. The only team in history to go to 7 straight SBs. Thank God I no longer care who wins in any sport. I only vent here because I haven't reinstated my Facebook account...Ö..yet
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,865
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I LOVE how rigged sports are. He gets traded to a bad team, acts out, knows that he's going to get cut, and then winds up on NE. The only team in history to go to 7 straight SBs. Thank God I no longer care who wins in any sport. I only vent here because I haven't reinstated my Facebook account...Ö..yet
    Itís not rigged. Itís irrational to throw away $20 million in guaranteed money. Thatís exactly what Antonio Brownís tantrum cost.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    798
    "AB traded to raiders" ab thinks to himself 'this team aint gonna win their division let alone make the playoffs'.

    AB agent: "act a fool and ask to be released...i got bellicheck on the phone he will sign you".

    AB: DONE! The NFL is scripted

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    1 yr worth up to $15 million with a $9 million singing bonus.
    he can sing?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    "AB traded to raiders" ab thinks to himself 'this team aint gonna win their division let alone make the playoffs'.

    AB agent: "act a fool and ask to be released...i got bellicheck on the phone he will sign you".

    AB: DONE! The NFL is scripted
    Thereís no script for a guy flushing $20 mil guaranteed money down the toilet.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    379
    NE had better hope they keep Brady off the IR list or AB will have another melt down.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,171
    Sadly. He will start weeks 2. Light it up..and buy Brady another deep playoff run/Super Bowl


    The only wrench in that plan is the number of balls thrown his way.... he won’t nearly be getting the numbers of eldeman Brady just doesn’t throw a good deep ball...

    That could bruise the ego and send his crazy into overdrive again.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Brady has Edelman, Gordon, and Brown. Unreal
    Gordon didn't really work out for them last season. I doubt AB will this season. Why NE is fishing in these waters I really don't know.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Sadly. He will start weeks 2. Light it up..and buy Brady another deep playoff run/Super Bowl...
    Or, most likely, he will crash and burn. I'm genuinely worried for AB's health. He doesn't look right at all. Being a diva is one thing. His recent actions have been on a totally different level to that altogether.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,242
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Gordon didn't really work out for them last season. I doubt AB will this season. Why NE is fishing in these waters I really don't know.
    This is just my opinion and a little reality thrown in. BB has whiffed on so many drafts pertaining to the WR position. This last draft was the first time in a long time that they drafted a WR high in Nekeal Harry. As much as people say BB can do no wrong, he's been wrong with this position and for a number of years.

    After Gronk retired and Edelman seems to get hurt all the time, they had an anemic receiving corps. Therefore they went to the free agency pool and re-signed Josh Gordon, and picked up DT and Jabci Myers. However, some of the WR corp has been injured and placed on IR.

    According to Boston sports media, they've been worried about the WR position and therefore were willing to bring Gordon back. Because Josh Gordon is so unreliable and DT was coming off an Achilles, they believe that they have the structure to keep this clowns and divas in line.

    Just on a side note... I keep hearing from ESPN, NFLN and the local media that NE is the ONLY team who can set boundaries around expectations and behaviors. I say hogwash to that narrative. I believe there are other teams who would be able to put in structures and disciplinary codes for an "acting out" player. It angers me when I hear this being said and again as I believe the Broncos are another organization that would not put up with his antics,
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,629
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I smell a cut of DT for NE.
    I'll take him!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,865
    No to DT. Let the young receivers develop. I was a fan of DT until he nearly killed a passenger going 70mph in a 30 zone and wrecked his car. I hope he spends time in prison.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,946
    I hate to say it, but the other 31 teams in The NFL have got to get their act together, because in my opinion, they keep giving NE extra chances to win it all. Not like they can collude, and make it impossible to sign AB. But my fear was that AB would end up in NE, and he did, very quickly! Though I critique The Pats regularly, I give them credit. They have been the smartest organization in this century (yuck!!), and continue to pave the way. Whether it's the coaching, or the QB, or the management, or the "chowda", they win the big ones. Whether other teams choke a little, or whether they play in a weak division....they wrack up the trophies.

    And if you watched last night, even minus AB, you will have seen a team that is ranked #1......again, minus AB. Heck, Josh Gordon was solid! But so was the whole team. Michel did nothing, but who cares? They have at least 2 other backs that keep things moving. And their D is no slouch.

    But as to AB.....Pittsburgh and Oakland did not have the answer. But even though he is a head case, I feel like The Pats will not only manage him, but he will play outstanding football, for at least this season. Not a bad risk for a championship team. A team that has most of the pieces.

    And if he plays to his level of ability, I should start betting on the Pats soon!

    I know, other teams could not handle him, and most folks have issues with him....but this a big, fat, slow pitch heading towards a good, strong bat. I was hoping that one of the other 30 teams (excluding Pittsburgh of course), would make a deal, but not to be. Instead the team with all the marbles scooped him up, and will likely maximize the opportunity. And if so, this will likely be another season to forget.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •