Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1077
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    +1 for fancy words. We'll call it the Al Michaels award after he snuck in copacetic in to the SNF opening.
    Fanciful! Lol

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Sad thing is with all the jokes about the Dolphins we may be WORSE than the Dolphins. This loss was unacceptable getting beat down like this.
    IMO this team is bottom 5, but Miami is the worst by a large margin. They were raked over the coals at home by a run-first QB who they allowed to throw for a perfect passer rating. But I definitely feel disappointed, I was hoping for 9-7 to end the losing season streak, but that's looking like a pipe dream right now.

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    19,813
    out coached out played got pushed around a lot

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Joe Keenum. Some QBs elevate their teammates, others tank them. There is a reason why Joe is said to always have poor supporting casts and it is not because those players lack talent.
    👍🏼👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Joe Keenum. Some QBs elevate their teammates, others tank them. There is a reason why Joe is said to always have poor supporting casts and it is not because those players lack talent.
    I see, so Joe "tanked" Hamilton.

    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Joe Keenum. Some QBs elevate their teammates, others tank them. There is a reason why Joe is said to always have poor supporting casts and it is not because those players lack talent.
    Way to grab the attention and put it squarely on the QB

    Clearly it was Flacco subbing jerseys with Yiadom on defense... Calling gimick plays, etc...

    Joe was as average as could be but was a far cry from what ails this team tonight.

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,228
    Joe Flacco was one of the only bright spots this game. Not sure what a lot of you are watching.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Joe Keenum. Some QBs elevate their teammates, others tank them. There is a reason why Joe is said to always have poor supporting casts and it is not because those players lack talent.
    Flacco played well all things considered. Starting Leary was a mistake IMO because he had no game reps in preseason. His holding penalty killed the first good drive. Wilkinson gave up a sack after James went out - another setback. Fant brought back the extra yards Sutton gained on a block in the back. Hamilton dropped an easy TD pass. At some point you have to have a bit of objectivity - Flacco canít account for every aspect of the players around him. The offense actually came back in the second half. Scangarello made a few questionable calls which was expected.

  9. #1044
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    VJ had a fair shot with two full seasons with an 11-21 record.

    If youíre going to judge Fangio on one game then your argument for VJ is a canard.

    Give Fangio the same shot and weíll see how he does.
    You guys didnít want to give VJ five games, so I donít want to give Fangio 2 years.

    Yaíll kept saying, without proof, that Fangio is a better head coach. It ainít looking that way right now.

    Weíll see how things go, but thereís zero reason at the moment to think anything has gotten better.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,410
    Looking at the numbers:
    Passing
    Carr 22/26 259
    Flacco 21/31 268

    Recieving
    Williams 105 yards
    Sutton 120 yards

    Rushing
    Broncos 100 yards
    Raiders 98 yards

    Kick returns killed us 101 to 0 as did sacks 3-0.Their tightened got 70 yards receiving ours only 29. Basically nothing changed our offensive line still hasn't gelled or still suck and we still cant cover tight ends. This is why the cut of Sua Cravens confused me.

  11. #1046
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Flacco played well all things considered. Starting Leary was a mistake IMO because he had no game reps in preseason. His holding penalty killed the first good drive. Wilkinson gave up a sack after James went out - another setback. Fant brought back the extra yards Sutton gained on a block in the back. Hamilton dropped an easy TD pass. At some point you have to have a bit of objectivity - Flacco canít account for every aspect of the players around him. The offense actually came back in the second half. Scangarello made a few questionable calls which was expected.
    You are correct but Iím not gonna praise his play either. It really doesnít matter. We lost flat out. Flacco will play his was out by the time Lock comes off ďbogusĒ IR that was to help Flacco feel better about himself. Iím ready to see what Lock can do and will gladly wait until week 9 as we will be out of playoff race by then. If Flacco keeps holding on to the ball too long, heíll be injured by week 4.

  12. #1047
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Joe Keenum. Some QBs elevate their teammates, others tank them. There is a reason why Joe is said to always have poor supporting casts and it is not because those players lack talent.
    There was that one play where Joe threw a bad pass to a wide open receiver that hindered the receiverís ability to turn up field after the catch. He got tackled for a loss.

    However, Flacco wasnít as bad as you want people to believe.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  13. #1048
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    You guys didn’t want to give VJ five games, so I don’t want to give Fangio 2 years.

    Ya’ll kept saying, without proof, that Fangio is a better head coach. It ain’t looking that way right now.

    We’ll see how things go, but there’s zero reason at the moment to think anything has gotten better.
    Who are 'you guys?' Or is this just hyperbole.

    There were a lot of people willing to give him time as a new coach.

    I'm not suggesting you have to agree. You want Fangio gone, that's cool. For me that is to much a knee jerk reaction to a new coach, new OC, and new offensive scheme. But I won't claim that what everyone thinks.

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    There was that one play where Joe threw a bad pass to a wide open receiver that hindered the receiverís ability to turn up field after the catch. He got tackled for a loss.

    However, Flacco wasnít as bad as you want people to believe.
    No. The announcers had a terrible call on that play. Hamilton tripped on his feet and that hindered him from getting a first down. You have to make that play there as a wr.

  15. #1050
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    No. The announcers had a terrible call on that play. Hamilton tripped on his feet and that hindered him from getting a first down. You have to make that play there as a wr.
    Yes he did trip, because Flacco throw the ball to back shoulder instead on leading him towards the sideline which would have been a first down if thrown right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •