Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    John is signed through 2020 I believe. Let him see it through if you ask me. No matter our feelings of him we need to see what Drew Lock has. We have had back to back promising draft classes and will have some cap space to work with. Trade Harris and Sanders for 2020 picks. See if John can throw together another good draft. Try and get an extra 1st in 2021 so if Lock doesn’t work out we can go hard after Fields or Lawrence as the face of our franchise.
    I say Elway and Fangio get the rest of this year and all of next year. If this team isn’t trending hard in the right direction towards the end of 2020 cut ties and go HARD after Ryan Day and Justin Fields from Ohio St. and get a real GM.
    How about we. Dont and say we did.

. . . "trending hard in the right direction. . . " WHAT?!?! How will you quantify if they are "trending in the right direction," KWHIT97? What a bunch of hocus pocus. Again, "rebuilding" is for losers and excuses-makers, designed to suck more monies into the "rebuilder's pockets/bank accounts, etc." The NFL is too competitive for "trending in the 'right' direction." That statement reminds me of something that a politician would say.

This one ^^^^has character lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    . . . "trending hard in the right direction. . . " WHAT?!?! How will you quantify if they are "trending in the right direction," KWHIT97? What a bunch of hocus pocus. Again, "rebuilding" is for losers and excuses-makers, designed to suck more monies into the "rebuilder's pockets/bank accounts, etc." The NFL is too competitive for "trending in the 'right' direction." That statement reminds me of something that a politician would say.
    Well at least you feel strongly about whatever youíre trying to say. Makes absolutely no sense, but at least you have conviction.

"Rebuilding" is an overused, ridiculous term and concept used by losers and excuses-makers. The correct term should be "building," and it is an ongoing process for organizations that are continually successful, be it a football team or otherwise. Embrace.
    I categorically disagree. Rebuilding implies that your were good once and are tearing it down and building new. Building can be used aptly to describe the Texans....since coming into the league they really have never had a spectacular team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I categorically disagree. Rebuilding implies that your were good once and are tearing it down and building new. Building can be used aptly to describe the Texans....since coming into the league they really have never had a spectacular team.
    To some degree every team is rebuilding every year with free agency and the draft. Defining rebuilding is somewhat subjective. In the case of the Broncos I think it means going further with moves than previous years, for example trading or releasing players some fans believe should stay no matter what. Itís taking steps like parting ways with fan favorites like Wolfe and Sanders. Or making a clear departure from past success by trading a marquee player in Von Miller. I think it comes back to the level of rebuilding because every roster in the league changes year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    To some degree every team is rebuilding every year with free agency and the draft. Defining rebuilding is somewhat subjective. In the case of the Broncos I think it means going further with moves than previous years, for example trading or releasing players some fans believe should stay no matter what. It’s taking steps like parting ways with fan favorites like Wolfe and Sanders. Or making a clear departure from past success by trading a marquee player in Von Miller. I think it comes back to the level of rebuilding because every roster in the league changes year to year.
    Perhaps I am just a stickler for verbiage but what you first described is improving...not rebuilding. Typically rebuilding teams do one of two main/major things One is they cut dead weight. Two, as your aptly pointed out, they start to move on from assets which can get them value. Some assets like Wolfe & Sanders can likely be replaced. I'd argue that Von Miller is near impossible to replace but if two 1st rounders were offered....the value to a truly rebuilding team could be well worth it. Also for most rebuilding teams they are MULTIPLE players away from being true contenders. An improving team such as the 2014 Broncos were simply a player or two away from fielding something, dare I say, historic (defense).

Perhaps I am just a stickler for verbiage but what you first described is improving...not rebuilding. Typically rebuilding teams do one of two main/major things One is they cut dead weight. Two, as your aptly pointed out, they start to move on from assets which can get them value. Some assets like Wolfe & Sanders can likely be replaced. I'd argue that Von Miller is near impossible to replace but if two 1st rounders were offered....the value to a truly rebuilding team could be well worth it. Also for most rebuilding teams they are MULTIPLE players away from being true contenders. An improving team such as the 2014 Broncos were simply a player or two away from fielding something, dare I say, historic (defense).
    There's definitely a nuance being missed and understood at the same time.

Call me a homer, but I honestly think Denver's ills would be fixed
    with one solid OL draft.

Give Munchak the first four picks and let him build his OL line.

Ex:
    R1 LT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
    R2 OG/C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin
    R3 RT/RG Calvin Throckmorton, Michigan
    R3 OG/C Darryl Williams, Mississippi State

Add in Risner at LG.

Thomas / Bolles
    Risner / Bolles
    Biadasz / Williams
    Throckmorton / Williams
    James / Throckmorton

Most FA cap could be spent on D,
    with some pieces already set.
    (Miller, Chubb, Reed, Johnson, Jackson)

Denver is in a Replenish state more than a Rebuild, IMO.

I disagree both with the post you disagree with and your post. Rebuilding means that the majority of the current team/coaching etc is not worth keeping, and you start fresh. What Gruden did last year would qualify to a significant extent, but Texans has kept its great defense and retooled.

The skill level difference between teams in the NFL is not that great, and that is the reason that you see ex. our defense this week have hope and play tough. The tackle that Kareem Jackson made, if similar effort had been put in against the Jaguars and Bears, then we would not be a team that discussed "rebuilding" but discussing how we could get that little bit better. Why did we start 6-0 in 2009 and end 2-8 with the same team and why did the defense improve so much in 2011 after Orton was benched... Hope and effort can be lost or come back in the span of weeks.

We are in no way more than a great draft away.

Texans did not rebuild - they drafted a good - maybe great QB, and that made a huge difference. Chiefs were nothing a few years back - then they got Alex Smith and they were contending, and sadly they now have that new guy that is quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    How about we. Dont and say we did.
    It's going to happen whether you like it or not.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Are there any other NFL fans and viewers growing tired of Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth telling us what we have just seen on NFL game telecasts? Regarding the possibility of Al Michaels ever FINALLY retiring in some decade soon: "No, I don't believe in miracles!"
    I always liked the pair, especially Chris Collinsworth. When he is amazed at a play, you can hear the excitement in his voice and he usually follows it up with "Wow! Just wow!"

Listening to Trent Dilfer however is unbearable. I watch games on mute if he has any possibility of talking.

John Madden was and always will be, in my eyes, the poet laureate of the NFL.

On to the subject of the thread, no it is not time to move on. Tonight will tell us a lot about the Denver Broncos, Vic Fangio, Scangerello (sp?) , and Joe Flacco.

This game has a playoff like atmosphere to it (maybe only in my eyes) since this game can change the dynamic of the AFC west. I bet every charger fan and raiders will be rooting for the orange and blue tonight.

I think the Chiefs are playing with house money though. If they lose, the narrative will be it's because Mahomes is injured (and he is). If they win, they'll be the most exciting team in the NFL once again.

A side question. If the Broncos win tonight, which team in the AFC west "controls their fate" if they "win out" for the AFC west? I'm thinking the Raiders since they haven't lost to a divisional opponent, but I may be wrong.

Let's just hope the Bronchos "make a statement" tonight, and let everything else just "come naturally," as Buck Owens used to sing. Anyone old enough (like me) to recall his name and songs of "both types," country AND western?

Let's just hope the Bronchos "make a statement" tonight, and let everything else just "come naturally," as Buck Owens used to sing. Anyone old enough (like me) to recall his name and songs of "both types," country AND western?
    Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Bakersfield
    My nick of the woods !

No talent

The Broncos have a non-talented team. The reason?

Out of the past 54 draft picks, we have found 6 starters. That's not counting Garrett Bolles because he has no business playing tackle in the NFL. 6/54 is an 11% hit rate. Many of the players who didn't start didn't even play a meaningful role as a backup. That's the way to deplete a team of talent.

What's worse is that if you look at our free agent signings in the past 4 years, out of our 98 free agent signings, 5 players have played significant roles or are still with the team.

That's horrible. And the reason this team is so under talented. I'll leave you to make conclusions about who is responsible.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!