Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Week 1 Injury Report

Oakland's starting Guards are out; Richie Incognito (suspension) and Gabe Jackson (knee). Jordan Devey and either Jonathan Cooper or Denzelle Good will start at Guards. Denver's D is a tough assignment anyway, but harder when missing the starting Guards. He who shall not be named has left the building. Starting WR, J.J. Nelson, starting Backer Nicholas Morrow and backup DL, Corey Liuget are questionable. Also suspended is CB Nevin Lawson.

Todd Davis is doubtful and fellow Inside Backer/ST Joe Jones is out. No news is good news for Josey Jewell, so he will probably start. Alexander Johnson, Keishawn Bierria and Corey Nelson provide depth with Justin Hollins a possibility. Andy Janovich is still out, so when Denver is in two back formations the Fullback will be Andrew Beck. Bryce Callahan is questionable, so we'll need to see how Denver's DB depth is used in the event he isn't on the field. Trey Marshall had a full practice on Saturday and Troy Fumagalli was limited, so we'll wait and see if they are active on Monday. There was no report on Ron Leary, so he may start.

Denver's offense, defense and STs aren't quite at full strength, but are close with depth being tapped at up to two spots on D, one on O and one or two on STs..
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Oakland's starting Guards are out; Richie Incognito (suspension) and Gabe Jackson (knee). Jordan Devey and either Jonathan Cooper or Denzelle Good will start at Guards. Denver's D is a tough assignment anyway, but harder when missing the starting Guards. He who shall not be named has left the building. Starting WR, J.J. Nelson, starting Backer Nicholas Morrow and backup DL, Corey Liuget are questionable. Also suspended is CB Nevin Lawson.

Todd Davis is doubtful and fellow Inside Backer/ST Joe Jones is out. No news is good news for Josey Jewell, so he will probably start. Alexander Johnson, Keishawn Bierria and Corey Nelson provide depth with Justin Hollins a possibility. Andy Janovich is still out, so when Denver is in two back formations the Fullback will be Andrew Beck. Bryce Callahan is questionable, so we'll need to see how Denver's DB depth is used in the event he isn't on the field. Trey Marshall had a full practice on Saturday and Troy Fumagalli was limited, so we'll wait and see if they are active on Monday. There was no report on Ron Leary, so he may start.

Denver's offense, defense and STs aren't quite at full strength, but are close with depth being tapped at up to two spots on D, one on O and one or two on STs..
    I read that Alexander Johnson may be starting next to Jewell, depending if they're running a 3-4 down scheme or not.
    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...-davis-week-1/

Also I'm beginning to think Leary and Callahan are mythical players that don't exist and live in the training room.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I read that Alexander Johnson may be starting next to Jewell, depending if they're running a 3-4 down scheme or not.

Also I'm beginning to think Leary and Callahan are mythical players that don't exist and live in the training room.
    They're very real on the roster... sigh

Are you referring to the training room as a mythical place?

Would that make the athletic trainers unicorns and centaurs?

Are you referring to the training room as a mythical place?

Would that make the athletic trainers unicorns and centaurs?
    A place where athletes go to hide on game day with the centaurs, yes.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

A place where athletes go to hide on game day with the centaurs, yes.
    We'll find out Monday Night. They are either hiding there or they were sent.

If Leary is healthy enough to play, not sure he should start without any preseason reps. We saw how quickly Foles went out today. Seems like it would be better to start Wilkinson.

This is the problem with players like Leary. Too injured to practice, and then too rusty to start on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If Leary is healthy enough to play, not sure he should start without any preseason reps. We saw how quickly Foles went out today. Seems like it would be better to start Wilkinson.
    Hell just get hurt either way, might as well stick him out there now

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    He’ll just get hurt either way, might as well stick him out there now

Right lol so True.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Hell just get hurt either way, might as well stick him out there now
    Im more concerned about him being beat badly and Flacco getting injured.

Munchak will know what to do. Seven OL will most likely be active.

Munchak will know what to do. Seven OL will most likely be active.
    Munchak is the reason I am most excited about watching our team blocking in 2019.

It may be a few regular season weeks before we see it but my guess is we will see some serious team blocking improvements this year.

If we can get this figured out that is a pretty good foundation to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Munchak is the reason I am most excited about watching our team blocking in 2019.

It may be a few regular season weeks before we see it but my guess is we will see some serious team blocking improvements this year.

If we can get this figured out that is a pretty good foundation to build on.
    The O-Linemen who played a lot in preseason showed improvement from the first to the fifth game. Now they are coaching eleven guys and focusing on weekly opponents with a game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I'm not sure he should be on the team.