• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzbodog
    Football Immortal
    • Aug 2007

Melvin Gordon Thread Dead - Chiefs Are The Team To Beat

I know this is taking a chance and this thread might die a quick death, but I've grown tired (maybe others have too) with the Melvin Gordon thread. I think 45 pages/668 posts and counting is enough. It's just one game into the season but I really believe KC is the one to focus on as we progress into the season. IMO, by game 8-10 we should have a decent feel for where the AFC West is headed. However, one never knows!
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 09-09-2019, 07:40 AM.
    Utah Bronco Freak
  • obi-groo
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I know this is taking a chance and this thread might die a quick death, but I've grown tired (maybe others have too) with the Melvin Gordon thread. I think 45 pages/668 posts and counting is enough. It's just one game into the season but I really believe KC is the one to focus on as we progress into the season. IMO, by game 8-10 we should have a decent feel for where the AFC West is headed. However, one never knows!
    They have a lot of weapons. Enough to not miss a beat without their top receiver and Mahomes hobbled. I'm still very concerned about the defense but hopefully it can improve every week. They are more or less a new defense and haven't had any time together minus the preseason. I just hope that when teams focus in on Sammy that they can still win these next 4 to 6 games without Hill...and win this Raiders game with maybe a less mobile Mahomes.

Comment

• baphamet
      Family Trust Beer
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      If you actually read my posts and didn’t get so emotional, you would realize that I have been saying the chiefs are the team to beat in the division.

I said it last year too when Elway said the chargers “might” be the team to beat.

One things for sure, if anyone is going to take the division from them it will be the chargers.

The broncos or raiders are not equipped to do it.

Comment

• arapaho
        reserved for losing bet
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        If you actually read my posts and didn’t get so emotional, you would realize that I have been saying the chiefs are the team to beat in the division.

I said it last year too when Elway said the chargers “might” be the team to beat.

One things for sure, if anyone is going to take the division from them it will be the chargers.

The broncos or raiders are not equipped to do it.

from the showing by your defense the bolts aint either
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• obi-groo
          Practice Squad
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          I think the Chargers take a step back this year but will still probably be 2nd in the division. I don't think anyone is equipped to keep up with the Chiefs in this division. Your best chance is when they have these injury's. That means that Raiders team that has been made a fool of has it's best shot next week with Hill gone and Mahomes not 100%. Hill should be back by the time we face any other AFC West teams though. Your only hope is that they stumble for a few games while Hill is out.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
            Practice Squad
            • Jan 2014

Kansas City is the team to beat...in the AFCW only.
            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
              Well this is an AFC west discussion and forum

Comment

• obi-groo
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                In the AFC I would consider there to be two teams to beat. Chiefs and Pats. Who is more dangerous? Depends on who you ask.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                  In the AFC I would consider there to be two teams to beat. Chiefs and Pats. Who is more dangerous? Depends on who you ask.
                  Chiefs got to be more disciplined than Belichicks pansies. Both very good teams but the Chiefs cannot beat themselves like they did in the playoffs.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Chiefs got to be more disciplined than Belichicks pansies. Both very good teams but the Chiefs cannot beat themselves like they did in the playoffs last season.

They’d be sooo good if Reid could master the clock and keep em overly disciplined.

Comment

• baphamet
                      Family Trust Beer
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      "one game a season does not make" - Arapaho

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

I think the Chargers take a step back this year but will still probably be 2nd in the division. I don't think anyone is equipped to keep up with the Chiefs in this division. Your best chance is when they have these injury's. That means that Raiders team that has been made a fool of has it's best shot next week with Hill gone and Mahomes not 100%. Hill should be back by the time we face any other AFC West teams though. Your only hope is that they stumble for a few games while Hill is out.
                        they did last year didn't they? the chiefs offense is really good and yes the chiefs are the team to beat in the division but if you think the chargers can't play with them when they beat you in your house last time they met, you better think again.

Comment

• obi-groo
                          Practice Squad
                          • Aug 2013

they did last year didn't they? the chiefs offense is really good and yes the chiefs are the team to beat in the division but if you think the chargers can't play with them when they beat you in your house last time they met, you better think again.
                          There have been some changes. I think the Chiefs can overcome their injury's….can the Chargers? They barley held on with a Luckless Colts team. I expect the Chargers to implode because other than last year....that's what they do. I don't consider last year to be the norm for them.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Chiefs got to be more disciplined than Belichicks pansies. Both very good teams but the Chiefs cannot beat themselves like they did in the playoffs last season.

They’d be sooo good if Reid could master the clock and keep em overly disciplined.
                            Lol, a Broncos fan rooting for the Chiefs over the Patriots...
                            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• arapaho
                              reserved for losing bet
                              • Mar 2004

"one game a season does not make" - Arapaho
                              This from somebody writing off the broncos who haven’t played yet
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X