Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Results 1,066 to 1,077 of 1077
    I was hoping for a win, but on the road against the Raiders is a tough game.
    Hopefully we can get our act together and win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's about how the Broncos respond now.

I personally think John Gruden is a talented coach. I think he's been thinking about this match up all off season. Whereas I think coach Vic Fangio is so laid back - he probably didn't put anything into it till 'week of' which may be the norm across the league - I dunno. Then the AB thing made the Raiders brass look bad and the players wanted to pick em up.
    I think back to the scrimmage we had with the Niners ........... day one the reports were that the Broncos were completely out matched. They didn't bring any fire to the table. On the other hand day 2 they knew they'd better bring it or they'd get blown out again. Hopefully they understand that lesson here. If so, they can turn things around. Remember the Bears just lost a close game too.

On one hand I like that Vic Fangio is steady emotionally ........ but more emotion can be contagious(see John Gruden). Pair him with Joe 'cool' ...... and things are a little bland. No problem if you're winning.

I think Fangio was outschemed by Gruden - period and our talent couldn't take up for that difference. Scangarello was also outschemed. Trick play in that situation as a rookie in game 1 of this version was a little too ...........wasteful

just some thoughts.
    Excellent thoughts. Totally agree.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Just seemed like we came out waiting to see how OAK would react to all the AB drama rather than bursting through the locker room doors desperate to enforce our will on a potentially distracted opponent. Consequently, we got knocked back on our heels (both sides of the ball), and were playing catch-up the rest of the night.

On the whole, I like Flacco’s “Joe Cool” mentality. He seemed to know that no matter what was going on he’d still find a way to get it to a one score game with a chance before the night was through. That can serve us well more often than not IMHO. That said- the whole team can’t be Zack Morris at Bayside High blowing off a term paper until the night before...

Gruden has a lot more Head Coaching Experience then our lifetime DC turned HC.
    We will see if he can be a successful HC?

Completely agree with this post. We can rant about Fangio, Flacco, Yiadom, Fant, etc., but we are in this position because of Elway. We have a lack of talent and depth, so until we improve our personnel, what we saw last night will continue through this season and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    There was that one play where Joe threw a bad pass to a wide open receiver that hindered the receiver’s ability to turn up field after the catch. He got tackled for a loss.

However, Flacco wasn’t as bad as you want people to believe.
    He did have two fumbles and a complete inability to score. Admittedly the Hamilton drop didn't help, but he's not without blame in this mess.

This is exactly right!

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Flacco was not even close to the problem tonight, I was actually pretty impressed with him. Flacco, Sutton, Sanders, Lindsay were all solid. No one on the defense really comes to mind as having a good game. ZERO QB HITS. That is not an elite defense; that's not even a good defense. I kind of think the offense will figure it out, my real concern with tonight was how pathetic the defense looked out there.

Not good.
    This is the single best game evaluation I have seen on this board. After all the hype, the D was flat and did really nothing. They are far better than they played tonight and hopefully hey beat up on the Bears this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He did have two fumbles and a complete inability to score. Admittedly the Hamilton drop didn't help, but he's not without blame in this mess.
    He also held the ball far too long on several occasions and took sacks instead of throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Neither team had any takeaways or giveaways. Down by contact is not scored as a fumble. If that were the case, there were over ten fumbles last night, maybe more.
    The worst offensive mistakes were not by a player. Calling a run play after a fifty yard completion to the red zone killed momentum.
    Strike while the iron is hot comes to mind.
    Scangerello is young and smart, he will figure it out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    He also held the ball far too long on several occasions and took sacks instead of throw away.
    They were both at critical times in the game too.

One to take them out of FG range, the other to make going for it on 4th a little tougher. I still think they should have gone for it on 4th and 7 rather than kicking the FG.

Recorded the game and watched it this morning without knowing the score. (It kicked off about 3.20am UK time). I actually felt like it was Groundhog Day. It was just like watching the last couple of seasons. (With the addition of an ageing, slow, QB). Vance Joseph was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, Fangio certainly was in this game. Gruden kicked his butt so hard, Fangio will land in Vegas before the Raiders do. Mis-firing offense? Check. Much vaunted ‘top 10’ defense failing to deliver? Check. Penalties, poor play calling, poor clock management? Check. QB being driven into the dirt? Check.

2019/2020 Broncos?, just looked like the last two seasons. If Lindsay gets injured, this team are in huge trouble. There surely has to be an improvement next week. There must be. We cannot be this poor again, can we?.... No-one answer that!

Will tune in from across the pond and watch on TV as always. Here’s hoping there’s at least some signs of life.
    Last edited by pozbaird; 09-10-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I didn't get too finish watching the game til a short time ago. Even though it got ruined for me before I could watch the recording, still wanted to see what happened. Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember hearing Bolles name for holding over and over... I couldn't wait to see what Bryce Callahan would bring to the Broncos... was very disappointed that he was inactive, guess I was unaware of the injury.

I was one who has never been a big Flacco fan, and I was happy with Flacco last night ... Looking forward to a week 2 win.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris