Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1077
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Bronco4Life View Post
    Yes he did trip, because Flacco throw the ball to back shoulder instead on leading him towards the sideline which would have been a first down if thrown right.
    It was not an egregious underthrow at all. Hamilton had a bad game and should've made that play.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    You guys didnít want to give VJ five games, so I donít want to give Fangio 2 years.

Yaíll kept saying, without proof, that Fangio is a better head coach. It ainít looking that way right now.

Weíll see how things go, but thereís zero reason at the moment to think anything has gotten better.
    Please donít lump people together. I wanted VJ to be fired after the first season. There were times toward the end of his first season I wanted him fired. But the fact is that he wasnít fired after one season.

I donít know who said Fangio would be a better coach - can you quote specifically who said that? Whoís ďYaíllĒ?

Itís one game. Donít overreact. There are definitely some areas to improve but there were also some positives.

Yes he did trip, because Flacco throw the ball to back shoulder instead on leading him towards the sideline which would have been a first down if thrown right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    It was not an egregious underthrow at all. Hamilton had a bad game and should've made that play.
    Hamilton did have a bad game but that throw was Flacco error

Nah. Make the play.

So after the fifty yard completion to sanders, which by the way, it took Scangerello three quarters to use Joes deep ball, Scangerello calls a run play. Wrong. Flacco was fired up, and when he gets in the red zone you run the hurry up offense and let Joe use his arm. He gets in this rhythm thing and you cant waste it by running the ball.
    The rushing game can only take off if you have a deep threat QB. Use him deep early, and the defense cant cheat at the line of scrimmage, and the rushing game will succeed.
    PS
    Not using the starters very much during preseason to protect them showed up as a weakness in the teams preparedness.
    You play to win all your preseason games. It is a catalyst for the regular season.
    Denvers defense was not ready for prime time. Chicago is coming and they will need to match them aggressively.
    Bottom line, Scangerello needs to call the deep pass early to open up the running game.

It's about how the Broncos respond now.

I personally think John Gruden is a talented coach. I think he's been thinking about this match up all off season. Whereas I think coach Vic Fangio is so laid back - he probably didn't put anything into it till 'week of' which may be the norm across the league - I dunno. Then the AB thing made the Raiders brass look bad and the players wanted to pick em up.

I think back to the scrimmage we had with the Niners ........... day one the reports were that the Broncos were completely out matched. They didn't bring any fire to the table. On the other hand day 2 they knew they'd better bring it or they'd get blown out again. Hopefully they understand that lesson here. If so, they can turn things around. Remember the Bears just lost a close game too.

On one hand I like that Vic Fangio is steady emotionally ........ but more emotion can be contagious(see John Gruden). Pair him with Joe 'cool' ...... and things are a little bland. No problem if you're winning.

I think Fangio was outschemed by Gruden - period and our talent couldn't take up for that difference. Scangarello was also outschemed. Trick play in that situation as a rookie in game 1 of this version was a little too ...........wasteful

just some thoughts.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

You are correct but Iím not gonna praise his play either. It really doesnít matter. We lost flat out. Flacco will play his was out by the time Lock comes off ďbogusĒ IR that was to help Flacco feel better about himself. Iím ready to see what Lock can do and will gladly wait until week 9 as we will be out of playoff race by then. If Flacco keeps holding on to the ball too long, heíll be injured by week 4.
    From what I understand Lock has a grade 2 tear in the ligament (or worse). When you depend on that thumb for your entire career, you donít take chances. Keeping Lock active with the ability to practice could easily cause setbacks. An injury like that could linger without the proper time to heal. Think about how long it took for Lindsay to heal - different injury but any hand injuries can be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's about how the Broncos respond now.

I personally think John Gruden is a talented coach. I think he's been thinking about this match up all off season. Whereas I think coach Vic Fangio is so laid back - he probably didn't put anything into it till 'week of' which may be the norm across the league - I dunno. Then the AB thing made the Raiders brass look bad and the players wanted to pick em up.

I think back to the scrimmage we had with the Niners ........... day one the reports were that the Broncos were completely out matched. They didn't bring any fire to the table. On the other hand day 2 they knew they'd better bring it or they'd get blown out again. Hopefully they understand that lesson here. If so, they can turn things around. Remember the Bears just lost a close game too.

On one hand I like that Vic Fangio is steady emotionally ........ but more emotion can be contagious(see John Gruden). Pair him with Joe 'cool' ...... and things are a little bland. No problem if you're winning.

I think Fangio was outschemed by Gruden - period and our talent couldn't take up for that difference. Scangarello was also outschemed. Trick play in that situation as a rookie in game 1 of this version was a little too ...........wasteful

just some thoughts.
    Good thoughts.....

Bottom line is even with all the mistakes we saw in this game, we only lost by 8. This team has talent, it just needs to be utilized better. At the end of the day, we all just want our football team to win and if we lose, at least show some emotion and give millions of dollars worth of effort. Play hard! Looking forward to Chicago. Go Broncos!
    Yíall have a good one. Later

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    From what I understand Lock has a grade 2 tear in the ligament (or worse). When you depend on that thumb for your entire career, you donít take chances. Keeping Lock active with the ability to practice could easily cause setbacks. An injury like that could linger without the proper time to heal. Think about how long it took for Lindsay to heal - different injury but any hand injuries can be tricky.
    Agree. Iím not saying put him in if heís not healthy but I am looking forward to seeing the kid bring some energy to this offense. Even if it is next year

Please don’t lump people together. I wanted VJ to be fired after the first season. There were times toward the end of his first season I wanted him fired. But the fact is that he wasn’t fired after one season.

I don’t know who said Fangio would be a better coach - can you quote specifically who said that? Who’s “Ya’ll”?

It’s one game. Don’t overreact. There are definitely some areas to improve but there were also some positives.
    Agree, don't overreact. Just react... I would be surprised if this team gets 5 wins.

Agree. Iím not saying put him in if heís not healthy but I am looking forward to seeing the kid bring some energy to this offense. Even if it is next year
    Agree. On that note Iíve got to close down and get some rest. Cheers and better luck next week.

You are correct but I’m not gonna praise his play either. It really doesn’t matter. We lost flat out. Flacco will play his was out by the time Lock comes off “bogus” IR that was to help Flacco feel better about himself. I’m ready to see what Lock can do and will gladly wait until week 9 as we will be out of playoff race by then. If Flacco keeps holding on to the ball too long, he’ll be injured by week 4.
    "bogus"? First time heard that one.

Oh, and welcome to the MB.

From what I understand Lock has a grade 2 tear in the ligament (or worse). When you depend on that thumb for your entire career, you don’t take chances. Keeping Lock active with the ability to practice could easily cause setbacks. An injury like that could linger without the proper time to heal. Think about how long it took for Lindsay to heal - different injury but any hand injuries can be tricky.
    This.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by drhiii View Post
    Agree, don't overreact. Just react... I would be surprised if this team gets 5 wins.
    The Chargers lost their first game last season. You could be right, but weíll see how it goes.

Ah well. That was meant to be one of our easier games this season...

I'm going to pretend it didn't happen and that we actually start our season at home to the Bears on Sunday.